420 Magazine Background

Twelve12's Perpetual Grow

beezwax

Has anyone tried glr with gdp? I tried using so far day 5 and I can see some pistils. Might have to switch back to 18-6 now

jandre2k3

Member of the Month Winner - June 2012
Has anyone tried glr with gdp? I tried using so far day 5 and I can see some pistils. Might have to switch back to 18-6 now
With GLR there will be some pistils... It takes cannabis to the brink of flower, but does not let it go into flower. GDP does go into a pseudo flower, but continues growing quite well. My GDP grew under GLR for about 5 months as a mother/donor plant and she did stellar. There were some pistils that showed up, but never went into flower until I put her into flower. Once into flower she did transition VERY nicely in three days and had no stretch.

donpaul.p

Member of the Month: Aug 2013
jandre is spot on with his answer, all my plants under glr show sex at around 2 weeks old, it throws out pistils where it can but no buds will form and the plant will grow like crazy till you flip the light to 12-12

growlights

On Vacation
With GLR there will be some pistils... It takes cannabis to the brink of flower, but does not let it go into flower. GDP does go into a pseudo flower, but continues growing quite well. My GDP grew under GLR for about 5 months as a mother/donor plant and she did stellar. There were some pistils that showed up, but never went into flower until I put her into flower. Once into flower she did transition VERY nicely in three days and had no stretch.
That effect, forming pistils without going into full flower, is quite similar to when one runs DEEP Blue lamps throughout the dark period.

There might be another variation for GLR, use Deep Blue light during the the two 5.5 hour periods, low wattage, say 70 watts per 600 watts of HID. Any thoughts.

growlights

On Vacation
i have also been using glr for veg i have started to give the deminishing light a try but i was a bit late in starting it this time round so my plants only had an extra hour of dark, but ill continue to use glr as the results are what im looking for, so next time round ill be giving the flowering schedule a good try and see if it makes a difference, i can then compare the results from the previous grow and see how much difference it makes
The GLR looks very promising, I will try it soon.

Another option for flowering, use a DEEP RED Booster lamp for a few minutes at lights out, doing so triggers the phytochrome to switch states in moments, rather than the normal two hours, so a 10 hour night is like a 12 hour night, 14/10 is like 14/13, 13/11 is like 13/13 12/13 is like 12/15. You get the benefit of the shorter night and a longer day, it works real nice.

kimmy

I remember this old thread...
I hope Twelve12 is OK wherever he is !

Top Bottom