trying to design my room - sq ft ?'s

Hiya folks, I'm a newbie here and new to growing.

I just ordered 10 AK48 fems, so I am trying to get the grow room designed now.

1. I will use DWC. I have not absolutely decided on which pot type but I am leaning towards using 3.75" x 4 tubs or 3.75" x 6 tubs like those in Deep Water Culture Tutorial, SH Kit & DIY
*these kit tubs measure 20.5" (L) x 14.25" (W) x 12.5" (H)
* I could buy the 4 tub kit with double res as an option.

2. I will veg for 2-4 weeks (counting veg day after 1st true leaves show) depending on some outside factors and how it's going.

3. Bloom will go 7-9 weeks.

4. I want to pack these in as tight as I can do to space/amps/lights limitations yet I will still top/fim and want nice bush growth. But I do not wish to transplant.

5. I dont figure to go more than 600w MH-HPS on lighting, and may use CFL's instead.

Obviously #4 above is a loaded statement.

Question: Based on the experience of so many good folks here, what absolute minimum size grow room should I be looking at? *I was hoping 5' x 5' would be plenty for these 10 ak48's.

Thanks tons for your suggestions or thoughts.

25 square feet should be fine for 10 plants if you do not let them grow too large (and understand that you won't have as much room for training them outwards instead of upwards, so a light that has great penetration would be important).

But a 600-watt HPS is small for a space of that size. A 1kW might be enough.

Thanks for your reply TS. I'm getting somewhat conflicting views on this and some have stated 600w would be fine. I think I've decided to go with 8 fems 4 in each tote (I'm just waiting for delivery of the system now). They are AK48 femmed seeds.

Once I get the totes I'll build the room using pvc/poly/mylar for the appropriate size allowing some room for expansion in the future but that's not something I'm presently worried about.

My goal is 8 plants, about 21oz on the high end, 1 lb min. I hope I'm not being too optimistic for my 1st grow. But I am putting in the time studying, asking questions, learning. So hopefully this can be achieved.

Sounds like we both have the same plans Bassman. Not to be nosey but where did you get your seeds from? I've got my equipment ready I'm just waiting on a good place to get some good seeds.

Back
Top Bottom