Tutankharmon - 400HPS - Soil Coco Mix - Grow

Re: Tutankharmon (pyramid seeds) 400hps, soil cocco mix, Grow

Hey WaknBak88. Thanks for joining my first journal. I can't believe how everybody on here seems so interested in my thoughts, it blows my mind and I feel humbled. The amazing and costly set ups I see in America stun me, so to even be on the raydar as it were?!?!@!?
Awesome site and people, only happy to share anything I can to aid others on here.
Hope you enjoy!

Big first real training day later. sculpting her to my will.

You grow a plant like the one you won with, you got MY attention.
Will you please post a pic of it here so we can all see wha can be accomplished?

Here she is then as requested.
20130715_162238.jpg
20130715_162628.jpg
20130715_162321.jpg

Ok so now she is free and I can start to get her how I want. So we start with getting in close and working out where you want each limb to go. Then we start tucking her fan leaves under/or behind the head of each knew branch. This might cause the leaf to sweat slightly as they overlap, its not really a worry as she will only be kept like this for maybe a week.
20130905_133901.jpg
20130905_133841.jpg
20130905_134225.jpg
20130905_135056.jpg
20130905_135103.jpg
20130905_135613.jpg
20130905_135706.jpg

Ok I leave the top growth free to expand for a few days now. Also I have to add I position my CFLs all around her, above and at each side. Hopefully you can see the heads or end of each branch now protruding past the fan leaves. The will push her growth into her limbs as they're whats getting the light now. Plus she has just been topped.
I'll have to keep adjusting the wires every day pretty much, moving the wire along to the end of the branch to keep them horizontal.

20130905_133255.jpg
dam missed this off for the start of today. before LST.
Sorry that the pics are the wrong way around. lol, cant seem to fix the problem now.

This plant is going to be bigger and busier than my Blue Venom, Im quite sure. This one is 9 nodes high when topped. With the lower 2 branches removed. My BV was only 7 nodes, with again bottom 2 branches removed. So BV had five sets versus this Tutt with 7. This means 4 extra branches, with a number of shoots on each.
So with training this could mean say maybe an extra 12-15 Colas against the BVs number.

Ok, Christ She's growin so quickly I can barely keep up with the LST adjustments. She,s gonna be a real hard plant to keep on top of. I cant switch to flower yet as she has at least another week maybe more of veg. I think I might have to go down the tent road so I have enough vertical space. Ill have to pick a few brains if I do go tent. So be ready guys I want this girl to be my best yet. Tents are a fairly new thing for me so will want to make sure I get it right.

Peace and green thoughts to you all my friends and LST all the way baby!

Hi Light Addict, I'm sub'd also, congrats on POTM last month.
Looking forward to following your grow and LST techniques.
Good luck with your grow.
:goodluck:

subd my friend,

looking good,
just a quick question, you say your using mixed spectrum cfls, in the pics they look like 2700k cfls, if this is the case then you would be better off using the hps, if they are mixed spectrum then use them for veg.

plants look great, just keep an eye on the temps, the edges of the leaves will cup up if temps get to high,
also with cfls you get the most light off the sides of the bulbs, you get very little off the ends of the bulbs, when i use cfls i have them side on which gives a better spread of light, i also used some cheap tin foil oval trays to make light reflectors out of oval foil type trays,

Welcome Donpaul my friend I'm so glad to see your subbed. You really deserved the MOTM, you post like crazy and help everyone out. So thanks on behalf of most people on here that have had the fortune of your wisdom.
Any way I get what your saying but i just guessed the bulbs were a mix, they're the ones I used many times before, like on my BV. Here's a few more pics to show how i place my CFLs, side on for the most part. My problem is she keeps growin to quick and burns her leaf tips every now and then lol.
:Namaste:

20130905_223808.jpg
20130905_223818.jpg
20130905_223753.jpg
20130905_223828.jpg

Dude go order some Reserva Privada and get a Silver LA seed. I want someone else to grow it too lol

Hey everyone, to answer shottafire, no this has always been my veg set of lights. I've even a couple more if needed. CC more pics in morning. CA215 welcome hope I can pass anythin useful on Doobiemiester.welcome and hell yeah Im up for that. I need knew beans asap.
Your right cajuncelt. Some big names about here, hope I dont !#@? It up lol.

Well, if it's any consolation, my Tut gal is flowering like her sister did. Her sister was an auto. So, the comparison is over. F'ing pisses me off. You know yourself how much these seeds are. Messes up my schedule.

Back
Top Bottom