Trying to decide on a 3rd light for my 4x8: advice welcome

Greenlizard

Hello folks,
So as the title implies I am looking into options for my 3rd light.
Right now I run a 4x8 tent with two 315 watt Ceramic Metal Halide fixtures. They perform great and I am very happy with them but just two of them is a bit of a stretch for a 4x8 in my opinion. It works, and with rotation of the plants I still get great development of my buds but I'm strongly considering adding another light.
So the question is...
Do I go with another 315 CMH and keep it simple? I know for a fact that would work real nice in a 4x8.
Do I go with a couple COBs (don't know a lot about them to be honest).
Do I go with a quantum board? Not sure if that would be in my budget to be honest...
Budget... well I can slap another 315 in there with a good bulb for $270 Canadian. So that's my perspective on budget. (willing to spend a little more if it's worth it). Keep in mind I don't need 1000 watts of light or anything crazy. It's just something as good or slightly better than my 315's that I'm looking for really.

Thanks for the tip but yes. I have checked out their site a few times now. I keep going back to them in thoughts of going quantum but the price keeps me looking back at another 315... They are a contender for sure.

I suggest throwing a high power LED probably a Quantum board around 360 to 600 range and have a mixture of LED and CMH is supposed to be a very Blended Spectrum with very good results with the CMH is having bar Reds and almost in the UV range and the LEDs are high in Target wavelength

Personally I'm in a 10 x 10 in run for hlg 600 V2 R specs and couldn't be happier for my flower room but then I also love my custom for hundreds that I built at 4000 Kelvin Double row Samsung strips with hlg 480 2100 a dot-dot. Lots of Blues since it's for veg only but you got some research to do to find out what's the best goal here

1000watt hps
Like a baosss

Thanks for the tip but yes. I have checked out their site a few times now. I keep going back to them in thoughts of going quantum but the price keeps me looking back at another 315... They are a contender for sure.

Thanks for considering us. Our red spec has been showing great results. When comparing to CMH, it's hard to compare on upfront costs alone.

The energy savings, heat differences, and ongoing costs need to also be considered. However, whatever option you go with, you will have awesome lighting.

If you decide to go with us, make sure to us the forum coupon for 10% off. Thanks again.

Thanks for considering us. Our red spec has been showing great results. When comparing to CMH, it's hard to compare on upfront costs alone.

The energy savings, heat differences, and ongoing costs need to also be considered. However, whatever option you go with, you will have awesome lighting.

If you decide to go with us, make sure to us the forum coupon for 10% off. Thanks again.

Thanks for the input. What lifespan would one expect from your fixtures?

Thanks for the input. What lifespan would one expect from your fixtures?

Not a problem at all. We currently warranty it for 3 years. We are also considering options for after warranty care so a customer doesn't have to invest in a completely new light if something happens after the warranty period ends at a loyalty discount price for components. Most (if not all) of our Meanwell drivers come with a 7 year factory warranty. The LED boards are also built to last. We do not run ours as hard as others to help extend the life of the boards.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Best,

Budget LED

Maybe you can try to check out the TSW 2000, it is around 300w, but with its high PPE around 2.3umol/j, it can actually replace at least 500w HPS, so plants under it will doing great job. :) What is more, it should fit your budget. Price is around 249.99USD only. :) We have a lot growers using it on this forum as well. :) Feel free to check out in my signature. :)

Back
Top Bottom