Tuesday's Horror Stories - Main Stem Snapped - 104W CFL Soil Autos

Ya kinda. :)

Old School growers used to go off the Pistol being "withered" aka browned and shrinking. That's a good sign you are in the "harvest window". They would also squeeze the buds to feel the density.

Today we check trichomes to give us a more refined "harvest the effect you want" philosophy. But you will still have a decent 2-4 week window where thc is at its peak.
The issue is weight. Some strains put on most of the weight in the last two weeks, so chopping early can give you good bud but alot less of it. Like 20% less in some cases.

So here is the best advice I can give you-- When you think its ready, buy an 1/8th of some really good smoke, then don't touch your girl for another week. :)
The smoke will keep you from the early harvest out of med's excuse. :high-five: :biglaugh:

LOL :cheesygrinsmiley:

And also will make me stop taking popcorn buds to 'taste' - I'll start taking not so popcorn like buds in no time :Rasta:

DAY 81 - HARVEST DAY!:rip:

So I just finished cutting down the plant, separating the branches and hanging them to dry.

I'll be cutting some fan leaves in the next days while it's drying.

After 72 hours hanging in the closet I will trim and separate the buds and place them in a paper bag or wooden box for another 2 days before going into the jars.

Does this procedure sound right? LMK ;)

DSCN54442.JPG
DSCN54452.JPG

So excited! wooooooo :yahoo:

Cheers!

yeh good 1st grow, it dosnt effect anything badly if you cut the whole plant or seperate branches, i do seperate branches, for 2 reasons.. 1- they dry quicker and 2- if the top part of the plant is ready then id take the buds off the top and leave the lower ones for another week or so :)
and yeh get a led light, or a stronger light, and maybe 20 liter pots, then youll notice the difference on your second grow :)

nice work ! reps +

yeh good 1st grow, it dosnt effect anything badly if you cut the whole plant or seperate branches, i do seperate branches, for 2 reasons.. 1- they dry quicker and 2- if the top part of the plant is ready then id take the buds off the top and leave the lower ones for another week or so :)
and yeh get a led light, or a stronger light, and maybe 20 liter pots, then youll notice the difference on your second grow :)

nice work ! reps +

Yeah I definitely will! This time I had some seeds from a trip to Europe I did a year ago, and couldn't wait to have a proper set up to plant them. It was really improvised but a lot of fun! It was the therapy I needed, seeing them grow, taking care of them, etc. Now to enjoy the smoke!
Hopefully I can have a second grow soon. I'd need some nice seeds, but it's not that easy to get them in my country. One of our neighbours is the first country to fully legalize it, so maybe that would help spread the bean!

Peace!
:peace:

so what country are you in? borderin urugauy?!

Hello boys and girls!
New Update here, this time entering Curing Phase

So after cutting them down I left those branches hanging for a couple of days in the closet, I then trimmed and put them in a cardboard box (like the ones that come with your new shoes) I left them there in a cool place for another 5 or 6 days. Today would be day 89 for the girls.

Separating buds from branches: The buds snapped easily from the main stems, but I used scissors anyways to avoid touching them too much. I then placed the buds into the jars.

Healthy girl Main stem
2014-08-12_10_14_21_HDR.jpg

Injured girl Main stem
2014-08-12_10_17_40_HDR.jpg

2014-08-12_10_18_09_HDR.jpg

Healthy Girl = Left Jar / Injured Girl = Right Jar

2014-08-12_10_21_50_HDR.jpg
2014-08-12_10_22_05_HDR.jpg

Yield is not amazingly awesome in Quantity, but, for my first grow ever I'm really happy. Be able to smoke my own medicine feels quite special.

About Quality I can say it has a great aroma (citric - lemon scent), tastes really smooth, and the effects are kind of weird. I get a head, proactive type of high, for the first hour. Then I start feeling really relaxed and I get a body stoned, couch-lock like type of high.

All this without curing yet. Could the type of high change after curing? Or curing will just improve aroma and taste more than anything?

I'll try touch them as less as possible. And let them cure for some time before start smoking them again.
Let's see how the smoke changes with the curing process.
Hope you'd be able to be here to taste them :passitleft: but oh well ;)

Saludos!
:peace:

:bravo:!!

well done man, that wernt bad at all :) yeh leave the to cure for atleast a week, and like tenshi said, give the fresh air for an hour once daily, well worth it, for you first tie its important to be a "cure" to get in the habit of doing it for the future, so any people dont do this and its a shame :) nice drying too! reps from me :)

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom