Troy's - Freezer JuJu Tincture

Looks good @Troy01! I think I’m going to do QWET on my next harvest. I’m going to make gummies and tincture works great for that.

I haven't tried gummies yet. Would be interested in seeing how you do it with tincture.

You can do it with tincture or with oil. Basically you make Jello with extra gelatin and some tincture. Pour into molds, chill, and they are done.

I need to figure out how to store them though. Storing in the fridge works okay, but it draws out a lot of water and the gummy is tough. But then again, if people like Haribo, then maybe that’s a good thing. Lol. I prefer my gummies soft.

You can do it with tincture or with oil. Basically you make Jello with extra gelatin and some tincture. Pour into molds, chill, and they are done.

I need to figure out how to store them though. Storing in the fridge works okay, but it draws out a lot of water and the gummy is tough. But then again, if people like Haribo, then maybe that’s a good thing. Lol. I prefer my gummies soft.

I'll have to look into that. I like solid state fuel.....

After letting the bud set in the freezer over night I infuse with a secondary wash. This is optional but I have read studies that a second wash will yield 15-20% more thc. Let the second wash sit for 24 hours then strain. I initially strain it through a sieve and then through a coffee filter.

The coffee filter will filter out the trichomes ----- looks just like hash but most of the THC is now in alcohol suspension. The final product will be a very light blonde tincture. Finally we will concentrate it down to desired strength.

The cold process mostly dissolves THC and doesn't pull a lot of chlorophyll - there is no harsh flavor.

Started the concentration today. I make the level on the side of the jar with a marker and will initially evaporate it down by 50% and will check for strength at that time.

BTW - I also have a Coconut Oil tincture that is still a bit of alcohol in it so I stuck it in also to evaporate off the remaining alcohol for a friend that not able to consume alcohol.

I bring the water bath to a boil and then turn down to a simmer and put the jars in the sauce pans.

I’m drying out my trimmed fan leaves to add to the trim jar in the freezer. I think by drying them first before freezing, there may be less chlorophyll in the final product. Not that I care that much for my sleep meds, but if I made edibles, it helps if the product is less “weed” tasting.

I’m drying out my trimmed fan leaves to add to the trim jar in the freezer. I think by drying them first before freezing, there may be less chlorophyll in the final product. Not that I care that much for my sleep meds, but if I made edibles, it helps if the product is less “weed” tasting.

I have a big bag of leaf in the freezer also. I'll probably will be making my first magic butter. I got some large gummy bear molds and a couple chocolate molds. I'll see what I come up with.

I like the shape of the Gummi Bears also.... looking forward to making my first batch.
I have a question. Does the decarboxylate amount change based on the tincture, or does it stay the same?

I'm trying to decide if the first step will be separate or will be included in the JuJu Tincture.

I have a question. Does the decarboxylate amount change based on the tincture, or does it stay the same?

I'm trying to decide if the first step will be separate or will be included in the JuJu Tincture.

I guess the amount doesn't matter. I don't really measure the Everclear. I make sure there is about an inch or two over the top of the decarbed material. The end result potency will depend on the evaporation at the end. I'm sure the potency also depends on the product used.

I guess the amount doesn't matter. I don't really measure the Everclear. I make sure there is about an inch or two over the top of the decarbed material. The end result potency will depend on the evaporation at the end. I'm sure the potency also depends on the product used.

I was asking really to know if the decarb should be part of the indexed tincture or be independent of it. If the amount is specific, it probably needs to be included.

Sorry, I would have posted this yesterday but the thread got lost.....

I'm starting the index for the tinctures.....

I was asking really to know if the decarb should be part of the indexed tincture or be independent of it. If the amount is specific, it probably needs to be included.

Sorry, I would have posted this yesterday but the thread got lost.....

I'm starting the index for the tinctures.....

Don't really think the Decarb process needs to be documented. If it does I was using the recommendation of @newty . She is the master of different techniques.

For a cold process you really need to decarb first otherwise from what they tell me---- no high.

@Bonsaiweed
If you are going to be using it as a tincture, the bud/leaf needs to be decarbed first. Decarb temp is going to be over the evaporation temp for alcohol, so it would boil down to resin before getting to decarb temps.

If you are using alcohol to extract the resin, then the plant material doesn’t need to be decarbed first. If used for dabs, it will decarb during combustion, or can be done seperately if used for edibles.

@Bonsaiweed
If you are going to be using it as a tincture, the bud/leaf needs to be decarbed first. Decarb temp is going to be over the evaporation temp for alcohol, so it would boil down to resin before getting to decarb temps.

If you are using alcohol to extract the resin, then the plant material doesn’t need to be decarbed first. If used for dabs, it will decarb during combustion, or can be done seperately if used for edibles.

Thanks BigBear -

Back
Top Bottom