Turning Purple?

xjackflashx

My first week into flowering and all seems okay....been pulling the males as i see them mature...anyways....ive noticed that some of my main stalks of my grow have begun to turn purple?? What does that mean? I have them in an outdoor grow in 5gal buckets mixed with miracle grow with nutes soil and a bit of compost soil from my mom tomato and cucumber garden to fill da buckets up. anyone know why my stuff is turnin purple or is it that my stuff is some of dat purp sticky icky

Re: Turning Purple?!?!

Are they purple, or more reddish. . and we're talking about the stems right. . . If you can, post some pics, would be much easier. . .but if you have red stems, it could be their lacking in nutes. . .How old is the soil mix? You added Nutes to the mix, like the slow release kind?

Bagz :peace:

i just added some more fresh soil today with slow release nutes...on da bag it reads.... 0.10-0.08-0.06...what should i be trying to work with if this doesnt do it? the stems are reddish like you said, not purple

I really wouldn't have used those. . . At the very least get some water soluable nutrients. . . And get away from slow release. . . Better yet, grab some foxfarms or something similar. . . to find these products in your area, just find their main site, most of them have a store locator by zip code. .. tells you exactly what and where. Their not expensive, 8 - 10 bucks. . . You'll be much happier. . .

Bagz :peace:

It could be genetic or it could be a phosphorus deficiency. Find a nute with higher numbers...like 10-10-5 or so.

Yeah sure ass hell a phosphorus problem. Like he said higher numbers on the N-P-K ratio. But try to get the first one lower and raise the last. Plants use phosphorus as nutrients for the flowering stage, at which point it lowers its use of nitrogen so you dont need as much. The numbers are just showing the amount of nurients in your fert. So it goes Nitrogen-Potasium-Phosphorus or N-P-K for their symbols.
So just try finding some high phosphorus bat guano (what I use to fix the problem)

m_or_f3.jpg

m_or_f.jpg

m_or_f5.jpg

here are some pics of my plants..not really showing the reddish stuff but my question is if you can tell the sex....:adore:

my plants look exaclty like yours. I am pretty certain that it has nothing to do with a lack of nutrients or anything, my plants are very healthy. I think it is just genetic, depends on the strain.

i have been cloning a bunch of the same strain and they have all been turning that reddish purple in the stem.

thanks everyone for the feedback..my plants are moving along quite nicely at the moment and hope to post some newer pics soon

Back
Top Bottom