Trying to learn

Wantthegoodstuff

Hello everyone. So new to the group. Been growing for about a year now. I decided to do it for the challenge at first but now I have started getting with my friends and smoking what I grow. It's not anything special, we smoke a lot so I want to be able to blow them away with my grows. So my question is what can I do to get huge yields indoors and get some nice sticky dense potent buds. I am open to learning anything I can. Attached below is what I have going right now. It's a 3 week old big bud x white widow.

Attachments

• received_2275463079365643.jpeg
    received_2275463079365643.jpeg
    423.2 KB · Views: 54
Honestly it's pretty easy

Start with great genetics
Lots of great light
Coco or DWC for large yields, great home made soil for natural girls
Great balance of nutes, Cannabis nutes not veggy nutes
Lots of love and encouragement for yer babies

And

Read
Read
Read

Then read some more

Easy peasy

Hello everyone. So new to the group. Been growing for about a year now. I decided to do it for the challenge at first but now I have started getting with my friends and smoking what I grow. It's not anything special, we smoke a lot so I want to be able to blow them away with my grows. So my question is what can I do to get huge yields indoors and get some nice sticky dense potent buds. I am open to learning anything I can. Attached below is what I have going right now. It's a 3 week old big bud x white widow.

I’d repot it into a 5 gallon cloth pot.

Coco coir is a medium of shredded coconut shells and is a form of hydroponics growing and dwc means deep water culture , this is another form of hydroponics there is no soil in either of the these grows , the coco holds the plant up right and holds water and nutes, a DWC system, the water & nutes are splashed on the roots from a air pump inside a bucket and a basket holds the plant, and the roots grow down in to the nute solution.

Coco coir is a medium of shredded coconut shells and is a form of hydroponics growing and dwc means deep water culture , this is another form of hydroponics there is no soil in either of the these grows , the coco holds the plant up right and holds water and nutes, a DWC system, the water & nutes are splashed on the roots from a air pump inside a bucket and a basket holds the plant, and the roots grow down in to the nute solution.

Ok thanks. I never thought there was anything besides soil or hydroponics and I have heard hydro is hard to do and can be pricey.

yes very true but it tastes and yields quicker and some say better , Coco is my thing it's the best of both worlds I think .5 week old, cks crown royal fem

That's pretty. I'll look into it later tonight. I also need to figure out cloning. That would save time too. What nutrients do you use? Do you grow from seed? What's your turn around time?

I have grown from clone and seed but I prefer seed as I want to learn about may different types of plants Reg , autoflower ,and breeds , indoor and outdoor , 50 % of the fun is growing, the other 50% is smoking your hard work .but clones are a lot faster and you already know what sex they are for sure and a better idea of what the plants really like and need .

I have grown from clone and seed but I prefer seed as I want to learn about may different types of plants Reg , autoflower ,and breeds , indoor and outdoor , 50 % of the fun is growing, the other 50% is smoking your hard work .but clones are a lot faster and you already know what sex they are for sure and a better idea of what the plants really like and need .

What do you use for nutrients?

So this gets sort of Ford Chevy debate. It is up to you to do what you want and get good at it.

There are many ways to grow. I like all that was thrown at you. I think you maybe too scared of some things. But here is my 2 cents.

Quality which is what you are asking about #1 is up to the user. Many snobby smokers look down on poorly trimmed weed no matter what. Some people only care about %THC period. You should consider how you want to achieve what you seem high quality.

Quality is in general the result of a few things. High quality takes tricks and experience. You will get there. You cant learn it all now. It is easy but takes really 4 to 6 grows to understand half of it. Durring those first few grows the easier you make it on yourself the more satisfying the path to knowledge is. Or you can go straight into the hardest possible thing and do great still because growing weed is easy...but honestly there ARE a lot of tricks to learn.

So also the equipment costs are very simple for soil. And outside of cloth pots and some soil the rest of the costs are reusable in hydro. So you can break up you equipment investment into 2 stages if you start in soil and gradually work towards hydro.

So all that said.

Hydro has been played with for decades and there are many types. The cannabis community has sort of settled on for small grows like 40 plants or less DWC is the way to go. It is very simple and where I started in hydro. If you want to do Hydro look into DWC. However the nutrient costs when managed poorly are higher in DWC over others. Some people actually dump their entire hydro system weekly. Insane but true. Ussually just newbs that are learning. But those costs are real until you realize how to grow.

If you want to do soil that is a complicated topic honestly because there are so many ways to it. There are basically 3 ways. There is doing it organically where the soil is like in nature and everything is working naturally. The pros in soil do that. There are a lot of soil mixes people do which are almost a compost and sort of work but still need some help. People typically do that while transitioning to organic. Then there is typically "dead" (low or no microbial life) feed me soil. This is what newbs do by getting some bag and some fertilizer and try to follow instructions on the fertilizer box.

Coco is the rage as it is a completely dead empty medium like hydro but is a solid medium that soaks up fertilizer that the roots grow in. So you can manage like hydro but not deal with the leg work of hydro. Hydro takes a ton more physical labor without spending a bunch of money. Coco is sort of like soil and easier on the back but controlled like hydro. So you can get great hydro results.

But coco obviously needs you to know more than soil. And being able to spot defficiancy or abundance early makes that method successful. That may take some experience.

I typical recommended spending half the money and make a super soil you can reuse for you first few grows ... then transition to DWC when you feel confident you know how to recover plants from real problems.

In the end however...people choose to do methods for individual reasons. I find hydro sort of boring while others find soil very boring.

I still do both just depends on lots of factors what one I do today.

I don't do Coco as it goes against my religion. I dont care about 10% more yield. I like to do things my way. I know what I do wrong and I know what I don't want to waste my time with.

I could grow better but I don't need to.

And the quality these days matters. It isn't like back in the day.

So until you are confident in your abilities I recommend keeping it easy for better quality. Yield actually is irrelevant.

If you focus on quality and do a good job you get monster yields.

Maybe that was a nickel.

So this gets sort of Ford Chevy debate. It is up to you to do what you want and get good at it.

There are many ways to grow. I like all that was thrown at you. I think you maybe too scared of some things. But here is my 2 cents.

Quality which is what you are asking about #1 is up to the user. Many snobby smokers look down on poorly trimmed weed no matter what. Some people only care about %THC period. You should consider how you want to achieve what you seem high quality.

Quality is in general the result of a few things. High quality takes tricks and experience. You will get there. You cant learn it all now. It is easy but takes really 4 to 6 grows to understand half of it. Durring those first few grows the easier you make it on yourself the more satisfying the path to knowledge is. Or you can go straight into the hardest possible thing and do great still because growing weed is easy...but honestly there ARE a lot of tricks to learn.

So also the equipment costs are very simple for soil. And outside of cloth pots and some soil the rest of the costs are reusable in hydro. So you can break up you equipment investment into 2 stages if you start in soil and gradually work towards hydro.

So all that said.

Hydro has been played with for decades and there are many types. The cannabis community has sort of settled on for small grows like 40 plants or less DWC is the way to go. It is very simple and where I started in hydro. If you want to do Hydro look into DWC. However the nutrient costs when managed poorly are higher in DWC over others. Some people actually dump their entire hydro system weekly. Insane but true. Ussually just newbs that are learning. But those costs are real until you realize how to grow.

If you want to do soil that is a complicated topic honestly because there are so many ways to it. There are basically 3 ways. There is doing it organically where the soil is like in nature and everything is working naturally. The pros in soil do that. There are a lot of soil mixes people do which are almost a compost and sort of work but still need some help. People typically do that while transitioning to organic. Then there is typically "dead" (low or no microbial life) feed me soil. This is what newbs do by getting some bag and some fertilizer and try to follow instructions on the fertilizer box.

Coco is the rage as it is a completely dead empty medium like hydro but is a solid medium that soaks up fertilizer that the roots grow in. So you can manage like hydro but not deal with the leg work of hydro. Hydro takes a ton more physical labor without spending a bunch of money. Coco is sort of like soil and easier on the back but controlled like hydro. So you can get great hydro results.

But coco obviously needs you to know more than soil. And being able to spot defficiancy or abundance early makes that method successful. That may take some experience.

I typical recommended spending half the money and make a super soil you can reuse for you first few grows ... then transition to DWC when you feel confident you know how to recover plants from real problems.

In the end however...people choose to do methods for individual reasons. I find hydro sort of boring while others find soil very boring.

I don't do Coco as it goes against my religion. I dont care about 10% more yield. I like to do things my way. I know what I do wrong and I know what I don't want to waste my time with.

So until you are confident in your abilities I recommend keeping it easy for better quality. Yield actually is irrelevant.

Maybe that was a nickel.
Well said, I'm kinda set in my ways also but always checking out how others do things that I might try out.

I would add...I have sort of an outdoor mentality still indoor which is wrong but hey...I am an indiot. I prefer to have a large space that I over produce in and dont care about 15% extra yield. I only really do personal these days and use a 5x5.

If you can't overproduce for you and your wife in 3 grows a year in a 5x5, start a journal and let's chat.

Reguardless... if you want to grow big...just grow as big as your space and focus on doing it actually thin and correct without mold at first.

The real way to max yields requires tricks for keeping moisture down because you end up with too tight of flowers.

Don't start there. Don't focus on yield yet.

So all that said.

Maybe that was a nickel.

Thanks for the input. Yeah honestly not so much scared as I am just overwhelmed. I want to be able to grow better. I guess I am a little scared and that's just because I am afraid of doing a new method and failing so bad that I lose the whole grow. The more I read from everyone the more I am learning.

There is enough support here that if you want to start in flood and drain organic hydro auto feed from a vortex brewer...we can show you.

Enjoy life and jump right in. The more complicated stuff is more spendy up front but done right it all pays back.

I am a miser and do it all on the cheap because I want to and that's all there is to it.

Make a journal when you are getting really started. Even building stage of the system. People will help if you ask here and say "go look at my journal...did I do this right? "

Then it will all work.

There is enough support here that if you want to start in flood and drain organic hydro auto feed from a vortex brewer...we can show you.

Enjoy life and jump right in. The more complicated stuff is more spendy up front but done right it all pays back.

I am a miser and do it all on the cheap because I want to and that's all there is to it.

Make a journal when you are getting really started. Even building stage of the system. People will help if you ask here and say "go look at my journal...did I do this right? "

Then it will all work.

See you lost me completely on that first part. I really don't know what to do or where to start. I have only ever done soil.

How much soil growing have you done?

Would you like to change methods?

Do you have a preference?

3 basic type hydro, coco, soil.

Each has easy way to grow and complicated techniques for high quality.

If you are ready for hydro start in DWC. It is super simple.

If you want to try advanced soil techniques my journal linked in my sig is a how to DIY to get started. You start with a basic super soil and recycle it until you have true ROLS and then just add water.

In all cases I recommend making your own nutes. This summer plan to get the equipment to show a similar DWC organic journal.

The first 2 links in my sig explain how to make your own liquid compost to feed your plants whatever balance of nutrients you want.

I try to steer newbs to starting in a super soil and recycling into a compost bin and after you know how to get decent quality jump into DWC. Hydro and coco you want to be able to look at the plant and spot problems.

You may be ready?

How much soil growing have you done?

Would you like to change methods?

Do you have a preference?

3 basic type hydro, coco, soil.

Each has easy way to grow and complicated techniques for high quality.

If you are ready for hydro start in DWC. It is super simple.

If you want to try advanced soil techniques my journal linked in my sig is a how to DIY to get started. You start with a basic super soil and recycle it until you have true ROLS and then just add water.

In all cases I recommend making your own nutes. This summer plan to get the equipment to show a similar DWC organic journal.

The first 2 links in my sig explain how to make your own liquid compost to feed your plants whatever balance of nutrients you want.

I try to steer newbs to starting in a super soil and recycling into a compost bin and after you know how to get decent quality jump into DWC. Hydro and coco you want to be able to look at the plant and spot problems.

You may be ready?

I have done soil growing for a year. I am always willing to try new things. I want to learn as much as I can. I don't have a preference, I want to try and get bigger and better grows.

So are you ready to upgrade your space or just trying to optimize in a budget where you are at?

Jumping the gun...likely you want more weight in the same space.

But again that isn't really "quality" but weight comes with quality...generally.

So I can't choose for you. True quality is done in any medium. The advanced methods strictly increase yield a bit.

Below I will post a chart for you environment you want to follow.

To get rid of airy buds you want cool temps and big light.

To get high resin you want a good feed structure and good uptake.

None of that has to do with the medium only the techniques to do so in the medium differs. Like how you get big roots may vary. How you increase uptake may be a bit different.

Then there are multiple stress techniques many over do and most under do. That doesn't matter the medium again outside of some technical aspects.

What you get out of hydro is a few days sooner into bloom and a bit bigger flowers but nothing that is more startling than doing soil correctly.

Hydro you really should check up what is going on every 3 or 4 days. In soil you can weeks if you water automatically. Outside of grooming and training. Outside has been dialed for this. The techniques work indoor.

Back
Top Bottom