Tutorial: Homemade Pipe Made From Your Plant Remains

Momma's Kitchen is going to be having a art contest on her journal for members to display their art projects not sure she's giving away anything or not. I think your crafts would be a perfect entry. I believe she said it starts May 11th. I really like the joint holder. I have an antique cigarette holder from my great-grandmother that is about 5 in Long and carved out a solid ivory. I have more than once I thought about using it for joints. But could never bring myself to do it I don't think the old girl would approve.

Think ima work on my pipe today!
Sounds like a great idea! You know the saying... "pictures, or it didn't happen" :)
Very good job man! I love it!!
Outstanding work. Seriously.
Thanks for the kind words guys - very much appreciated! :Namaste:
Momma's Kitchen is going to be having a art contest on her journal for members to display their art projects
That sounds like a lot of fun! I'll have to go check it out. Thanks for the heads up. :thanks:

Pictures...? I'll getcha some pics? I hollowed out the stem and got it fitted to the bowl. There's a small air leak but I don't think it's gonna affect the over all use of the pipe. It could act as a small carb or I could mix up some glue and cannadust for a wood paste/ filler. I found some tongue oil in the cabinet but not sure if I can use it or not.

Looking good so far, Age :bravo: I really like the shape of it!

Heres the finished piece. Hollowed the stem and sank the bowl, then i married them with some wood glue. I let the bond form then i added a coat of wood wax and let dry overnight. Torched it oh so carefully, just like Beez, and then a second coat of wax. Wrapped with one piece thin gauge bonsai wire and super glued in place.

Itza gneiss, You like!!!!

Wow! Most excellent!! I love it! :welldone::green_heart:

I just made one! Definitely not fancy and it's Not "finished" yet but spent a few minutes drilling some holes and it works!
Thought it'd be something i can tinker on here and there

Attachments

• 20200518_221814.jpg
    20200518_221814.jpg
    425 KB · Views: 85
You are off to a great start! :thumb:

You are off to a great start! :thumb:
Thanks!
Will probably tinker with it time to time while working out in the garage.
You know, take a few puffs....mix up some nutes...water the plants...meds kick in with some random ideas...."what if I sanded this part down?" etc.
"What if I made it look like a wolf?? hmmm..." LOL

Heres the finished piece. Hollowed the stem and sank the bowl, then i married them with some wood glue. I let the bond form then i added a coat of wood wax and let dry overnight. Torched it oh so carefully, just like Beez, and then a second coat of wax. Wrapped with one piece thin gauge bonsai wire and super glued in place.

Itza gneiss, You like!!!!

I just made one! Definitely not fancy and it's Not "finished" yet but spent a few minutes drilling some holes and it works!
Thought it'd be something i can tinker on here and there
I like the way it stands on its own. Excellent use of the bottom of the trunk!

I made mine sitting outside my garage holding the wood in one hand and the power tools in the other (drill, belt sander, dremel). No workshop needed!
full

Pretty basic but I don't have nice twine, any way to make decals, or that kind of focus anyway :).

These are all AMAZING!! Straight rockin it!! Creative work everyone!!

I was pickin through some ‘Deer Antlers,’ and found a few nice pieces. Grabbed a hobby saw and made some cuts, then put all the pieces in a lidded jar of water. They’ve been hydrating for bout a week. Ima strip the bark and see if can throw the ‘stem’ cuts in a vice to shape. No pics of plant pieces in a jar of water...

I was pickin through some ‘Deer Antlers,’ and found a few nice pieces. Grabbed a hobby saw and made some cuts, then put all the pieces in a lidded jar of water. They’ve been hydrating for bout a week. Ima strip the bark and see if can throw the ‘stem’ cuts in a vice to shape. No pics of plant pieces in a jar of water...
Any chance you could fashion some sort of steamer box?
Maybe a cookie sheet with a splash of water, cover with foil, and pop in the oven for a little bit? or just set it on a hot stove?
Might work?

Any chance you could fashion some sort of steamer box?
Maybe a cookie sheet with a splash of water, cover with foil, and pop in the oven for a little bit? or just set it on a hot stove?
Might work?

That might work and being in the desert of SoCal I don't need the oven, just the pavement in the sunny spot for more than a few hours. Besides, with my luck, I'd smoke out the house, but not in a good way... You know what I'm sayin?!?!?!?!?

Back
Top Bottom