Turbo Bucket's Take On RADDWC: Grow Room Build-Up

So these are the main timers I've been using for the flower tents. Century brand, sold as "heavy duty" two independently controllable outlets is really nice, because they are minute programmable they work nicely for short cycle stuff like irrigation pumps. I really like the idea of these timers.

Buuutttt...... they suck. The first timer lost control of an outlet shortly after I started using it. The relay won't release at the end of a cycle so it just stays on now. The other timer the plug cover itself pulled right out, so you can look inside the bottom of the timer and see the copper bars that make up the inside of the outlet. Hooray.

As you can see from the picture they also don't stay synchronized very well. These have been running for a year? Maybe more, it's only 3 minutes so not a deal breaker. But in some instances this could make a big mess. If you had staggered your lighting load startup to reduce demand spikes from striking multiple ballasts at once that delay window is all screwed up now. Which would suck.

Timers are one of if not the most likely cause for a grow room fire. Lots of people cheap out on them and they handle the bulk of the power being consumed in your grow.

With daylight savings time coming up it's not a bad idea to make sure your timers are where you actually set them. Its a built in biyearly reminder to keep an eye on the time.

You should wire the timer with a relay and only let the timer relay pull the other one which you could use a motor relay to pull the heavier load. Sounds like you got some juice running over those timers. I use independent relays for each thing connected to the timers. I can help you with the wiring if you just get some relays. :hippy:

You should wire the timer with a relay and only let the timer relay pull the other one which you could use a motor relay to pull the heavier load. Sounds like you got some juice running over those timers. I use independent relays for each thing connected to the timers. I can help you with the wiring if you just get some relays. :hippy:

Negative only 600w each. Timers are rated 15a they're just cheap. I have a proper timer for when I finally move everything into it's new room.

You typically see them marketed as water heater timers. I'll be able to switch the drivers from 120v to 240v which will be nice. And then all the lights are on one timer so no more synchronicity issues.

Attachments

• IMG_20191021_232507126.jpg
    IMG_20191021_232507126.jpg
    480.5 KB · Views: 22
Those are some delicious looking balls friend! Great Halloween shot there too candy looks ALMOST as sweet as those buds.... hope you've been well

Those are some delicious looking balls friend! Great Halloween shot there too candy looks ALMOST as sweet as those buds.... hope you've been well

What's up buddy?! Thanks. Yea well enough, got our first little bit of snow today haha. How was your summer?

Summer? It was a good week, lol. Yeah been good. Kiddo just turned 3 months. Little dude is FAT! such a cute little chunkster and such a happy and well mannered dude. They so say biys can be "easier".

Snow? nice! Ya we got some last night too.

That rosin looks yummy! You tried any live yet?! Idk hardly anything about it honestly but it tastes wonderful and I'm sure yours is great!

Summer? It was a good week, lol. Yeah been good. Kiddo just turned 3 months. Little dude is FAT! such a cute little chunkster and such a happy and well mannered dude. They so say biys can be "easier".

Snow? nice! Ya we got some last night too.

That rosin looks yummy! You tried any live yet?! Idk hardly anything about it honestly but it tastes wonderful and I'm sure yours is great!

Right lol. My daughter was a chubber at that age too. My boy is definitely harder than the girl, he's a monster, he turned 3 not too long ago.

Yea I had a little bit of live trim in the first batches I ran. There's definitely a big flavor difference. The rosin is amazing compared to the ethanol extract. The live rosin is about that same difference better than the rosin from dried trim so far.

Sucks because I prefer dry trimmed buds but I would like the trim for the hash to be fresh.

Back
Top Bottom