True North 420 Sale!

Hey Teddy, what's going on, I placed and paid (e-transfer) for an order over a week ago that seems to have vanished into a black hole. No reply to my emails and after 15 minutes on hold the phone call disconnects. What's going on at True North?

We have noted your complaint concerning True North. We are here not only to protect our sponsors but also to represent our members, so we have therefore contacted the sponsor in question and asked them to comment in this thread.

We hope this will help facilitate a swift resolution to the issue and we will be monitoring the situation.

We have noted your complaint concerning True North. We are here not only to protect our sponsors but also to represent our members, so we have therefore contacted the sponsor in question and asked them to comment in this thread.

We hope this will help facilitate a swift resolution to the issue and we will be monitoring the situation.

Thanks Teddy, got a reply yesterday, I was told that their 420 sale was such a whopping success that they're backed up getting orders shipped out.

Be like FAO Schwarz having a huge Christmas sale back in the day, I suppose - at a time when a big chunk of your customer base was experiencing the delight of suddenly being able to legally possess toys. I can see how they might not have been fully prepared for their success.

Let's hope that's it.

By the way: Nice .SIG, lol. Although taxes are supposed to benefit the taxed - as a society. That often doesn't appear to be so, though. And often isn't, in practice. And, regardless, it always seems that less and less of the monies collected end up going toward their stated/intended purposes while, at the same time, more and more of them get spent on supporting the bureaucracy that is tasked with collecting/dispersing those funds.

Be like FAO Schwarz having a huge Christmas sale back in the day, I suppose - at a time when a big chunk of your customer base was experiencing the delight of suddenly being able to legally possess toys. I can see how they might not have been fully prepared for their success.

Let's hope that's it.

By the way: Nice .SIG, lol. Although taxes are supposed to benefit the taxed - as a society. That often doesn't appear to be so, though. And often isn't, in practice. And, regardless, it always seems that less and less of the monies collected end up going toward their stated/intended purposes while, at the same time, more and more of them get spent on supporting the bureaucracy that is tasked with collecting/dispersing those funds.

Thanks Tortured, still no shipment notice and I'm wondering if they might need to switch strains to a sativa rather than an indica.

Just in case you're curious, most of those quotes in my SIG come from Robert Heinlein's books. Rumour has it he used Lazarus Long to express his personal views on government to avoid getting attention from McCarthy and the House Committee on Un-American Activities witch trials.

Yes, I am familiar with the author. I doubt that was just a rumor. It was a bad time. We could learn a lot from studying it. You know what they say about history (and repeating of same).

True North is really dropping the ball. On hold for 30 min twice only to be hung up on. They also don’t reply to emails concerning orders. They’ve lost me as a customer. They need to get their ducks in a row to keep up with legalization in Canada or they will be put out of business with sub par customer service.

@Shatterstate

The Canadian government isn't hassling non-licensed seed banks, are they? I noticed that the server they have their website hosted on is located in New Jersey, but I think the company's physical location (and owner) are located in Canada.

Yep, just checked their "contact" page and it states Toronto, ON. It also thanks their customers for their support during the last two sales - and that their orders are "on the way, and asks for their patience :rolleyes: . At that point in my virtual visit, I began wondering what kind of company has a big sale, is unable to fulfill the orders... and then has another sale.

But I continued to read, and saw that they're estimating that all orders will be shipped within the next seven days. Of course I have no way of knowing how long that has been there, lol, it might be new or could have been there for a couple weeks. It looks like a static text thing, not some kind of dynamic "countdown until we remember that we're supposed to be running a business" timer.

The customers in this industry, by and large, often want a bit of hand-holding, so to speak. Therefore, I'd expect to see something on the homepage, maybe something that gets updated regularly. That's if the people are still going to work everyday and still have access to their computers, anyway.

Personally, I hate to think about anyone getting busted, especially people who might have customer lists stored. So I hope they're just screwups.

Thank you for looking into this, Teddy, and please keep us updated. Speaking of updates, I noticed that you posted in this thread almost a week ago that you'd ask the sponsor to comment here. It is troubling that they have either not seen fit to have their forum representative do so, or have for some reason been unable to do so. Especially since, for a third-party cannabis seed seller, "busy trying to get seeds" generally means busy waiting on them - which is not a terribly labor-intensive activity. If, on the other hand, they produce their own seeds... well, many of us have endured a long day working and still somehow managed to read and post here afterwards (and we neither pay for the chance to do so nor derive income from it).

Maybe they have to pay someone to smuggle bulk seeds into the country and he/she sends them on from within the country?

Maybe not. But a couple of seedbanks appear to do this (or to have done this, at least).

If that's what they charge for simple shipping and handling, though, I hope they don't neglect the balls while they're doing the handling :rolleyes: .

That was rude; my apologies. But it does illustrate how people can feel if your shipping costs are somewhat out of line from the norm (although others, being someone better skilled in the social graces might have stated it a little differently ;) ).

30$ shipping from Canada to California? Shipping from Amsterdam to California, roughly HALFWAY around the world was 7$. For an envelope of seeds?

Can a representative at least explain the high shipping costs?

Is it comparable shipping? Otherwise kind of apples to oranges, as I highly doubt you can get anything with tracking for $7 from anywhere overseas (unless they eating some of the shipping cost). Some places only shipped tracked some it is an option. Shipping anything with tracking out of the US is an arm and two legs ;) I used to trade sportscards and it was outrageous what they charged to ship a small package to anywhere out of N America (and even Canada was double what it used to be back in the day).

30$ shipping from Canada to California? Shipping from Amsterdam to California, roughly HALFWAY around the world was 7$. For an envelope of seeds?

Can a representative at least explain the high shipping costs?
That was rude; my apologies. But it does illustrate how people can feel if your shipping costs are somewhat out of line from the norm (although others, being someone better skilled in the social graces might have stated it a little differently ;) ).
Is it comparable shipping? Otherwise kind of apples to oranges, as I highly doubt you can get anything with tracking for $7 from anywhere overseas (unless they eating some of the shipping cost). Some places only shipped tracked some it is an option. Shipping anything with tracking out of the US is an arm and two legs ;) I used to trade sportscards and it was outrageous what they charged to ship a small package to anywhere out of N America (and even Canada was double what it used to be back in the day).

I sent a US money order to Oregon from Canada and it cost me $30CAD for an envelope with tracking. I believing the shipping fee I was charged (included in my total) was $35USD. That’s just the price of doing business apparently.

I ordered seeds from another Canadian bank yesterday afternoon, sent e-transfer, accepted and in the post within an hour, should be arriving today according to the tracking which cost $12CAD.

I believe @seedlingmtl knows someone who has also had issues with True North lately.

I sent a US money order to Oregon from Canada and it cost me $30CAD for an envelope with tracking. I believing the shipping fee I was charged (included in my total) was $35USD. That’s just the price of doing business apparently.

I ordered seeds from another Canadian bank yesterday afternoon, sent e-transfer, accepted and in the post within an hour, should be arriving today according to the tracking which cost $12CAD.

I believe @seedlingmtl knows someone who has also had issues with True North lately.

Yup....bank transfer sat waiting to be accepted for three weeks total I think. This week the transfer was cancelled by the sender and went to find another option.

Back
Top Bottom