Tutorial: Homemade Pipe Made From Your Plant Remains

I was actually curious about the bowl, since this is such soft wood. Upon use, does it harden so as to be able to stand the heat for a while or is that another purpose of the screen down in there, to distribute the heat?
I seems that with contunued use, the resins from the weed help coat and protect the inside of the bowl, but to be honest I haven't used it long enough to truly answer this question. Time will tell.

Part 4
OK, I finally finished accessorizing the pipe and so I'm making that process a "part 4". The thread work is a little complicated to explain, so I just added a bunch of pictures.

First I tried a variety of fonts for the strain name (Blackberry Fire) and printed them out onto water-slide paper.
I choose this font and applied the decal.
Next, I went through my box of guide wrapping thread (fly fishing stuff) and chose this color:
Using my fly rod rebuilding tools and guide wrapping knowledge, I added the decorative thread.

Here’s what it looks like after the thread work:
Add another coat of polyurethane to seal the thread. Now to choose the last bit of decals:

Cut it, soak it, slide it and apply it.

After adding yet another coat of polyurethane, the pipe is complete!
And there you have it! Now I've got to go smoke some Blackberry Fire with it :ganjamon:.
Wow!!! Impressive work to say the least! I would definitely buy something like that, and making use of the whole plant :green_heart: amazing!

Thanks! I few people have suggested I put them up online to sell, but honestly I just enjoy making them for myself and a few friends.:peace:

Thanks for posting! Great project using the plant to enjoy the plant. Awesome tutorial im bookmarking this for a rainy or snowy day after harvest.

I made this pipe for a friend as a gift. I used a brass mouth piece, elbow, and bowl instead of hemp like the others pipes. Using the brass significantly cut down on the time and complexity it takes to make the pipe. To connect the brass to the hemp I simply sanded the tips of the hemp to fit snugly, then added Elmer's glue, and let dry. I then used the last 2 coats of varnish as additional sealant around the hemp and brass.
Resized_20181226_100238_2836.jpeg

Damn this edit made it even more epic Beez! This is a true pieve of art:adore:

My girls havent been so big due to a small box my pots are almost 1 gallon, still i looked at that cbd and the stalk is thicker then any plant before in there. Wishing for some materials to craft a decent pipe. It's becomming a thing for me to grow a fat stalk thanks to you hehe.

Again wonderfull work and a clear how-to:bravo:

Are you smoking the blackberry it was made from?

I wish I had tall straight plants to try this with!

We did smoke blackberry fire as our first bowl, it seemed fitting. Haha

It seemed to taste even better in the new pipe :ganjamon:

I wish I had tall straight plants to try this with!
You'd be surprised at how little amount of materials you really need, and the branches don't really need to be perfectly straight.:peace:
Damn this edit made it even more epic Beez! This is a true pieve of art:adore:

My girls havent been so big due to a small box my pots are almost 1 gallon, still i looked at that cbd and the stalk is thicker then any plant before in there. Wishing for some materials to craft a decent pipe. It's becomming a thing for me to grow a fat stalk thanks to you hehe.

Again wonderfull work and a clear how-to:bravo:
Thanks NS! Maybe if Santa "Spirit" Seeds arrive in time for a Spring/Summer grow, I can make one for you after the harvest ;)

Thanks! I would love to see other's pipes when done. :popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom