Tutankhamon & Pineapple Chunk Outdoors In Massachusetts

Stoneotter, I'm in the Northern Berkshires and we have 4 plants sitting on the patio and haven't been covered yet. Along about the last of Sept., we start worrying about mold. Best thing I can think of is a shed or garage close by, to dolly them into . but you don't need to worry in August. It's pouring right now at the base of Mt. Greylock.

Stoneotter, I'm in the Northern Berkshires and we have 4 plants sitting on the patio and haven't been covered yet. Along about the last of Sept., we start worrying about mold. Best thing I can think of is a shed or garage close by, to dolly them into . but you don't need to worry in August. It's pouring right now at the base of Mt. Greylock.
Hi Slowpuffer, thanks for the help! I'm glad there's no rush. I'm so slow these days it might take me that long. Haha. I think next year I'll try to keep them at 6 or 7 feet and let them bush. Do you do any topping outdoors? BTW You do live in paradise.

Later on with mature buds it could be an issue, you're good for now though.
Yep, I've grown during some very wet periods during flower & never had a problem except with fat & mature buds. (For that reason I no longer grow strains w/ fat buds. Gotta work with the climate I got & I ain't gonna grow indoors!).

They look fantastic...hope the home stretch goes better than well.

Yep, I've grown during some very wet periods during flower & never had a problem except with fat & mature buds. (For that reason I no longer grow strains w/ fat buds. Gotta work with the climate I got & I ain't gonna grow indoors!).

They look fantastic...hope the home stretch goes better than well.
Thanks AndI. What do you like to grow outdoors?

Hi Slowpuffer, thanks for the help! I'm glad there's no rush. I'm so slow these days it might take me that long. Haha. I think next year I'll try to keep them at 6 or 7 feet and let them bush. Do you do any topping outdoors? BTW You do live in paradise.
I top & LST the bejesus outta my outdoor grows. It's a legal grow, but a coupla my neighbors are finicky, so I try to keep everything under 5 feet. This one's Lebanese-Nepalese hybrid (which seems so stupid a hybrid that I had to give it grow, because I'm curious & stupid). I thought it would stretch more during flower, but it hasn't. About 2 weeks into flower & about 3 ft tall right now.

I top & LST the bejesus outta my outdoor grows. It's a legal grow, but a coupla my neighbors are finicky, so I try to keep everything under 5 feet. This one's Lebanese-Nepalese hybrid (which seems so stupid a hybrid that I had to give it grow, because I'm curious & stupid). I thought it would stretch more during flower, but it hasn't. About 2 weeks into flower & about 3 ft tall right now.
I think 5 or 6 feet is going to be my goal next year. I'm trying to stay off ladders.

Thanks AndI. What do you like to grow outdoors?
I grow something different every year & always something that I've never smoked, because I'm stupidly curious (& vice versa).

While I like sativas, I've given up growing them because their long flowering time combined with our wet falls makes 'em a dice roll (plus I can also buy 'em at a local dispensary for chump change). Nonetheless, really liked the sativas I've grown--lemon meringue & Jack Herer (the latter will hit 8 foot high no problem).

But also really enjoyed growing a Hog-Jack the Ripper hybrid--great stone & very nice yield, Space Candy, and on the indica side, Critical Kush was a real winner. Best yielder I've grown & the bud packs a wallop.

But my all time fave was a guerilla grow Oaxacan in the 80s...some of the strongest, trippiest weed I ever smoked! (& I've been burning da leaf for more than 40 yrs)

I think 5 or 6 feet is going to be my goal next year. I'm trying to stay off ladders.
10 footers are fun to look at, but not so great to deal with! That said I gave away more than half of the 7ish foot jack herer I grew two years ago & am still polishing off my last 10 grams of it...with much pleasure, I might add.

Actually, I do my toppings inside. I start my plants in March, and top twice before setting them out on June 1st. They're usually two footers and bushy. I'm to old & out of shape, to plant in the earth anymore. So at that point, I turn them over to my Daughter & son in law, who's blooming them on her patio, in 15 gal. bags. They're at about 6 foot now and that's as tall as they'll get. I'm still looking over my shoulder, as i can't believe it's legal !! Never in my life, did I expect to live long enough, to witness it. I did 5 years in Calif. prison system (1958-1973) for what i can do legally now !! We're using Coast of Maine Stonington blend super soil this year, and it seems to be growing some big plants. Don't have any recent pics., but I will get some next visit. as i remember, we got two OG Kush plants, one Critical +, and one cheese. hope your plants are budding like you want.

But your yield will be more than if the plant was allowed to grow tall !! Nice job !!

Actually, I do my toppings inside. I start my plants in March, and top twice before setting them out on June 1st. They're usually two footers and bushy. I'm to old & out of shape, to plant in the earth anymore. So at that point, I turn them over to my Daughter & son in law, who's blooming them on her patio, in 15 gal. bags. They're at about 6 foot now and that's as tall as they'll get. I'm still looking over my shoulder, as i can't believe it's legal !! Never in my life, did I expect to live long enough, to witness it. I did 5 years in Calif. prison system (1958-1973) for what i can do legally now !! We're using Coast of Maine Stonington blend super soil this year, and it seems to be growing some big plants. Don't have any recent pics., but I will get some next visit. as i remember, we got two OG Kush plants, one Critical +, and one cheese. hope your plants are budding like you want.
Thanks for the explanation and sorry to hear the 5 years. I'll take that timeline next year and put it to use. Topping too. Thats so horrific for weed. I'm with you looking over my shoulder @ 63 I always hoped but never thought we'd be free to use weed legally.

I grow something different every year & always something that I've never smoked, because I'm stupidly curious (& vice versa).

While I like sativas, I've given up growing them because their long flowering time combined with our wet falls makes 'em a dice roll (plus I can also buy 'em at a local dispensary for chump change). Nonetheless, really liked the sativas I've grown--lemon meringue & Jack Herer (the latter will hit 8 foot high no problem).

But also really enjoyed growing a Hog-Jack the Ripper hybrid--great stone & very nice yield, Space Candy, and on the indica side, Critical Kush was a real winner. Best yielder I've grown & the bud packs a wallop.

But my all time fave was a guerilla grow Oaxacan in the 80s...some of the strongest, trippiest weed I ever smoked! (& I've been burning da leaf for more than 40 yrs)
Thats funny. My wife would call me stupidly curious. I tell her it's a man thing. She disagrees. Haha Thanks

But your yield will be more than if the plant was allowed to grow tall !! Nice job !!
thanks, SP.

Had the technique down better, I think,during my 80s stealth grows. I'd plant under a garden canopy that I'd not tend purposely for overgrowth & grow the weed so that it wasn't more than about 2ft tall & almost all colas underneath a ratty canopy of untended garden weeds. Would still get a coupla shoeboxes of killer tops despite the short plants.

I like the way you think. However she's out of hand tall. next year I think it'll be topped bushes for me. My friend is 6' 3"
IMG_3569.jpg
Shes a beauty

Back
Top Bottom