Trump Says States Should Decide Marijuana Legalization

Jacob Redmond

At a Thursday campaign rally, Trump revealed he favors letting states decide whether to legalize marijuana for recreational use. While taking questions at the Nugget Convention Center in Sparks, Nevada, Trump reaffirmed his strong support for medical marijuana. As far as legalizing pot in general, he said, "I really believe we should leave it up to the states." Nevada recently legalized medical marijuana and an initiative to regulate and tax the drug like alcohol will be on the state ballot next year. Colorado, which hosted the third Republican debate on Wednesday night, legalized recreational marijuana in 2014. On Thursday, Trump opined that Colorado's experiment with legal weed was "not going exactly trouble-free" and should be studied: New York Magazine

The Nevada crowd started lining up at sunrise to see Trump. He autographed copies of his book, "Crippled America," from supporters who passed them from the crowd to the stage. Once he took the stage, he hit all of his well known talking points, such as repeal and replace Obamacare. He said, "It's a disaster, you already know that. The premiums are up 35 to 45 to 55 percent and the deductibles, you know, you're not getting anything." He joked with the crowd at times saying, "Oh, you say the IRS and I say ISIS, maybe it's the same thing." He emphasized what some would say are his strengths, like his negotiating skills. He also spoke on a wide range of topics from immigration, the trade imbalance, Washington gridlock, the economy and foreign threats: KRNV-DT Reno

Trump's supporters cheered and chanted "U.S.A.," "We Want Trump," and "Build a Wall" — a reference to the candidate's promise to construct a wall along the Mexican border and deport 11 million illegal immigrants from the country — through his entire one-hour speech and a short session at the end when he answered questions. But Trump's stance on the economy seemed to resonate the most with those interviewed after the rally. Trump said he wanted to cut waste and abuse, lower taxes and remove regulations to create a friendlier business climate. "I will be the greatest jobs president — and I say it — that God ever created," he said. "We have 93 million people in our workforce. Many of them want to work and they can't get a job. It's like incredible because jobs are leaving:" Reno Journal Gazette

Trump told the group he was pleased with his lower-key performance during the third GOP debate in Boulder, Colorado, even if the "crooked people in the press" won't give him credit. "Last night, all of the polls – every single one of 'em – said I won," Trump bragged, referring to online questionnaires taken during and after the debate. The "polls" Trump referred to are not scientific surveys of a representative sample of Americans, but reader polls of a self-selected group of respondents who often have opinions very different from those of the general public. During Wednesay's debate, the billionaire businessman and real estate developer took a less dominating role, allowing rivals like Texas Sen. Ted Cruz and Florida Sen. Marco Rubio to take the spotlight: Las Vegas Sun

Trump said Thursday he thinks President Obama hates Israel. "I heard the beautiful name of Israel – Israel is safe with this one," Trump told supporters in Nevada. "Safe. Safe. So many friends in Israel. They don't know what happened. They have a president who – they actually think Obama hates Israel," he said. "I think he does." Trump slammed the recently brokered Iran nuclear deal as "so bad" for Israel and "so dangerous." "Honestly, I think Israel's in such a massive amount of trouble because of the agreement," he said. "We will save Israel. Nothing – nothing bad is [going to] happen to Israel:" The Washington Times

On Wednesday's Late Show, host Stephen Colbert called Trump out for comments he recently made during a town hall presented by NBC's Today show when the former Apprentice host told Matt Lauer his humble beginnings came from a $1 million loan from his father. When Lauer interjected with that amount of money being considered a fortune to most, Trump countered with it not being much compared to the wealth he had built. Enter Colbert. "Clearly, this is the inspiring story of a young man who made good," said Colbert. "The classic story of riches to richer." Holding an oversized check for $1 million on his late night desk, the former Comedy Central personality asked Trump for his autograph so the funds could go to Harlem Children's Zone, a non-profit working with poverty-stricken children and families. The memo line of the check reads: "No big deal." "Now Mr. Trump all you have to do is come here and sign it, proving that a million dollars really is a small amount of money," said Colbert: Hollywood Reporter

15670.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Trump Says States Should Decide Marijuana Legalization
Author: Sabrina Eaton
Photo Credit: Gage Skidmore / Huffington Post

He is actually saying it should be removed from the Controlled Substances List entirely and regulated at the state level like alcohol and tobacco.

Back
Top Bottom