trying something new to myself anyone tried it before?

SuperSize

I have a White Widow Cross Big Buds and a Bubblegummer, their mothers are both female seeds, they in a bucket each, both buckets are given 14liter 700ppm nutes in the second water change, 3 days in to 3rd week veg,
I am stripping all secondary branches but not the leaves, and have only main branches at the moment, until end of 3rd week, then just leave them for the week to do whatever they do, and flip the light to 12/12

here's something I experience the first time, I use advance nutrients as always, this week I change the solution, its was 700ppm fresh bucket, 2 days gone, it drop to 510ppm for WW x BB and 520ppm for Bubblegummer, with a liter water gone in both buckets, I usually only be on to 600ppm at the most of second water change, but they have ran out of nutes 3 days before the change and I topped up by 10ml of A - B and bud candy to have them go for another 3 days, as I change water once a week. I also notice by stripping the secondary branches the main branches seems to grow thicker faster and level out with the main top quicker

I am keeping my ph between 5.5 to 6 no lower or higher, and I no longer use the drippy thing to guess the ph so everything are now exact, maybe this is why I never seen my plants grow and eat so fast, the solution temp has kept at 67f to 69f air temp stable at 75f light on 66f light off huid at 50% 24/7, everything in control for the first time.

anyone tried stripping secondary branches during veg till end of 3rd week for a 4 weeks veg grow?

if this turns out better than my last grows which I tried various training in the past, I'm thinking if I veg it for 8 weeks I strip them till end of 6th weeks and see how that works out

also they have been preflowering since the middle of second week and its still preflowering on new nodes

forgot to mention, they are under 600w HPS with 6" cooltube and an aero 8 Cool Tube Reflector which giving them more than enough light covering 1m/2 from 30" away

I only strip leaves near the end of harvest to get a head start on trimming, unless u count when I talk cuttings just before I put them into flower. I use pinching for stalk bulking early on. It creates mass growth above the pinch. If done to high it can make it top heavy though. I find it reduces stress and in a way mimics it in the wild(animals chewing on the plant). Let us know how ur study turns out.

I've tried other training before, and lolippoing seems better for arranging the branches, I tho I would remove the nodes of secondary shoots while vegging since they will be removed anyway at later stage, I am also using lst as I remove secondary shoots, so far so good, this week I am not removing anything, just keep turking down fan leaves and let the tops build up, when I top up the buckets in 3 days I will mix the solution with bloom nute instead then 3 days after that I change the bucket out with just bloom nute in solution and flip the light the next day, there are already preflowering on every nodes, the white widow X big bud is taller and easy to manage and arrange spacing, the bubblegummer is very short and bushy even with no secondary shoots, still hard enough to spread them out, there be no stripping on the bubblegummer either, hope she stretch out enough when go in to 12/12 :)

Back
Top Bottom