Trying to salvage harvest from mold, but need advice(with pics)(first grow)

dogno

hello everyone, a few days ago i saw all the hairs on the buds turning red (not orange-red, like blood-red)
my plant has some brown mold that im trying to fight off, its outdoors.
what does red hairs mean? is it mold itself? (though i doubt it, cause only the hairs are red the buds are fine , if they dont have the brown mold obviously).
or maybe its just the plant suffering? idk...
one small stem died cos of mold (tho fortunately i didnt lose much harvest from that)
i took it home and tried to see if i could salvage anything from it, plant obviously isnt flushed but im actually just preparing for when i harvest for real, kinda practicing i guess lol.
the hairs are kinda brown, but it doesnt look like amber or orange color, so i dont know if they are actually safe to use or not (tho i most likely won't, but as i said im pretending to)

need some advice here =\

pictures(some blurry close ups and some far away, sorry for the low quality but its what i have):
red hairs:
P121013_11_11_02_-_Copia.jpg
P121013_11_16.jpg
P121013_11_17_03_-_Copia.jpg

P121013_11_26_03_.jpg

P121013_11_27.jpg

brown mold(just so you see how it actually looks like):

P121013_11_22_-_Copia.jpg

harvested buds (from dead stem) with brown-ish hairs, i took the mold away obviously but i dont know if the hairs themselves are contaminated or thats their color:
P161013_22_18_01_.jpg
P161013_22_18_03_.jpg
P161013_22_19_02_.jpg

Hey man, red hairs are not a worry at all it's just a signal that your plant is pretty much ready to be cut down and harvested. She is nearing the end of her cycle for flowering, as for the mold it would be pretty visible on the plant.

Your plan of action should be to remove all mold immediately upon discovery to prevent spreading and chop the rest of your plant. Make sure your buds are in a room with good air flow to prevent any more mold.

That would be my plan of action, the pictures are pretty blurry to determine how much is mold but the red "hairs" are not an issue at all. Every strain is different.

Hey man, red hairs are not a worry at all it's just a signal that your plant is pretty much ready to be cut down and harvested.
but she doesnt look ready to be harvested, the buds are still small and the flowering time hasnt ended(its supposed to be 60-65 days, around 40 have passed), and the red hairs died off, are you sure you arent confusing them with the orange hairs you get on buds that are ready? its a very intense red... and hairs arent supposed to die right? cause they are, they just become red and die off, sometimes i see buds with no hairs at all

brown mold(just so you see how it actually looks like):

P121013_11_22_-_Copia.jpg

harvested buds (from dead stem) with brown-ish hairs, i took the mold away obviously but i dont know if the hairs themselves are contaminated or thats their color:

Might be a sign of bud rot !

Which is normally due to high humidity, got any ideas what your out door humidity is during the day time ?

humidity is high yes, i cant do much about it, im fighting the mold out decently, i just need to know what red hairs are, if they're safe for use; and what they mean for the plant. and i also need to know if the brown hairs after harvest are safe to use.
thats essentially what i need to know, mold is there im fighting it not much else to be said/done =\.

yea obviously, but as i said a stem has died and almost nothing on it was moldy, but brown hairs look so similar to mold its hard to see the difference

If the bud came from the infected stem it would suggest it has suffered the same fate !

Smoke it at your own risk...

Red hairs are typical for pure sativas and sativa dominant strains, so are the small, airy buds!
From these pics I cannot see if there's mold or not - it's grey though normally, not orange!
Hope that helps :)

Red hairs are typical for pure sativas and sativa dominant strains, so are the small, airy buds!
From these pics I cannot see if there's mold or not - it's grey though normally, not orange!
Hope that helps :)
yea, the problem is that my hairs are brown-ish so they look awfully familiar to mold(the dead stem i harvested)

Smell them, that's the ultimate test. If they caught mold they will also be spongy/slimy.

Back
Top Bottom