Trying it out

eBUD

Okay for this grow i want to try some things that may seem unorthadox. I am going to use a HPS for Veg & Flowering. BUT durring Veg i will also accompany the HPS with CFL's due to my budget. Oh yeah and the nutes I will be using are nutes I can find @ Lows/Home Depot/Wall Mart. :smokin:

I Have growing the 4 bagseed babys on 6 43w CFL with 880 lumens a piece:thedoubletake:. First 14 days was on a 24-0 light and around 70 degrees. I then introduced the 150w HPS into the mix ad switch them to a 18-6 lighting cycle. The HPS is about 8-10" away and CFL's are @ most 4" away. I also have a 9" computer fan going off the same timer as the lights to cool and circulate air:grinjoint:

Now @ day 33 (nov 21) the plants have been transplanted earlier in the grow into 3 galon buckets with holes in the bottom to drain into the bucket beneath. Soil is a mix of FF soil, left over and was free from friend, and Wall Mart soil.

So far they look decent, stretched them a bit due to distance of CFL's when starting to sprout but seem to be putting on some stem thickness and foliage. :yummy:

I have been wattering every 4-6 days. I water with some Schultz drop nutes 10-15-10 diluted as directed. I follow up giving nutes a little after it soakes in i water a tiny bit in the dry areas.

I will update my Second Grow album photos on my profile so you can watch. Let me know what you think positive or negative:Rasta:

Stretching might have occurred while you were in the 1st 14 days at 24-0, photosynthesis needs to make happen and an 18-6 will do that and not stretch them so much>
Keep posting on your 2nd grow for us please

A Hui Hou

It did happen within the first 2 weeks. I am going to take some new photos

Okay have to wait on pics. My camera got messed up somehow. Plants looking decent, it got cold in the room that the "room" is in. lol Had a branch fall during the first ice of this winter and somehow hit the only freakin window. The heaters keeping up to 71 degrees but i need to upgrade. I think the cold night might have stunted growth. Thinking about starting a journal on it, then ill strive to perfect it as much as i can!

Okay camera is fixed! yay new pics coming tomorrow. lol Man what a hassle i hate windows in the grow room. Not in the space but in the room i put the room in. Make semse? lol :smokin:

WOOOOO! Pics on profile. Ill post some on here in a min. One of the lil ones fell over :( but thats okay 3 seems to be my number for my set up.

Plant 1
Plant1side.jpg

Plant 2, my favorite but having problems
Plant2side.jpg

Plant 3 is smaller but doing good
Plant3side.jpg

The runt, got knocked over somehow but still alive. Ill nurse it till it completely dies. Red arrow shows where its dammaged.
Runt1.jpg

The family. Hung up the cfls for the pic so ya could compare sizes... no pun intended
RoomShot2.jpg

Let me know what ya think. Im trying to figure out whats wrong with plant 2 and one. Maby a PH problem.

PS all the plants were stunted by some unexpected cold weather and I didnt bump the heater up in time. Got down to like 40* f in the room for 2 nights. YIKES! Going to pick up some Alaskan Fish Formula tomorrow. :smokin: yeah babe!

Okay so since im wondering what is the best lighting for my room i figure 2,000 lumens/ft2 would be good and affordable.
Im using 7 43w CFLs @ 880 lumens a piece.
1 150w HPS with 13,000-15,000 lumens.
This = 20,160 lumens with the HPS @ an average 14k lumens.
This set up in my room (4x2x6) a 8ft2 room equals 2,520 lumens/ft2. This is all while using 301w of power in veg and 451w for flowering.

I was aiming for this mark but im thinking of getting a second 150w HPS for my room will be cluttered with a 400w or 600w HPS ballast n reflector. That and im getting a small room together and I think a 400w would be nice but overkill for me right now.

Let me know if you think there is any room for improvments. IM thinking of getting of 2 4ft floro ballasts for the sides. Think its worth the lumes/$?

Could you get a picture up of your entire grow room? If you are talking about all around improvements i would set up the room right. Looks like you still got just carpet under those buckets, also do they have holes in them? You should be fine for lights for the time being, you might wanna think about getting another HID later before flowering.

I am, santa may be bringing me one. :p lol
Yeah its a closet grow. They are double bucketed and have lots of little holes in the bottom of the buckets for draining into the other buckets. I try to empty them as much as possible once or twice a week. I dont want to disturb the grow too much though.
Should i worrie about root rot still? How can I avoid this?
I will try to get a good pic of the closet. :rollit:

Oh i didnt notice the second bucket catching the drip water. If you have enough little holes and there is clear water coming into the drip pan after you water i would not stress about root rot. I would however seal off the room completely, set up vents and fans to prevent a gnat problem, i friggin HATE gnats, almost ruined my last grow. Best of luck man! Were all here to help ya!

Thanks Doc. Yeah its clean water coming out but the buckest almost sit tight together so im thinking of a lil sponge in the bottom so soak up standing water.
I despise thoes lil flying buggers.
I'll keep everyone posted!!! :smokin:

Okay just did some reseach on the CFLs im using, Online they said that the sylvabia bulb has 2200 lumens gor a 150w relacement bulb. Which im using but on the box its rated @ 880. wtf

Okay today is a shocking day.
Things are starting to unfold in a not so nice way concerning where im doing this grow, for i can not do it at my own house but my friends. We made a deal that i would buy nutes, tend to and grow them. The other person just has to help pay the power bill and give me a place, and a key which i already had.
He is not understanding they dont grow overnight. They are not in his way im literaly renting this closet and the room its in.
He has been messing with my set up and was why Runt got knocked over. He has been moving them around and has packed the other side of the closet with his things. This is also messing with the othey plant im getting ready to harvest from my first grow. That wasn't part of the deal.
So in a rush im going to start flowering early and try to keep them extra low and get decent buds to pay him off and move. Not worth the stress. Thinking about moving states so i can set up a greenhouse and grow medical.
Let me know what ya think, am i the ass or not? Hes getting free bud and get to learn how to grow, not saying im the best but im learning from you guys who know your stuff!!!!! Im dishing $60 average a week for the "added electric bill". Look at how many watts im using. Is this calculation right?

Okay, im off my soap box. Just got done freakin out...

Yeah we do. There was a bust this last fall that was estimated being worth like 4 million bucks u think. The crazy thing is it was outdoor and was no joke 25 miles from my doorstep. Over by a local park some ppl started a small grow that took off really well and they kept expanding. Ill look for the news art. and post it on here. It should rival the TN cave.
I know i talked with him today more about it and I asked what hes doing and whys the elec bill soaring. Its making me want to bail and start later on. Dont want to go down. Apparently the house heater, and old radiator style POS, has been on 24/7 ever since the first frost. They are arguing with me that its not the source. I found that link on herer that does the Watts, time, Kwatt/hr charge calulations. And took a pic of our set up and was like look!!!!!!!! Your fucking me and you know it. I don't have to pay but he wants to stop for the winter. Thats okay as long as i can veg till spring on some CFls to cut costs.
I WILL NOT KILL MY BABIES!
I feel like thay are my kids....... The kind of kid everyone wants

I am running 1000w in the most expensive state in the USA for electricity and it is
200/mth, 2 inline fans to boot, timers, etc... sometimes the children must go with one parent only, and looks like you better have either a long talk with your roomie, or?
How many watts are you burning up total? Just be lucky tou do have heating.

Back
Top Bottom