Troy's First Grow - Animal Cookies & Platinum OG Clones - DWC & Soil - 2017

Thanks BS - It sure works better than my first attempt of trying to dry in my grow tent while the grow continues. I don't have any exhaust fan so you can smell them if near that bedroom. I think it will do fine until I do my full chop. My plans are eventually (sometime next week) to shut off the lights and use my grow tent as a drying tent.

I have to chop no later than about 10/23 to give me 4 weeks to dry and begin curing before I leave for South America on 11/23. I want to get them all jarred up and packed with Boveda 62% before I leave. They will be cured for about 2 months when I get back.
Perfect way to wrap up your vacation! . .

Nice harvest man...soon you'll be reaping what you've grown :goodjob: :passitleft:

Thanks High420Tech - Sure look forward to reaping the rewards. I'm going to miss growing while away on vacation but eager to get a try at growing Autos when I get back.

I'll check out your grow looks interesting!

Re: Troy's First Grow - Animal Cookies & Platinum OG Clones - DWC & Soil - 2017

Looking good Troy. I’m playing the bouncing humidity game right now for one of my jars haha

Thanks Archi - that bouncing humidity is challenging for me as I am harvesting daily and needing to keep it tuned in. I think I will be using separate jars until they get to a steady state.

What are you doing to control the bouncing humidity?

Over in Dr.ziggys low and slow drying thread people are playing around with rice for curing! I was gunna grab the link but my phone is being wierd but there's lots of good info in that thread on drying and curing!

Thanks Archi - that bouncing humidity is challenging for me as I am harvesting daily and needing to keep it tuned in. I think I will be using separate jars until they get to a steady state.

What are you doing to control the bouncing humidity?

Well, same thing as you. Burping until it gets to a comfortable RH. Im sitting at 59%in my jar. The rest of my harvest is either still going or sitting in brown bags in my tent. I'm trying that method of drying this time. Buds are like mini cured when they come out. Then straight into a jar.

Over in Dr.ziggys low and slow drying thread people are playing around with rice for curing! I was gunna grab the link but my phone is being wierd but there's lots of good info in that thread on drying and curing!

Rice huh?? I'll be damn. Makes sense though. I just need a place to dry that has stable temps. Smell is a concern of course.

I'm currently drying in a brown paper shopping bag closed with clothespins inside my tent. Well a couple of em. My floodtray sits off the floor so I slide em' underneath.

I've been reading in that thread also. Rice makes sense.

I accidently dropped my IPhone in a swimming pool. I powered down immediately and put it in a bag of rice. It dried it out perfectly and it went on living for another couple years.

Well, same thing as you. Burping until it gets to a comfortable RH. Im sitting at 59%in my jar. The rest of my harvest is either still going or sitting in brown bags in my tent. I’m trying that method of drying this time. Buds are like mini cured when they come out. Then straight into a jar.

I have a brown bag in the tent also. a little experiment as oppose to hanging.. LOL It seems like the buds in the bag are drying slowly and enjoy a paperbag burp one or twice a day.

Rice huh?? I’ll be damn. Makes sense though. I just need a place to dry that has stable temps. Smell is a concern of course.

I’m currently drying in a brown paper shopping bag closed with clothespins inside my tent. Well a couple of em. My floodtray sits off the floor so I slide em’ underneath.

My goodness - looks like we are all trying out the brown paper bags.

Smell is a concern to me also but seems like keeping my closet closed is keeping the smell inside. I guess it will have to work until my tent is freed up.

10/22 - Day 74 Flower

Another day of some strategic harvesting. Still have quite a bit to harvest.

420-magazine-mobile650624363.jpg

420-magazine-mobile481421901.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1134267486.jpg

Nice looks like you'll get a great harvest overall by the time your done trimming!

I have discovered using an ice chest to store cure jars in works good. You can pop the jar lids or put buds in bowl place back in cooler. If need moisture add a cup of water to inside of cooler. I have found I can manipulate the humidity and such and the buds share and absorb what moisture they want. Many methods work. Nice harvest bud! :passitleft:

:thanks:

That's a new one for me. It is amazing the great contributions :420: members make on a daily basis. I will definitely look into it.

Nice looks like you'll get a great harvest overall by the time your done trimming!

Tanks BS - I have just about 1 ounce dry so far from Animal Cookies - the particular grex is not rated as a large producer. My goal was 2 ounces so will have to see how she finishes off.

Good news is she is a nice smoke - She has a Indica body melt coupled with a spacey head-high. She is not fully cured yet but has a nice scent of lemons mixed with pine. Very smooth smoke - My initial toke reminded me of the first toke I ever had some 40 years ago.

Tanks BS - I have just about 1 ounce dry so far from Animal Cookies - the particular grex is not rated as a large producer. My goal was 2 ounces so will have to see how she finishes off.

Good news is she is a nice smoke - She has a Indica body melt coupled with a spacey head-high. She is not fully cured yet but has a nice scent of lemons mixed with pine. Very smooth smoke - My initial toke reminded me of the first toke I ever had some 40 years ago.
Sounds like you nailed it! .

I have discovered using an ice chest to store cure jars in works good. You can pop the jar lids or put buds in bowl place back in cooler. If need moisture add a cup of water to inside of cooler. I have found I can manipulate the humidity and such and the buds share and absorb what moisture they want. Many methods work. Nice harvest bud! :passitleft:

Yea I might have to give this a go. I imagine a sealed cooler keeps smell down a bit.

10/23

Started doing a major (well maybe not MAJOR) harvest this morning. I cut off 250 grams of buds which trimmed down to 175 grams (wet).

420-magazine-mobile1621122088.jpg

420-magazine-mobile718505750.jpg

I am trying out something new for me with this portion of the harvest. I'm trying DrZiggy's Low and Slow Drying Method for this portion of the harvest.

I started by washing my buds in a 5% Hydrogen Peroxide water bath after trimming. Afterwards I laid them out on a rack to dry off. I next cleared a space in my frost free refrigerator and laid the branches on a rack. The process says they should be dried and ready for jars in 7-10 days.

420-magazine-mobile2024613862.jpg

420-magazine-mobile486112072.jpg

Can't wait to see how your low and slow buds turn out Troy! How was it washing them? Did it feel wierd, was there a lot of gunk in the water after?

Back
Top Bottom