Trying to figure out seeds for my outdoor grow in my state?

pointer80

Hello all, First I would like to thank everyone for all the help and to apologize if I am becoming a pain in the backside lol. As you probably have figured out by now I am new to cannabis growing, or at least being able to grow it where I can actually grow without hiding in the shadows. I am a long time organic gardener but I am a little intimidated with the fact of having to order seeds and the price. I just want to make sure I get the best seeds for my growing environment. I am in Central Michigan which is zone 5A. My first question is flowering period, Should I stick with 8 weeks or less? Also when they say the harvest month is that accurate for my area? Also some of the descriptions state that some strains do not do well in humid or rainy climates, Is my area in Michigan considered rainy or highly humid? I know it is humid here in Michigan but I don't know if it's considered high humidity compared to other states? I want to order my seeds within the next couple days so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Hello all, First I would like to thank everyone for all the help and to apologize if I am becoming a pain in the backside lol. As you probably have figured out by now I am new to cannabis growing, or at least being able to grow it where I can actually grow without hiding in the shadows. I am a long time organic gardener but I am a little intimidated with the fact of having to order seeds and the price. I just want to make sure I get the best seeds for my growing environment. I am in Central Michigan which is zone 5A. My first question is flowering period, Should I stick with 8 weeks or less? Also when they say the harvest month is that accurate for my area? Also some of the descriptions state that some strains do not do well in humid or rainy climates, Is my area in Michigan considered rainy or highly humid? I know it is humid here in Michigan but I don't know if it's considered high humidity compared to other states? I want to order my seeds within the next couple days so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.
I might get a rollicking for this........bump

Yup you'll want to keep the flowering times short. And humidity resistance is a big one with the cold wet fall weather. I don't bother with outdoor, the weather sucks for it here compared to places like So Cal, we just don't get a ton of sun exposure. People do it all the time I'm just not one of them.
You could consider auto flowering strains they finish quickly. Some of the folks here have grown monster autos. It would let you try some of the more sativa hybrid strains. With photo plants you'll be limited to the Indica heavy side.

White widow is a good one as @Bilbobudkin420 mentioned

Hello, So what is a good Sativa strain to grow outdoors in the Great Northwet (West)? i grow in a open end greenhouse..I tried Thai but it didn't finish till the end of November ! i had taken down the plastic and just let it go ..Came out ok.. But... what is a good sativa for the northwest? Thank you

Hello, So what is a good Sativa strain to grow outdoors in the Great Northwet (West)? i grow in a open end greenhouse..I tried Thai but it didn't finish till the end of November ! i had taken down the plastic and just let it go ..Came out ok.. But... what is a good sativa for the northwest? Thank you
Maybe some kinda kush hybrid would be the most sativa id dare to go that far north tbh cuz.

Northern Soul from @SeedsMan...saw some great results from a very challenging fall last year. I am similar lat and I am excited to try out both Northern Soul as well as some new brand from Mandela Genetics in PNW...bred for our specific type latitudes.

Cool,I like to make green butter for the long funky winters we have.That Thai i grew was great for motivation,but it was dumb luck they even finished...Yea ,the wind started to pick up so I pulled down the plastic and let them go..we had no frost ,but i thought the rain would kill them or mold would set in ...It worked (insert big thumbs up and smile )

Northern Soul from @SeedsMan...saw some great results from a very challenging fall last year. I am similar lat and I am excited to try out both Northern Soul as well as some new brand from Mandela Genetics in PNW...bred for our specific type latitudes.

Sounds good,I might get some 8 miles high as well....But where is a good "store" to buy some..i went through a couple only to find out its cash only ? I used herbies for years till they there billing got complicated

One thing to mention on early flowering strains. Just because they flower fast does not mean they work outdoors. They base flower time on when they start flowering. Some strains are indoor only and won't start flowering tell there is 12 hours of darkness.
Lots of strains can go both ways but not all. Try and make sure they are a good outdoor strain.

Well....I got my seeds ordered.Eight miles high and some Michoacan Cream... we'll see ..We smoked "Mesh Ma Com" as we called it back in the late 60's....Strong weed for the day .... Time will tell. Hope they do good .. Its warming up around here..flowers coming up and the chickens have even started to lay all ready... Thats a good sign...Happy Trails

Back
Top Bottom