Really like your dual tent setup, that hopefully will be my next step in growing...Never heard of Air Layering, very informative post..thanks for sharing that...!!! Your ladies are looking really green lush and healthy!! glad to be a part of your spectators!!!

dont know how i missed this for so long, but im in now. Real nice grow you have right now man, very clean setup. I need to get some of those bottle holders real bad. How far along is your SLH SOG? I'm about to start blooming 4 of mine that have been vegging a week. They have some good roots now so I'm about to bloom it. The mom is almost done, probably going to get cut in a week

Really like your dual tent setup, that hopefully will be my next step in growing...Never heard of Air Layering, very informative post..thanks for sharing that...!!! Your ladies are looking really green lush and healthy!! glad to be a part of your spectators!!!

Air Layering is quite awesome. Especially for those with legal grow having limits on plants. Even a clone consider a plant so AL help getting roots while still attached to the mother, a loop hole of having more plants without having more plants. Once the flowering finished the grower can cut the rooted AL and plant right away. I mainly do it because I ran out of vegging space for clones.

Love the Air Layering technique, pecan tree nurseries around here do that alot!!

I'm beginning to love it too. This help me spends more time with the plants. Doing something new from the usual, watering routine.

dont know how i missed this for so long, but im in now. Real nice grow you have right now man, very clean setup. I need to get some of those bottle holders real bad. How far along is your SLH SOG? I'm about to start blooming 4 of mine that have been vegging a week. They have some good roots now so I'm about to bloom it. The mom is almost done, probably going to get cut in a week

Those holders are great. It's quite nice to move them around without having to worry about the bottles falling over. I need to get a lot more for the up coming transplant. The SLH is only 2 weeks in 12/12. Still stretching, no sign of flowering yet. The Red Dragon is flowering atm. This strain always flower first from the batch, even in my other tent, and previous grow. Gotta love indica. How tall do you let your SLH get before 12/12?

yeah the wonder woman is like that, she starts blooming immediately on 12/12. I bloomed my SLH mom at 8" and she finished around 3ft. The clones are about 6" right now and about to go in bloom so I'm not sure what to expect. It stretches quite a bit, but it's not too bad. Never really seen a SOG run with this strain though so I was curious as to how they grew. Guess we'll learn that together bro

yeah the wonder woman is like that, she starts blooming immediately on 12/12. I bloomed my SLH mom at 8" and she finished around 3ft. The clones are about 6" right now and about to go in bloom so I'm not sure what to expect. It stretches quite a bit, but it's not too bad. Never really seen a SOG run with this strain though so I was curious as to how they grew. Guess we'll learn that together bro

For the SLH SOG I noticed it stretches like the regular plant, so I'm trying to have the fan blow air at it to strengthen the stem up. Yes, we're on this together!

I'm running into an issue with my grow. One of the roommate don't leave the house till noon. Usually he leaves at 9am. This is affecting the 12/12 of the grow. Since I run a 600w, 2x 180w LED, 325w of CFL (veg closet), and portable a/c at 935w, having it all running at the same time the circus breaker goes off. This is why I use extension cords from another room to split up the consumption. With my roommate recent work schedule change I cannot run the extension cords until he leaves the house. So my 12/12 is now 9 on / 15 off. I'm just worry about the girls turning hermies, or yet not getting enough light to bud correctly. What can I do to get the flowering tents back to 12/12?? Or can I just run on 9/15 with no problem?

I'm running into an issue with my grow. One of the roommate don't leave the house till noon. Usually he leaves at 9am. This is affecting the 12/12 of the grow. Since I run a 600w, 2x 180w LED, 325w of CFL (veg closet), and portable a/c at 935w, having it all running at the same time the circus breaker goes off. This is why I use extension cords from another room to split up the consumption. With my roommate recent work schedule change I cannot run the extension cords until he leaves the house. So my 12/12 is now 9 on / 15 off. I'm just worry about the girls turning hermies, or yet not getting enough light to bud correctly. What can I do to get the flowering tents back to 12/12?? Or can I just run on 9/15 with no problem?

Hi HD - I'm not sure I'm following completely (i'm a little high too), but was this a one time thing or an ongoing thing with the roommate? If it was a one time thing I'd just get it back to what it was asap and you should be fine. I don't think going from 9 to 12 again will trigger a reveg or stall flowering - especially if it's an isolated incident. I've had a few power outages and other issues before, and have not had any issues because of them.

If it's an ongoing issue, you'll probably be okay with 9 hours of light, but missing potential yield. That's my guess, but I've never tried this.

:goodluck:

Its morning hours that he is there so is there a way you can shut off your 900+ watt AC for the extra 3 hours, Say it is off between 9-12? and then goes on for the remainder of your schedule? Since it is during the first couple hours of your light cycle your tent may remain cool enough to make it thru without sacrificing the much needed light... I know in my tent it really doesn't start heating up until about half of my 12/12 cycle, so you might be in the clear this way.....

Otherwise...are you using the 600w and LED's in the same tent...is there a way you could cut the power on the LED's for the first 3 hours of your 9-12 where roomate was there...might help a little?

Hello HighDive,
Many appliances around the house are normally not in use around those hours here are some of my thoughts, is it possible to run another ext cord to what ever outlet your microwave, dishwasher, washer/dryer, for just the 3 hours you need and then when you can just plug the other cord in as you had it. All of those appliances will be on breakers of at least 20 amp or higher. hope that helps

Made some alterations to the room.

- Switched out the 600w for 400w hps
- Turned off the blue spectrum LED, leave the reds on within the LED unit. The LED I got has that option. Pretty cool.
- Turned off the portable a/c. The tent gets up to 84F from 77F after an hour...
- Turned 1/2 the CFL lights off in the veg closet.

With the new mod I can have the room running like this for 3hrs (9am-12pm). Once my roommate leaves for work at 11:30am-12pm I'll have the extension from other rooms and have it back to full force. Will leave the 400w hps as is, and the Red spectrum LED only for the other tent. But will turn on the a/c and all the CFL in veg closet. The portable a/c is helping to get the tents down to 77F but does require extension from other room. Kinda want to leave out the a/c. This will put the tents at 84F not having to deal with the extension cords. Just in case some days the roommates comes home a few hours early, and not to mention their days off!!!

The girls will have to adapt to the tropical climate change. Like outdoor it's can get hot! heh My first time growing in the Summer with the expanded space.

Thank you guys for giving me ideas. It helped!

Made some alterations to the room.

- Switched out the 600w for 400w hps
- Turned off the blue spectrum LED, leave the reds on within the LED unit. The LED I got has that option. Pretty cool.
- Turned off the portable a/c. The tent gets up to 84F from 77F after an hour...
- Turned 1/2 the CFL lights off in the veg closet.

With the new mod I can have the room running like this for 3hrs (9am-12pm). Once my roommate leaves for work at 11:30am-12pm I'll have the extension from other rooms and have it back to full force. Will leave the 400w hps as is, and the Red spectrum LED only for the other tent. But will turn on the a/c and all the CFL in veg closet. The portable a/c is helping to get the tents down to 77F but does require extension from other room. Kinda want to leave out the a/c. This will put the tents at 84F not having to deal with the extension cords. Just in case some days the roommates comes home a few hours early, and not to mention their days off!!!

The girls will have to adapt to the tropical climate change. Like outdoor it's can get hot! heh My first time growing in the Summer with the expanded space.

Thank you guys for giving me ideas. It helped!

Glad you have a workable solution. Way to get creative and find a fix. Sucks that you have to do all that extra work, but I admire your effort and creativity greatly. :high-five:

Glad you have a workable solution. Way to get creative and find a fix. Sucks that you have to do all that extra work, but I admire your effort and creativity greatly. :high-five:

Thanks man. I think there are time for compromising. As long as the grow continues I'm happy. Just have to hold the front till winter, then it's going to be really good.

Hi Highdive, been following your grow and it is awesome!:bravo:
About your circuit breaker popping, most likley it is a 15amp breaker. You can replace the breaker with a 20amp. or see if there is anything on the circuit that you can eliminate, that is not needed. Could also run another wire from the breaker pannel to the room creating another circuit just for your room. Please be very careful about overloading a circuits because of the obvious fire hazard. I also recomend changing the breaker that has popped, a breaker gets weaker if it is overloaded too many times.
I hope this can helps. Keep up the good work!;)

Hi Highdive, been following your grow and it is awesome!:bravo:
About your circuit breaker popping, most likley it is a 15amp breaker. You can replace the breaker with a 20amp. or see if there is anything on the circuit that you can eliminate, that is not needed. Could also run another wire from the breaker pannel to the room creating another circuit just for your room. Please be very careful about overloading a circuits because of the obvious fire hazard. I also recomend changing the breaker that has popped, a breaker gets weaker if it is overloaded too many times.
I hope this can helps. Keep up the good work!;)

Thanks small420! Never changed the fuse before, will have to do some research. I'll keep the energy consumption below 10a just to be safe. Didn't really thought about this aspect before I started. Then again I started with a few CFL, now the grow has grown larger requiring more energy. heh

Thanks for the tips, I'll definitely change out the fuse.

Journal Update:

It has been a crazy week. Gotta keep the grow going and have fun while at it. Made the changes to feed the perpetual.

- Running 12/12 starting at 12am-12pm. The night provide few degrees cooler.
- Made 4-6 cuttings per strains. The previous cuttings from two weeks ago has rooted, about to transplant them in few days. Saving 1 per strain for clone factory, the rest goes into the 2L SOG cycle.
- Air Laying did not work for me. Must have messed up on one of the steps. I'm just going to stick with cuttings for right now.
- Got Vanilla Kush & Pineapple Express in 12/12 after 1 month vegging. They had some work done; LST+FIM+Topping.
- Only Red spectrum LED lights on for flowering tent #2.
- 600w to 400w hps for flowering tent #1.

MG_0444.jpg
MG_0455.jpg
MG_0463.jpg
MG_0462.jpg
MG_0469.jpg
MG_0477.jpg
MG_0495.jpg
MG_0489.jpg
MG_0494.jpg

Back
Top Bottom