Tupur Coco With Down To Earth Fertilizers & Teas

On New Years Eve I added a reservoir to the flower tent since the fertilizers will be different for each Grow and Bloom. Once that was up and going I added 5ml of Stress Coat(meant for fish aquariums) to eliminate the chlorine etc. in both Res. I then made up a TEA for each which I dropped in at around 7pm. The Tea in the Veg res responded the quickest as it has the heater bringing it to optimal temps, so I saw bubbles/foam in a couple hours. I fed the Veg tent where needed New Years day. I moved the heater to the Flower res. She already had bubbles, but once the Res hit about 68, the magic of foam happened. I know from experience what the pH is so I add pH down- 5mL. The total fluid in each Res is about 7 to 8 gallons. I have read or heard that teas only last so long, say 48 to 72 hours from when I don't know. My thought was if still aerating constantly and such, 5 days seems plausible. I can always add tap water to top off and not dechlorinate it, that would essentially kill all microbes? I don't know.....I am flying by the seat of my pants here. In uncharted waters! Haha. At least the plants are happy!

Where there is a gnat there could be larva. It depends on whether it flew in looking for a place to lay eggs or it came out of the coco. Train an oscillating fan over the top of the cup. Bobrown recommends that everywhere and it's because they don't fly well and can't get back to the pot in the wind.

You could also put a layer of food grade (not pool grade) diatomaceous earth on top of the coco when the coco is dry (it doesn't work when it's wet).

I only saw one gnat, not too worried.This coco with organic ammends has sufficient drainage, my babies seem to struggle lately. I just considered this option. Am I on the right track! Humidity to help seedlings struggling to Root?

Well I am concerned that the drainage is too much for the seedlings. The rH in the tent is 68%. I just added D/E to the top of the cups, and put back in bag. Will leave overnight and check progress tomorrow.

I am just now earning my multi-tasking grow wings for 2 tents. Flower thankfully is mostly AUTO -PILOT! Veg is a lot of fucking work. Thanks for talking me through my faults. Over thinking is a double edged sword!

Back
Top Bottom