Trying something new but have questions

lenjr

Hi everyone and it is sure nice to be here. I have ordered some auto flowering from Nirvana (great company always have had good luck with there seeds).

Anyway I am using a "Earth Box" as a grow box, it comes with Dolomite in powder form and a bag of dry nutrients that is labeled "Natural Plant Food" that is 8-3-5. The box it self holds 1 cubic ft of grow med. and has a one gal water holder plus a plastic grid that is suppose to increase the (02 levels????).

I will be using coco noir as a growing medium with perlite and vermiculite. Should I mix the dolomite with the soil i am using or use the 3 step from General Hydos?? Also could i use the plant food that I said above what comes with the grow box and in doing that not use anything else till the flowering stages?

And when using said products from General Hydro do I mix them all together and feed all at once or do i use just the FloraGro And FloraMicro alone then switch to the FloraBloom in the flowering stages and forgo the first 2?

I have grown weed before but have had mixed results usually by my stupidity things go wrong tired of wasting good seed and seeing my beautiful girls die a HORRIBLE death!! (I cry when that happens!!)

Thanks for all your help and I look forward to enjoying all that here and learn as much as I can.

I thank god everyday for this wonderful plant has done wonders along with another wonderful plant Kratom.

LENJR

I would go easy on the nutes. It's too easy to burn them when they are young. Once a week, maybe, after they are about a month old, then watch the color of the leaves.

Best to use nutes that have trace minerals as well as NPK for veg and in early flower, then switch to a lower N "bloom" formula. You still need some N for bud growth, but not as much as in veg.

Read your labels and mix 1/4 strength.

Thank you for all your help it is much needed.

I have to ask this though did you mean using the General hydro nutes along with the dolomite and the natural plant food that came with it or should I use just the General Hydro nuints????

Once again thank you for all your help and I look forward to learning all I can about growing this wonderful plant.

I don't know anything about hydro nutes, since I grow in soil.

I was suggesting you read the labels, research the formulas for veg and bloom that cannibus needs, then mix what you need to get the main elements and the trace elements. Natural or chemical your choice, but many small growers like to go natural/organic.

Dolomite in addition to your nutes.
It's a source of Calcium and Magnesium, 2 commonly lacking nutrients in many feeding routines. Most feeding routines include a CalMag component. For GH, it's called CaliMagic. These are an easy way to address the issue.
Dolomite lime can be a bit tricky to dose and use. Honestly, I'd stay with the CalMag supplement from your nutrient vendor... it's easy and worry free.

The home-made version of CalMag is 1 or 2 tsp Epsom salts (Magnesium Sulfate) to a gallon of water and to sprinkle crushed/powdered eggshells on the soil for the calcium. If your well water is high in calcium, you can forgo the eggshells.

Just in case you cant find CalMag in your area.

Back
Top Bottom