Troy's - Freezer JuJu Tincture

Troy01

I decided to brew up a batch of my favorite - JuJu (Jungle Juice) Tincture this morning. I thought I would document this method.

Needed -

1 Ounce (27 G) Top Shelf Bud
12 Ounces (354 ml) Pure Grain Everclear 181 - Place in Freezer for 24 hours prior to beginning the process
1 Quart Mason Jar
Decarb Box - or other vessel
Strainer
Cheese Cloth
Coffee Filter
1 Qt Sauce Pan

I started out by measuring out 27 G of Platinum OG

Next I broke the buds down by hand and removed any large stem. You don't want to pulverize the material just small enough to decarb evenly. I'm using the Magic Butter Decarb Box. It is made out of Silicon and has a built in thermometer. It seals in all the vapor and is suppose to help maintain all the good things that other methods allow to evaporate off. Is this advertising hype or ??

Place in Oven at 240 F (115.5 C) for 40-50 minutes. I find that my oven varies a good 10 degrees from what I set so I keep an eye on it using the built in external thermometer and set it to 240 F to let me know if it gets too hot.

I'll be back in about an hour! :surf:

Hey @Troy01

I was just going to contact you and some of the other tincture/tisane/infusion people and see if you wanted to make an indexed thread for your recipes.

I know @InTheShed and a few others are making similar items, and their methods would be great indexed for easy access.

Let me know what you think.

Great process and explanation BTW.... :thumb:

I'm using the Magic Butter Decarb Box. It is made out of Silicon and has a built in thermometer. It seals in all the vapor and is suppose to help maintain all the good things that other methods allow to evaporate off. Is this advertising hype or ??
Decarbing in a sealed container should retain some of the terpenes during the decarb (I do mine in tin foil folded in half and then sealed along the three edges). It keeps the smell down but isn't as good at retaining terpenes as decarbing in oil, which retains all of them. I don't see the advantage of silicon though, except for the MB company ;).

What is tincture and what does it do? Ive heard of it, not got a clue what it is though lol

A tincture is a medication that is diluted with grain alcohol. It is a consumption method without smoking. Usually put under the tongue.

There are
Tinctures - alcohol based
Tisanes - tea based. Like herbal tea
Infusions -fat based. like coconut butter, butter, oil etc.

I learned all that from here from @BigBearNTexas

A tincture is a medication that is diluted with grain alcohol. It is a consumption method without smoking. Usually put under the tongue.

There are
Tinctures - alcohol based
Tisanes - tea based. Like herbal tea
Infusions -fat based. like coconut butter, butter, oil etc.

I learned all that from here from @BigBearNTexas

Tinctures can also be used in wine/wine coolers to kill the bitter taste. Just hold the wine in your mouth a bit before swallowing.

If you brew a tincture Old School, you don't have to decarb, as the month or so brewing time converts the THCA into THC (as well as matures the other cannabinoids in your buds/trim/leaves)

What is tincture and what does it do? Ive heard of it, not got a clue what it is though lol
Basically you soak your bud in Alcohol and it dissolves the THC. You then have a liquid form of THC that can be ingested directly or reduced down to form a THC Oil.

I usually concentrate mine down (by evaporation) to a strength of 10 ml / 1/2 ml. I dose by placing under my tongue. Unlike smoking it is more like an edible and takes 1 -2 hours to get in your system but is also longer l

Tinctures can also be used in wine/wine coolers to kill the bitter taste. Just hold the wine in your mouth a bit before swallowing.

If you brew a tincture Old School, you don't have to decarb, as the month or so brewing time converts the THCA into THC (as well as matures the other cannabinoids in your buds/trim/leaves)

Thanks for bringing that up. My spouse prefers the wine method also.

This method only takes a couple days to complete and is as strong as the old school method. It also doesn't pull nearly as much harsh flavors or chlorophyll.

Hey @Troy01

I was just going to contact you and some of the other tincture/tisane/infusion people and see if you wanted to make an indexed thread for your recipes.

I know @InTheShed and a few others are making similar items, and their methods would be great indexed for easy access.

Let me know what you think.

Great process and explanation BTW.... :thumb:

I'm in on creating an index of the different methods.

I will probably be doing an Oil Infusion with my green leaf and stem when I harvest. I'm going to have a huge amount of leaf.
I will start indexing when you get a few methods on here. Then we can update every few methods/recipes.

Fast Forward 24 hours - April 10

After shaking a number of times over the past 24 yours there's lots of kief and trichomes broken away from the plant material.

Add 1 1/2 cups of Everclear (90 ml or 3 ounces per 1/4 ounce)

Shake vigorsly for 5 minutes and place both the Everclear and the JuJu Juice back in the freezer for 24 hours Shaking about 3 or 4 times during this period.

I will probably be doing an Oil Infusion with my green leaf and stem when I harvest. I'm going to have a huge amount of leaf.

I end up with a ton of leaves, larfy buds, and trim, too. In addiction to Tinctures, I like to dry some of the leftovers and grind them to use as herbs in my cooking. I don't decarb this, either, because it will cure stored in a mason jar. Plus, cooking decarbs the herb.

When adding to a main dish, there has to be some kind of fat: animal or plant to bind to. My favorite go-to main dish is a ground meat stew, with any kind of veggies you want added. 1/4 cup ground herb to 1 pound ground meat. This is a maintenance dosage, but if you go for seconds and thirds, you WILL get a buzz off it.

Don't let anyone convince you that you cannot get high on leaves. :yummy:

I end up with a ton of leaves, larfy buds, and trim, too. In addiction to Tinctures, I like to dry some of the leftovers and grind them to use as herbs in my cooking. I don't decarb this, either, because it will cure stored in a mason jar. Plus, cooking decarbs the herb.

When adding to a main dish, there has to be some kind of fat: animal or plant to bind to. My favorite go-to main dish is a ground meat stew, with any kind of veggies you want added. 1/4 cup ground herb to 1 pound ground meat. This is a maintenance dosage, but if you go for seconds and thirds, you WILL get a buzz off it.

Don't let anyone convince you that you cannot get high on leaves. :yummy:

Thanks for the recipe I have it marked and will definitely try it out.

I agree with you 100% I recently used a big bag of leaves and made a nice batch of oil from it. I documented it in my grow journal. I was pleased with the quality and 1 cc trial gave me a strong body high for about 5 hours.

I'm going to have a shit load of leaves and small bud when I harvest my current crop. @newty has recommend that I freeze it green and make some butte out of it to be used for edibles. I'm definitely going to give it a trial.

Back
Top Bottom