Trying to figure out what possible strains this is

USMC0420grow

I was given about 3 dozen seed from a friend he doesn't have the time or patients for growing I do.
1st time grower here. I built a 3ft by 3ft veg box. I'm in week 4 I am trying to see what strains I might have. Any guesses? Or is it too early?
IMG_034916.JPG
IMG_035323.JPG
IMG_031520.JPG

You may be able to get an estimate on indica/sativa but it's almost impossible to tell strains by sight even by professionals. That's why seeds are expensive you're paying for garunteed genetics. Seedlings look stretchy did you burry them deeper when transplanted? You can go up to the first node almost and the part under the soil will shifts its energy to root production.

Welcome BTW!

thanks transplanted to 1/2 inch below the 1st node 2 of them look droopy as all get out. but they are the maturest as far as growth a little top heavy... I used a root growth mixture after transplant. i'll see how they are doing in the morning.

You transplanted really early but it looks like it was needed. This usually shocks the plant quite a bit so give a day or 2 and let it recover. Careful with adding any nutes at this point , with rooting growth ferts a little goes a long way.

update on my transplant 4 of the 6 so far took to the transplant well the 2 larger ones took the biggest shock one of the stems were bent but shows improvement we'll see what the next 24 hrs has 2 show. the other i fear may be a lost one.

Hi there... Leaves look long would suggest sativa dominant strain but those first leave can be very deceiving
How about a few more details
Lighting?
Lighting schedule
Any info about your grow u may no.
That way it can be turned into a proper journal.
Much help is waiting here at 420 :)
Welcome to the comunity

i'm adding more lighting today. my new box is insulated with a siding material called fan fold basicly plastic styrofoam and aluminum. 5/8 osb sheeting and roofing felt paper. it's heated with a space heater at 80 degrees farenheit. soil is a mixture of potting soil. f;orecent light in there right now

i'll be taking pics in the am also taking pics of my veg box i'm proud of it. building and airflow and purification pump tomorrow... i'm an engineer by profession.

i'll be taking pics in the am also taking pics of my veg box i'm proud of it. building and airflow and purification pump tomorrow... i'm an engineer by profession.

Sounds cool... don't forget the plants though :cheesygrinsmiley:

ok here are some pics
IMG_039120.JPG

this is the recovering one. leaves are greener then yesterday and it's standing up more this morning
IMG_039324.JPG
IMG_039221.JPG
IMG_039024.JPG
IMG_038920.JPG

here are a few of the veg box
IMG_039617.JPG
IMG_039523.JPG
IMG_039421.JPG
IMG_038620.JPG
this little one isn't recovering well it might have been too hot for it. but on the other hand it is getting it's color back. i may have over watered this one, doubtful though. i spray the leaves and pour only a little water at base of stem. Question distilled or tap water. my tap has chlorine is added.

Are you jogging by your plants while you snap pics? :)

Telling strains is virtually impossible as suggested earlier. It looks like you are off to a good start, just dont love them to death. :) I also second what Rico says regarding rainwater. :thumb:

what if the area you live in has acid rain like here. in mansfield we have a high concentrate of acid rain due to factories and and such. my light is a 120 watt GE flood light producing 3000 ilumens... i figure the lights we use to grow it isn't all about wattage it the ilumens that we nee to concentrate on to falsify photosynthesis... these lights are used in cop cars on thier spot lights. I need to bust out my nikon camera but need to buy a separate memory sd stick. I take pictures of my construction sites with it. I've been using my iphone i'll get you all better pics. does pvc or cpvs cause any issues chemically with growing

Back
Top Bottom