Turbo-Closet Test Run - Autos - Boards & Pro-Mix HP

This will be the first partial run in the nearly completed turbo-closet. The space is a basement walk-in closet that's been slightly upgraded to contain two 42"*28"grow spaces. My first run in the closet was a pretty good success I yielded 10.5 ozs with one side in a scrog and the other a 2l pro-mix sog. The blurples did their job but my poor irrigation practices didn't do the plants any favors. I've spent months rebuilding this closet from the ground up so now it's time to put it to the test.

Stats:
Medium: pro-mix hp mixed with large perlite at 3:1 ratio netting a final mix close to 50/50 peat/perlite.
Containers: 2gal fabric pots on a swick/drain bed of perlite and growstones. The idea here being to maximize the benefits of a small fabric pot without negative effects on the plant.
Irrigation: hand water till I get the drip system in.
Nutrients: Botanicare pure blend. It's the only thing I've run and I still have enough for this run.
Lights: fusion board 240s on a 480w dimmable driver
Strains: RQS Diesel Auto, World of Seeds Afghan Kush Ryder, and Seedsman Auto Kush. All freebies from the great folks over @SeedsMan so seemed like some great test fodder for the room, I can quickly see an entire growth cycle and if it's all a big S show then I'm not out much.

I dropped all 8 beans mar.21 hoping for 6.
One diesel and one kush never came up. The other Afghan Ryder decapitated itself in the rapid rooter. This is the second time I've seen it happen, the shell hangs up inside the plug, the plant keeps pushing and buckles in the middle, when it pokes through there's no leafs just a lil sprig. Here she is at 6 days after breaking ground.

The rest of the girls recently settled into their new homes.

Thanks for stopping by any questions feel free to ask. My first grow and the room build are Here

The little one has two nice green leaves. Give it some time. There are hidden cells at their base, waiting to turn into new branches. That is as much as I can tell from the photo. She's still alive after 6 days, she is most likely going to survive.

The little one has two nice green leaves. Give it some time. There are hidden cells at their base, waiting to turn into new branches. That is as much as I can tell from the photo. She's still alive after 6 days, she is most likely going to survive.

Yup she's still trying. Being an auto I'm not expecting her to amount to much with this big of a setback but it will be interesting to see what happens.

So we'll call this the end of week one to simplify, they are about 9 days since breaking ground at this point.

Everything looks healthy with them so we're gonna start some training. I used glass beads rather than some growstones to bend the stalk over, I know the growstones hold water and could foresee that causing issues.

Here's everyone after training looking through the light grid.

That stocky momma in the middle is a 3month old that hopped across the fence to greener pastures.

The glass stones weren't heavy enough the plants pushed them aside, I cut a couple pieces out of a scrap plastic toy from the kids (shh!) To hold them in place with and used the glass stones to hold it against the retaining wire.

The autos got a little bit of company today in the form of some recently potted clones from the Dewey.

Beginning of Week 3
Quick update on the autos today. All still chugging along. One of the kush autos has emerged as the front runner followed by one of the rqs diesel auto. Good side growth going on, not much vertically. Little pH issue showing on the Afghan Ryder. Looks to be cleared up. Couple of the clones left for their new homes.

I’ve started planting my transplants off Center in their final bucket so I have more room to bend the main stem over. It’s been working pretty well so far.

I almost did, I thought I had talked myself into just letting them go without training but I still couldn't help it. I should have known I couldn't leave them alone. Any thoughts on what to do with them?

Back
Top Bottom