Turning from 18/6 to 12/12 whats the best methods

SWvoodoo

hey all and happy friedday!
Just a quick question, im running a 600w mh in a 4x4x6 tent with rdwc using a basic general purpose hydro grow nute. Ill be using cyco bloom for my nutes and a 600w hps, just wondering the best method of swapping from grow to bloom preferably with minimal stretch, my screen is 2/3 full and this strain already has reasonably large internodes should I keep the mh running for a week or so on 12/12 with grow nutes?? whats your best turning tricks? wanting to start tomorrow. thanks in advance :thanks:

I can only think of 2 methods !

1. Do a straight flip from 18/6 to 12/12 using correct bulbs & may take 10 to 14 days before pre flowers to show sex or form.

2. Some growers prefer a 24 to 48 hour darkness period before flipping to 12/12 this is said to decrease time of sexing pre flowers or induce mildly early flowering by several days to a few days of the flip to 12/12.

Hi mate. Not sure about the benefits of running the MH rather than hps for the first couple of weeks of flower, but in terms of switching to flower I give mine 24h dark, then switch to 12/12 and increase the EC of the veg nutes (I use Canna) and also add Canna Boost. I then run the veg nutes until I see the first pistils appear, at which point I then switch to the flowering nutes.

I'm not sure about minimising stretch though I'm sorry, I think this is mainly dependent on strain (and whether there's enough light). In my opinion I think stretch is something you just have to roll with when you flip, at least until you're familiar with that particular plant or strain.

Back
Top Bottom