Tunkers Trifling - LPA - DWC - LED - KFC

Tunkers

I did not intend to grow a sativa strain but when beggars can't be choosers, I will do what I can to grow inside my weed fridge / grow closet or as I have named it "The Widget"

When I say fridge, if you haven't stumbled across my previous grow attempts, I mean functioning fridge that runs on a thermostat. Cheap way to beat the shitty Australian summer heat without running ac all day / night.

Once dialled in, I achieve perfect temps (it's set to 22C) and 40-80% Humidity (depending on whether I fix towels to the fridge drip tray or not)

I run 2 fermenting co2 generators which produce up to 1200ppm. Other then the co2 and the air from an air stone in my reservoir, the fridge is completely sealed.

I've started a few runs with it. None finished yet. First when I was still tuning the grow environment and had heat problems, ( my fragile clone was not impressed) which led me to gambling on seeds. After a couple of males and starting on more sketchy bag seed, my amazing bro in law got me a cutting from his old man's bush sativa. Hallelujah!

So today is day 1 of my new journal. I will add photos after I have it all setup today or you can have a look at my previous threads. I will also be documenting my attempt at a compost tea and continuing to germinate my old man's ancient bag seeds.

I haven't thought about doing any plant training besides topping and haven't read too much on it so I would love help when it comes time to start minimising the size.

Will have more tonight.

re: Aero & DWC Fridge Grow - Sativa Clone - Will Need Help With Keeping Her Small

IMG_3958-2.jpg

Bro in law txt me this tease. Can't wait to go get her. Love at first sight haha

Also, I finally got my hands on some Z7 that i hear so many people swear by. Was costly, being that only place in Australia I could find it was eBay from a USA seller, so fingers crossed it is as good as everyone claims! I'm also running GT Optimum and have been adding a small dose of H&G Drip Clean (only thing hydro shop here could offer me that seemed similar to Z7) I was also putting a bit of Hydrogen Peroxide in to kill bacteria. Won't need it now I have Z7. And if I do some compost tea this run, I might get some bennis living it up in there.

IMG_20170202_141623.jpg

re: Aero & DWC Fridge Grow - Sativa Clone - Will Need Help With Keeping Her Small

Im growing 4 jack herer sativa dominant plants. I FIM'd my plants at the 5th node (from seed). Let them grow out a week them FIM'd the new growth. Started to LST and takes the plants down. Get a net and train what will be the colas to go outwards and flat. I did it them took out my net.
6b9f54860cd0ea35d01ac438186bb934.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using 420

I rushed it since it was my first time. I've ran into 3 problems:
1. Lack of patience. Let the plant grow.

2. If you try and smoke an immature plant you are smoking away yield and potential quality.

3. If you arent sure if you gave too much water you probably did.

I rushed it since it was my first time. I've ran into 3 problems:
1. Lack of patience. Let the plant grow.

2. If you try and smoke an immature plant you are smoking away yield and potential quality.

3. If you arent sure if you gave too much water you probably did.

That really didn't answer my questions at all but thanks for the info

Sent from my Pixel using 420 Magazine Mobile App

And they're in flower now? How many weeks veg?

Sent from my Pixel using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Based on photos my seeds popped Dec 6. They started 12/12
12/29

IMG_20170204_165912.jpg

Here's her new home!

IMG_20170204_171147.jpg

I only took a few photos. I was a little rushed and tbh it was hot as fuck in the grow room so I didn't muck about. Next visit I will pull apart the bucket and show whats under the hood.

I mixed a 1/4 batch of nutes: 4ml of A & B in 8L water. PPM was 200ish. Added 1ml of A & B Z7 / 1ml H&G drip clean beforehand also. pH was up around 7 so pH downed that sucker to a nice 5.7

I gave her a light spray and same to the inside walls of the fridge and a couple of towels hanging from the drip tray. Humidity was reading 60% before I left, and should increase with the door closed and no more dry hot air entering.

My 5500K 105W CFL is about 30-40cm above for the moment and my timer is on 16-8 to start until I see some nice root growth. I won't want too much dark once she starts to stretch if I am going to keep her in such a small space...

I left the thermostat set at 25C as I hear clones like it a lil hotter. Found a bowl we usually eat popcorn out of as a humidity dome, seemed it was made to fit the lid. Is the plastic see thru enough for the light? I don't really know too much about the science of light.

IMG_20170204_165923.jpg

Lastly, here are my 2 CO2 generators. They're living in my Vidget (Veg Widget) for the time being, until I pull a cutting from this girl to become a mother. Once the exhaust venting is open, the main "flowering" Widget circulates enough cool air to control the temps in both. All the air line tubing in the first shots are the CO2 lines. It's only on around 300 PPM in there atm. The batch of sugar I last fermented is finished. I shook the shit out of them when I went around there and the PPM was reading 3500ish and after opening the door and playing around for a while it was back down to 400. Would be good to somehow make an aggetator that would continue to stir up the mix. Anyone got ideas?

IMG_20170204_170616.jpg

IMG_20170205_141129.jpg

Day 2 for my sassy little sativa. Leaves are still raised and looking good. I plugged my pump into a timer. It's 15 on / 1hr off. Was on constant spray yesterday. I'll monitor the feed but as long as the stem is moist roots will grow yeah?

IMG_20170205_141118.jpg

Now onto whats in the bucket. Just a small fountain pump with a hose spray attached. Air stone to keep shit bubbling.

IMG_20170205_141033.jpg
IMG_20170205_141025.jpg

Didn't notice I allowed the sprinkler to wet my CO2 monitor. Glad that didn't fucking break. Wife would have killed me.
Also, I checked pH and it had shot up to 6.7 which worries me slightly. I dropped it back to 5.3 by accident, but it will creep back up again most probably. If it does it again too quickly I'll flush my res and scrub the shit out of everything again.

I also found a little baggy with the number 93 written on it. I think someone I used to work with gave it to me from some good weed they smoked in 93 lol so I dropped all 7 into a glass for shits and giggles and I'll see what it comes up with.

IMG_20170205_093046.jpg

Day 3
It's now time for Cooking with Tunks! Todays menu is fermented sugar. This is my easy peasy recipeeee.

Ingredients
4L luke warm water
1kg white sugar
1 Cup plain flour
1 Tablespoon yeast.

Method
1. Add water. I boil a portion of my water and add back in to make it just warm enough to dissolve the sugar.
2. Add sugar. Give it a stir so its all dissolved.
3. Sprinkle flour to make a covering over your sugar water.
4. Sprinkle yeast over flour.

IMG_20170206_034201.jpg

I use buckets with sealed lids but I've seen most people make smaller ones using coke bottles with a hose cut into lid like the one off to the right in my picture

I mixed up 2 new batches 3am this morn before work. Said good morning to me lady and let her be to breathe in that sweet sweet carbon dioxide...

Day 4

Still no hint of roots... I hate waiting... She's content chilling about though so I can't complain.

IMG_20170207_143243.jpg
IMG_20170207_143257.jpg

On a side note - Whoomp! There it is my 93 Bagseeds popped yesterday lol (hoping someone gets the song reference)

None had sunken but 4 out of 7 had taproots showing so I pushed them down and transferred to paper towel for some waking up!

IMG_20170206_164318.jpg
IMG_20170206_164820.jpg

Heres the current specs from my feed. Co2 PPM is rising now that fermentation is beginning. I have a bad feeling my yeast could be fucked though. It was hot as hell yesterday and temperature inside my brewing fridge got up in the 40s (C)

I also changed the thermostats set temp to 22C from 25C as a precaution with my res water. I'd rather be a bit cooler for her then kill her with slime I decided..

PicsArt_02-07-04_32_50.jpg

IMG_20170204_165912.jpg

Here's her new home!

IMG_20170204_171147.jpg

I only took a few photos. I was a little rushed and tbh it was hot as fuck in the grow room so I didn't muck about. Next visit I will pull apart the bucket and show whats under the hood.

I mixed a 1/4 batch of nutes: 4ml of A & B in 8L water. PPM was 200ish. Added 1ml of A & B Z7 / 1ml H&G drip clean beforehand also. pH was up around 7 so pH downed that sucker to a nice 5.7

I gave her a light spray and same to the inside walls of the fridge and a couple of towels hanging from the drip tray. Humidity was reading 60% before I left, and should increase with the door closed and no more dry hot air entering.

My 5500K 105W CFL is about 30-40cm above for the moment and my timer is on 16-8 to start until I see some nice root growth. I won't want too much dark once she starts to stretch if I am going to keep her in such a small space...

I left the thermostat set at 25C as I hear clones like it a lil hotter. Found a bowl we usually eat popcorn out of as a humidity dome, seemed it was made to fit the lid. Is the plastic see thru enough for the light? I don't really know too much about the science of light.

IMG_20170204_165923.jpg

Lastly, here are my 2 CO2 generators. They're living in my Vidget (Veg Widget) for the time being, until I pull a cutting from this girl to become a mother. Once the exhaust venting is open, the main "flowering" Widget circulates enough cool air to control the temps in both. All the air line tubing in the first shots are the CO2 lines. It's only on around 300 PPM in there atm. The batch of sugar I last fermented is finished. I shook the shit out of them when I went around there and the PPM was reading 3500ish and after opening the door and playing around for a while it was back down to 400. Would be good to somehow make an aggetator that would continue to stir up the mix. Anyone got ideas?

IMG_20170204_170616.jpg
What is it they say is the mother of invention. You got it bro. Great setup

Sent from my SM-G935T using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom