True North Seed Bank Online Order

TNSB is a Canadian business. Seedsman is located in the UK; they do not, as far as I know, use Canadian currency in the UK.

If you try to spend the loonies down here in Hillbilly, USA, most folks would refuse it (although I do see the odd bit of Canadian change, now and then, because some cashiers must only be educated to the level at which they have to go by shape/color, I guess).

Someone has to do a little currency conversion, somewhere. If paying cash, it's the vendor's problem. If using a credit/debit card, might be the third-party billing facilitator that they use, IDK. But it might cost them a little off the top. Not everyone wants to eat it, I expect.

EDIT: I possessed an Australian $50 bill for quite a while. Trying to convert it to something I could actually spend was largely an exercise in frustration. I found one bank that would do so, but I was told there'd be a significant delay (almost got the impression they would have to hand-convey it to Australia, lol) - give us the currency and we'll call you... at some point in the future. They also wanted $15 (USD, of course) for the exchange, which - at current exchange rates - would have been $21.80AUD out of the $50AUD... meaning I'd end up getting whatever $28.20AUD was equivalent to :rolleyes: . I finally gifted it to someone else.

TNSB is a Canadian business. Seedsman is located in the UK; they do not, as far as I know, use Canadian currency in the UK.

If you try to spend the loonies down here in Hillbilly, USA, most folks would refuse it (although I do see the odd bit of Canadian change, now and then, because some cashiers must only be educated to the level at which they have to go by shape/color, I guess).

Someone has to do a little currency conversion, somewhere. If paying cash, it's the vendor's problem. If using a credit/debit card, might be the third-party billing facilitator that they use, IDK. But it might cost them a little off the top. Not everyone wants to eat it, I expect.

The prices I quoted are from the respective websites, already converted to C$ by the vendor, or the vendor credit card processor, on those sites. I didn't do the currency conversion. Both sites also make available the option to express their prices in US$ (or GBP, etc.).

I am sure there is a mark up or spread behind the scenes in the exchange rate shown, but that is already captured/reflected in the head-to-head comparison. No matter how you slice it, or who is making money where, Seedsman is less expensive to the consumer.

Oh, wait a minute... I'm feeling like an idiot right now (common occurrence). By my logic, the Canadian vendor should be cheaper, lol.

I'll just crawl back under my rock, now, shall I? ;)

Thanks again everyone ... we made quite a bit of progress this weekend.

From what I see, Seedsman and TNSB are resellers ... both are sponsors here ... have great selection ... informative interactive web sites ... flash sales ... breeder promotions ... and great service.

Do price comparisons before buying!

10% discount code for Seedsman: 10420MAG2017
20% discount code for TNSB: 4M20

Personally, I prefer multiple-seed packs - most strains seem to have multiple phenotypes, and I want a better chance of getting the one(s) that I like best.

When growing only one seed of a strain, how can I be sure of that?

Yea; yo are right. ut in ordering one everything must go perfect (germination , no hermie, ect) would say 80% of the singles are OK - when I find a specific strain I like I re-order,

Yea; yo are right. ut in ordering one everything must go perfect (germination , no hermie, ect) would say 80% of the singles are OK - when I find a specific strain I like I re-order,

Torturedsoul - never thought of that "phenotypes" doing a run of Star Pupil (mass medical) and out of 3 seeds got only one top of the line phenotype - glad I planted 3 instead of one - the other two are very short and squat

Happy Canada Day Everyone!!!

0_TNSB_SummerSale_Slider_1.jpg

I am not missing out on the Canuk seeds sale this time!!! ... and I am thinking Blue Dream, Blueberry and Northern lights X Big Bud!!!

Here's a link for those of you who are interested: TNSB Canuk Seeds Sale

Seriously ... I need a bigger grow tent now :)

Enjoy the long weekend ... we're going camping!

Hey @rocks911 ... I love that web site!

When I first stared researching how to grow cannabis, I read through most of their posts and found it much more educational than many of the YouTube videos I was watching.

Thanks for the feedback ... I am sure there are some people out there who will look into it more before their next purchase.

Cool!!! You just joined ... that is awesome!!!

Please introduce yourself we are a great group of people here at 420 ... and if you are growing ... we are interested ... maybe even start a journal yourself. Here's a link just in case : 420 Magazine Grow Journals

Happy to share, thats what its all about. I learned a lot from that site also. Im familiar with the guy who owns the site, Robert Bergman. The company is HQ'd in Amsterdam, so theres that.

Im a retired fire Captain and medic who was looking for a hobby.

My first grow (currently underway) is White Widow in soil in a tent, along with unknown seeds that I planted for shits and giggles just to see what if...when they sprouted I purchased the WW from that web site.

Both strains are doing pretty terrific considering my inept attempts at atmospheric control. Think Im getting it dialed in though, just worry about humidity control going into flower as Im more or less at the mercy of whatever the weather chooses for the day. Im hoping dry summer is around the corner.

I have a very loose journal going. Ill do better next time.

Happy to share, thats what its all about. I learned a lot from that site also. Im familiar with the guy who owns the site, Robert Bergman. The company is HQ'd in Amsterdam, so theres that.

Im a retired fire Captain and medic who was looking for a hobby.

My first grow (currently underway) is White Widow in soil in a tent, along with unknown seeds that I planted for shits and giggles just to see what if...when they sprouted I purchased the WW from that web site.

Both strains are doing pretty terrific considering my inept attempts at atmospheric control. Think Im getting it dialed in though, just worry about humidity control going into flower as Im more or less at the mercy of whatever the weather chooses for the day. Im hoping dry summer is around the corner.

I have a very loose journal going. Ill do better next time.
White Widow is a great plant to grow. I found your journal ... I'll chat with you there.

Hey @rocks911 ... I love that web site!

When I first stared researching how to grow cannabis, I read through most of their posts and found it much more educational than many of the YouTube videos I was watching.

Thanks for the feedback ... I am sure there are some people out there who will look into it more before their next purchase.

Cool!!! You just joined ... that is awesome!!!

Please introduce yourself we are a great group of people here at 420 ... and if you are growing ... we are interested ... maybe even start a journal yourself. Here's a link just in case : 420 Magazine Grow Journals

Great website. Unfortunately, for some reason they don't ship to Canada. :(

Hey @The Bard ... that's good to know, because sometimes when a site offers great information that I use, it's nice to trow a bit of business their way.

I agree! I had an order all picked out and everything. Maybe they will change that policy in the future. Would still order from them if they would ship here.

here is a site that has some very good breeders The Real Canada Seeds check out Star Pupil by Massive Medical strains - this one is a winner !!!!!!!!! (D.C. Seeds is another)

can give you some more breeders/banks if you want ? running Star Pupil now - an exceptional plant - it's worth a grow just look at it's parents !!! ( if you are a VET - D.C. Seeds give you a 20% discount)

can give you some more breeders/banks if you want ? running Star Pupil now - an exceptional plant - it's worth a grow just look at it's parents !!! ( if you are a VET - D.C. Seeds give you a 20% discount)
I started this thread about my good experience with True North Seed Bank ... and how it gave me confidence as a first time buyer to purchase seeds that might get seized. Since then I have picked up tips on TNSB and Seedman ... learned about trust and reliability ... and learned to price compare.

So ...if you have a good/bad experience to share with other readers to help them decide about spending their money , or even tweak their interest on a new breeder or seedbank ... then great!

And maybe if business goes their way, then they'll want to become a sponsor here too and help us all out!

Back
Top Bottom