Nicey Nice.:smokin:

Thank you :) It will only get nicer.

Lovin the FIM!! I want to try it on my next run

This is my first time FIMming. Give it a try. I'm going to FIM them again before flowering to get 8 main tops.

HD,
Im in here for this too. Buudy Keep them green.

Keeping them green always! Right now, I'm trying to keep them cool. Summer days in the 3 digits, even with a/c on the room gets at 82-86F.

Looking great! Nice and green - looks like they're liking the LST and fim just fine. :thumb:

Thanks! They have two more weeks before 12/12. Can't wait.

The Girls Doing Aerobics - LST + FIM

MG_00301.jpg
MG_0061.jpg
MG_0064.jpg
MG_0052.jpg
MG_0034.jpg
MG_00371.jpg
MG_0067.jpg
MG_0043.jpg

- Transplanted these from 1gal airpots to 3gal buckets, hempy method.
- LST + FIM some new branches.
- Initiate 1/2 veg nutrients strength.
- These will be mothers providing clones.
- Cutting the first batch of clones in a few days, 2-3 per plant.
- Another batch of 8 clones into the flowering tent in a few days.

Keeping things flowing.

Journal Update:

Got two clones per strain for the SOG 2L method. Also topped/FIM the remaining branches for next cuttings, in two weeks. Setting up with 8-16 plants per harvest every two weeks. The mothers will be providing clones for two months, before putting under 12/12 to flower her out. At the same time new mothers will be ready to provide new clones, starting up new batch of strains, filling in the space of previous mothers. This way I can always try new strain while keeping the ones that are easy to grow providing good yield. With limited space this rotation is required. FIM and LST works wonders.

Welcome Crower619!

Hey HD thought I'd pull up an park an watch this grow from the start this time lol cant wait Im liking the different strains you got going for yourself

Welcome to my newest grow. This will be the 2L SOG grow + 3gal hempy grow. Should be fun to watch.

Trying out the DIY cooltube for the 600w hps in few days. The heat during the summer is crazy even with the a/c on I can get it around 80F-84F with lights on. Don't want to rely on the a/c units too much so I'm making the cooltube and see how that works out. Got the 2x 4in Vortex fan standing by.

Re: Welcome Crower619!

Welcome to my newest grow. This will be the 2L SOG grow + 3gal hempy grow. Should be fun to watch.

Trying out the DIY cooltube for the 600w hps in few days. The heat during the summer is crazy even with the a/c on I can get it around 80F-84F with lights on. Don't want to rely on the a/c units too much so I'm making the cooltube and see how that works out. Got the 2x 4in Vortex fan standing by.

Hi HD!

Can't wait to see how your DIY cooltube works for you. I've been thinking of doing something like that myself, can't wait to see it in action. Summer's are crazy for me too - I don't usually grow in the summer, but this year I decided to grow a little freebie auto seed so I can get the kinks worked out of my new tent and set-up. Fun, but temps are about what you've got. 80-84f, but I've been able to keep it around 81f lately.

Hey Xlr8

Hi HD!

Can't wait to see how your DIY cooltube works for you. I've been thinking of doing something like that myself, can't wait to see it in action. Summer's are crazy for me too - I don't usually grow in the summer, but this year I decided to grow a little freebie auto seed so I can get the kinks worked out of my new tent and set-up. Fun, but temps are about what you've got. 80-84f, but I've been able to keep it around 81f lately.

I'll be putting in the tube to the HID reflector with flexible duct, nothing too fancy. Definitely will post some pics of how it's put together. It all will depend on the exhaust fan though, the stronger the pull, the more heat it can get rid of. I hope the 4in Vortex do it. Either way, this will reduce a lot of heat and only leaving the plants to the mercy of room temp. This can cool it down with fans or some a/c. My goal is to get it at 75-79F with this installed. Ok, heading out to get the stuff now.

Journal Update: DIY Cooltube - 600w HPS

Worked on the DIY Cooltube for the 600w HPS, for one of the grow tent. I'm using the existing reflector and just put the tube over the bulb. The temp got much better. I can have my hand at 1.5ft away before feeling any heat. Though, the glass is not cooled enough to touch. I may have to upgrade the 4in Vortex to 6in or even 8in if I want the glass to be completely cooled. This is a low budget project so I'll work with what I already have. Without AC the tent is at 84F with the cooltube running. With A/C the room gets 75F with the cooltube running. Quite a big difference. I spent under $10; Hurricane Glass cost $8+tax, everything else was leftovers.

Item used:

1x Hurricane Glass (There are two sizes, I got the largest one)
1x 4in Flexible Vent Duct
1x 4x4 Pipe adapter
1x 2ft metal wire
1x White/Black Duck tape
1x 4in Vortex Exhaust Fan
1x 20-30 mins time

MG_0084.jpg
MG_0087.jpg
MG_0092.jpg
MG_0093.jpg
MG_0085.jpg
MG_0097.jpg

Looking good HD, that was a nice DIY with that light, I did something similar with a couple big CFL's when I had a journal going here but when my thread got deleted so did all the pics and DIY part of it. Looks like you gots it going on in that tent though. I just started a new grow this morning myself, agent orange, querkle, jillybean. Once everything starts moving along I have a good 20-25 freebie seeds from attitude that I am gonna do a bunch of, I am thinking I'll wait on those until I get those beans moving along and sexed.

Anyhow, looking forward to the update pics from your grow.

Journal Update:

Got the 2L SOG going (Super Lemon Haze, Tangerine Dream, & Red Dragon) in tent #2. Right now tent #1 flowering SLH, TD, and RD. The 600w packed a punch, and the DIY Cooltube is helping eliminating some heat followed by portable a/c blowing in. This should provide better yield than the previous grow, lol. The 2L SOG is moving a long slow. Experimenting with two different types of cuttings; one small, one tall. The tall one flower faster while the smaller ones tent to veg/stretch then flower.

Anyway, here are some updated pics. Still working on my perpetual calendar getting everything down so I can ease up mental space. heh.

MG_0119.jpg
MG_01221.jpg
MG_0125.jpg
MG_0121.jpg
MG_0109.jpg
MG_0111.jpg
MG_0112.jpg
MG_0115.jpg
MG_0108.jpg
MG_0099.jpg
MG_0101.jpg
MG_0104.jpg

Journal Update:

Thought I try my hands on Air Layering. My hands were dirty couldn't get the step-by-step shots, but check out the link posted should give you an idea of how it's done. I did AL for 3/7 plants. Doing each one took about 15 mins.

Items Used in the process: - Not official

- FFOF soil
- 4in cable ties
- Eye dropper
- 2x2 plastic bags (cut in half)
- Q-tip
- Pin or exacto knife
- Root Hormone (Clonex)
- Bambo skewer wooden sticks

First, I scraped away some skin all around on small area of the branch, above the node. Took a Q-tip and dipped it in clonex and apply it onto the wound. Then placed the plastic bag around the wound, warped it in a cone shape and close the bottom end with the 4in cable ties. Then add soil (1tsp). Packed it nice and tight making sure it snugged the stem all around. Then I used an eye dropper and put 1/2tsp of water in. After that I warped up the top end and tie it shut. The branch gained some weight after that, so placed one Bambo skewer wooden sticks to hold the branch up. Make sure to poke some holes around the bag using a pin or exacto knife for oxygen.

This my first time doing this. I just dive right in after reading up on some instructions. Will make updates on this in the next few weeks. Crossing my fingers and toes.

MG_0133.jpg
MG_0132.jpg
MG_0131.jpg
MG_01291.jpg
MG_0130.jpg

Back
Top Bottom