Tutankharmon - 400HPS - Soil Coco Mix - Grow

Re: Tutankharmon (pyramid seeds) 400hps, soil cocco mix, Grow

Yeah spimp I walked in to look at the flat before renting it and just thought dam thats ideal. Behind the back of the alcove is my big water heater, so its good for masking heat. A ready supplied vent to outside in my back garden. You wont believe how I bodge her up into a grow area. I use an old painting canvas for the door and get quite a good seal. Ill post pics on Wednesday as she gets put together.

Ok everyone, I hope the day finds your girls green and thriving. Here's a few pics of her today. As i said above she grew too fast and caught me out last night bloody thing! Only a few little burn spots but still a shame. Having to move wires daily, as her limbs are really starting to lengthen out.
She is also starting to get thirsty now, so going to be feeding every other day now instead of every four.
20130907_174110.jpg
20130907_174003.jpg
20130907_174036.jpg
20130907_174125.jpg
20130907_172739.jpg

I know that some of her leaves are a bit mis shaped or bent its just after they've been tucked away they get like that. You give them a bit of an airing everyday as you adjust limbs, stops them sweating against each other.

Started my bending while she's in LST. It will be cool to see how they compare. I am growing a few AK-47's (Tuts come from AK no?). They are same age as the previous Tut.

If your plant is growing quickly and producing new leaves everyday its ok to take a couple whenever you deem it necessary.

I Defoliate almost all plants that grow through my garden and I rather remove leaves and lst than top a plant. But to each his own.

Queen Tut looks good and green though. cheers light addict

Hehehehe I'm not actually from Newcastle lol
I changed my aviatar to provoke reaction from u :)
My brother is die hard nufc I support another team that shares rivalry but not near as much as red n black stripes does.

Anyway I live on Sirius now that about 10,000 light years from earth

nice plant man.. cant wait to see her bloom.

I got my pen and paper for note taking, I can't wait to see how this turns out!subscribed
I've got my "blog" finger ready for note taking. SUBBED... EDIT... just completed the read here & this is a simple to follow journal (easy on the brain cells) or maybe all my:420:reading is starting to pay off which leads to everything making a lot more sense to me. Either way I'm going to enjoy this one.

looking good, very nice, well done,

you know your pulling the leaves and stems down and you have a big fan leaf or 2 thats not getting much light, well personally if the fan leaf is in the way and your trying to stop it blocking light then i remove the leaf, outdoors plants have many threats that can cause the plant to lose leaves, insects, weather, animals etc etc, indoors we dont have this problem, so i remove leaves that are either blocking light or just not getting any light themselves,

another thing i do when i have a sativa strain thats stretching to much is i remove the top set of fan leaves and this slow upwards growth, then when the new set grows i remove that as well, this again slow upwards growth and forces the nodes to grow and catch up, your not having this problem but thought id throw it out their in case its something you may want to try in the future, it ends up working the same as topping but without actually topping the plant, ive got 1 plant in veg now which ive run a few tests on using this method, node spacing lower down the plant say the 1st 4 nodes is about an inch to an inch and half but then i started removing every fan leaf that appeared at the top of the plant, ive now counted ive got 7 nodes all with a spacing of less than 1cm between them, so this method works and slows upwards growth and should give me a very nice bushy plant, ill post some pics on my journal when my cam is charged up so i can show everyone what testing i have been doing.

ive also heavily stripped 2 plants, totally removed every leaf and left just the tiny tiny growth at the nodes, again this stopped upwards growth and let the node growth take over and grow at a rapid rate after a couple of days of slowed growth, so now im letitng the fan leaves grow as normal turning the plant back to how it was and allowing it to grow upwards as normal, but now i have more growth at the nodes and a much bushier plant compared with the xmas tree shaped plant,

just thought id throw them ideas out their in case anyone wants to try them at some point or if you ever get a plant thats stretching upwards to much, ive found just remiving the top set of fan leaves and then the new set that grows really stunts upwards growth but it dont stunt the rest of the plant like topping or fim method, again ill post pics as soon as i can im ny journal so you can all see what i mean,

its just i noticed on your plant that you have a huge fan leave that is not getting much lights as its been blocked by the branches around it as you have pulled it down, i would remove this leaf if it was my plant so its not in the way at all and all the growth its blocking and restricting wont be blocked and it will get full light, i know some will argue against what i say and say its best to keep all the leaves, but indoors the plants have very little threats and it dont lose any leaves, so i would remove it and let the plant get a lot more light which in turn gives more growth.

but its your grow so do what you thinks best, their will always be 2 arguments the do's and the donts, i dont heavily defol but i have with a couple of plants this time round and ill keep this up through the whole grow, but on my plants i dont use defol method on i still remove the odd leaf if its blocking light or just in the way

Cheers Dpaul. My god where do you get the time lol. M8 I get what you mean I do take the odd fan off when its not really doing anything. But I wait till she just a little older normally. Your techniques for stunting her are really interesting. I like the idea and cant wait to your little tute. Your mind really must be a mad hectic space, keep sharing the wisdom.
Im not to worried really on her hight as Im lucky to have access to a couple of different tents lights etc. So because she's a bit tall ill just move her into one of them later when she gets too big for my little alcove that Im setting up on Wednesday.
Many thanks yet again Dpaul drop by and advise anytime.

Back
Top Bottom