Troy's First Grow - Animal Cookies & Platinum OG Clones - DWC & Soil - 2017

Post Mortem

Errors I made that have affected my yield -

1. My grow began outdoor in old potting soil that was laying around. After moving to tent I found I had little critters aphids and tripe. I fought them throughout the grow.

2. Full Spectrum with Grow and Flower switches - I didn't learn that you should keep both on for flower. Thanks to my friends here to tell me about this. After switching to Full spectrum the girls really started packing on some weight.

3. Don't go cheap when it comes to fans. I started out with cheap 4" inline fan and had problems with both smell and heat control with it. I replaced it with a good 6" fan and solved both problems.

4. Don't accidently unplug your air pump for the DWC. It only takes a day or 2 without air to cause root rot.

5 More is Less - As a first time grower I was always trying to do something to the girls. I did lots of defoliation and think it would have been better to have just lollipoped.

6. To control size if height is a consideration realized that the girls may double in size during the stretch period after flip. I ran my grow for about 8 weeks which was probably about 2 weeks too long.

7. Keep your eye on PH daily even if using PH Perfect nutes. I found I had problem when trying things out e.g. molasses - really threw my PH out of control.

8. Understand how large the girls grow when selecting your tent. I bought a 3x3x7 tent and found it will be too small for more than 2 plants. I will be replacing her for my next grow.

9. Run your exhaust fan 24/24. I initially had my fan on the 12/24 and humidity and smells really build up during dark time.

10. Don't dry in your grow tent unless you fully harvest. My first partial harvest was put in the tent with the girls and with the heat and light they dried TOO fast.

11. Purchase a good pair of LED Grow Glasses. I burnt my cornea not using glasses and let me tell you it is painful.

12. If growing DWC get a good siphon pump. I initially purchased a hand pump and found it took a lot of work to change out the 5 gallon reservoir on a weekly basis. I later purchased an electric pump and made the work a breeze.

13. Prune off lower branches that are producing popcorn. While they look good the final result from these aren't worth the yield from these small fluffy buds.

14. Put a light in the tent to use during periods when you shut off the grow lights for photos and maintenance.

15. Try LST to increase number of Colas.

Drying is complete and finished jarring up for final cure.

Final Results are in - and she produced better than I was expecting.

Animal Cookies 95 Grams or 3.34 Ounces
Platinum OG 84 Grams or 2.94 Ounces
Shake 35 Grams or 1.24 Ounces

Total 179 Grams or 7.52 Ounces

Awesome man congrats! You did a great job. That's an impressive yeild for sure. Been a pleasure following along. Well be starting our 2nd grows about the same time, it'll be fun to see how they go compared to our first. .

Also, a few things I noticed. Just to help. Lol
1. 95+84+35 is 214.
2. 214 grams total, is 7.64 ounces.
3. You yielded more than you thought lol

(If I'm wrong, please forgive me.)

Looking forward to your smoke report on those girls. Buds look amazing congrats again man

Awesome man congrats! You did a great job. That's an impressive yeild for sure. Been a pleasure following along. Well be starting our 2nd grows about the same time, it'll be fun to see how they go compared to our first. .

Also, a few things I noticed. Just to help. Lol
1. 95+84+35 is 214.
2. 214 grams total, is 7.64 ounces.
3. You yielded more than you thought lol

(If I'm wrong, please forgive me.)

Looking forward to your smoke report on those girls. Buds look amazing congrats again man

You got me man. :thumb:

I shouldn't do the math in my head. Looking forward to your next grow also.

I stoked up the oven today and decarbed 4 ounces of leaf. Talking about dank - The house reeks.

It took me a bit of work to get it loaded into Magic Butter machine. Initially Magic Butter wasn't working it down so I mixed it really good with a spatula to get the dried leaf to absorb the EverClear and fired her back up and she is working great. Tincture should be ready in about 4 hours.

Good job on your grow i was wondering on amount myself nice buds
Thanks CloseTop

The Platinum OG had much denser buds and really yielded good. I was a bit anal with my first grow and weighed each branch Wet from Plant, Wet Trimmed, dry Trimmed, Bud Only after drying. Gave me a good idea to help estimate on my next grown.

I used Advanced Nutrients PH Perfect 3 part - Also used Voodoo Juice, B-52 and Bud Candy. Mostly used it in the DWC. The soil grow (Platinum) I put a Tom's Tomato steak in and pulled it out after flowering began. Mostly used left over nutrients from the DWC in the soil.

For lights I did the Veg outside and moved it to the tent for Flower - In the tent I had a 600w Kingbro Dual Full Spectrum. I didn't know better and initially ran it on Flower only. I was later advised to flip both switches on the Girls liked it. For the second half of Flower I added a second 600w Kingbro.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us. :bravo: :goodjob:

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Hey Troy I also have the kingbo 600w how do u like it this is my first run with it I also purchased the kingbo 300 as well just curious as to how u have made out under them

I really like the Kingbo. I have two of the 600 W and currently using in my small tent (ran out of space). I'm using it to finish off some of my plants that outgrew my other tent.

I shifted to COB's in my main tent. Really like the COBS as they use less electricity and also put off a lot less heat.

I really like the Kingbo. I have two of the 600 W and currently using in my small tent (ran out of space). I'm using it to finish off some of my plants that outgrew my other tent.

I shifted to COB's in my main tent. Really like the COBS as they use less electricity and also put off a lot less heat.
Ya with my 600w and 300w both on full spectrum my tent climbs to 84-85 I have been told that is to hot for autos not sure but the growth under them has me impressed

Ya with my 600w and 300w both on full spectrum my tent climbs to 84-85 I have been told that is to hot for autos not sure but the growth under them has me impressed

It is a little warm but if you add some circulation fans you should be ok. Not sure of your schedule but I set my timer so their sleep time is during the warmest part of the day. I live in Northern California relatively close to the ocean so have a fairly moderate outdoor temperature and cool evenings. I also often open the garage door about a foot and let in cool air during the night.

Back
Top Bottom