Two 550 Watt LEDs on a Light Mover in a Tent

well personally i would label my plants and scatter them around with in each other, that way you have and even ballance with in the tent and you could close the door and keep the CO2 in the tent, like i said im no expert about plants but it just seems logical also i wouldnt flower the plants in your smaller tent, i would use them for cloning but thats just me. Im kinda cheap about some things and wouldnt want to spend money on seeds if i didnt have to

Also about the heat, as plants grow larger the use more water and therefore transpire more, transpiration generates heat. I know i read some where in your journal that your garage air is dirty i would put a vent fan some where on the out side of the black plastic wall and attach a small fan to it that will exhaust some air from the main grow building when the temps get too high, because if you vent from the grow tent into the larger room and dont vent it out its just gonna get moved around inside and not ever really get any cooler. Im sure you do have it vented but just throwing out anything that might be some how helpful

Ok, here's another video update...

I think I have the temps under control now. I think it peaks at about 86 in the morning when the CO2 is blasting without the other fans on for the first 2.5 hours, but after that it stays at around 80-83 in during the day, and down to 73-76 at night. If it starts getting much cooler at night I'm going to have to start running the heater again though.

I want to get a discussion going about pruning, specifically pruning the bottoms up, or lollypopping. I'm trying to figure out how much to take off, I'll probably try a few different things but I wanted to get some opinions first.

Thanks, and enjoy! :popcorn:

YouTube - LED Grow Journal 12/13/2010

The girls are looking good, as far as the watering goes next time i would put them on a drip system. that way when they exploed late in the flowering cycle you wont damage any of the buds by having to move them around much. Honestly i would instal a drip system after you get done pruning

Things looks great on your grow!

As far as pruning, I have found every plant and every strain is different. It will be trial and error to figure out what will work best for you and your strain. After popping a couple of plants off of the same strain and you have tried different things, you will learn to read the plants and know what will work best. I just started 2 new strains, harvested 1 batch and got lucky. I had the nutes dialed in and know what to do different for the next go around. Like I said, it is all trial and error to see what is best. Good luck dude!!!

Hey Leonardo,

As stated by the previous poster, every strain is different and there is always trial and error in the first effort. What you have so far looks excellent. Great example of the LED potential. Keep up the good work! j

Looking good. :bong:

Re:pruning
YOu have plenty to experiment with so just do some different stuff for the sake of learning.

Less is more. :cool:

:popcorn:

Thanks for the advice! I think you guys are right about pruning. I'll just trim some more than others based on what looks and feels right, hopefully I don't mess things up too bad and learn what works best.

I take it you're not interested in growing your own clones.

Typically, what you took off is used for clones. So a lot of plants will look just like that due to giving up a clone or two each, ie.. normal.

Were you after the fan leaves or the branches or both?

Obviously you won't want to be cutting off branches once it starts budding and thinning some of the bigger light blocking fan leaves will be in order some time in the future.

JMO that any cutting like that will set it back a little bit, how much I'm not sure but expect it to go into shock a little bit over the trauma. The more you mess with them the longer they will take and opinion again is that you risk getting more herms.

So, give em water......:morenutes: & let em go.............

Looking good meng. :cheer:

:popcorn:

Saturn, I'm definitely interested in growing my own mothers and taking clones, I've got 3 in the small veg tent now, I also got some seeds last week that I'll be starting soon. My problem is I don't have much space, I think I'll need to move or find another location soon.

I was just trimming off the lower branches, I cut off a few fan leaves that had water damage, but that was about it. I think I'm done with the pruning for now, I hope I didn't hurt them too much and they don't go into shock.
:yummy:

They look good, now sit back and watch them fill that tent. :popcorn:

They will get more thirsty as they get bigger.

Yeah, all we can do is wait now...:popcorn:

Here's a couple panorama pics I took today to help us pass the time.

PanVeg.jpg

PanFlower.jpg

Looking good len.... :cheer:

How often do you water?

If my guess is correct you'll be watering once daily near the last part of the grow. Maybe twice IF your temps are on the high side (over 80) ?

The plastic pots will need much less water but still will be thirsty if they're growing good.

The media you chose offers great response time to any problems but the downside is it needs to be watered often. And the pots just make that matter worse, or should I say it improves response time. :grinjoint:

Remember way back when, I asked about the watering.........now you're seeing why I asked.

Yours might be a good candidate for gravity fed system? It would improve things but not completely solve the watering needs.

I think the best way to tell how they're doing with water is by picking up the pot and you can tell if it's wet or dry or whatever. Some say they can't tell, you have to tune yourself to the differences. One gallon weighs aprox. 8.34lbs, for a test you could use a couple of 2lb dumbells set on the pot, it is almost the same as 1/2 gallon.

Jus trippin.......:smokin:

Saturn, I've been watering every 5-6 days, but just noticed that I need to increase that to 3-4, and I would imagine more frequently as they get bigger, until probably every day. I think I can get a good idea who's thirsty now by weight, and the bigger girls in the middle are drinking a lot more then those on the edges. So going forward, I think I'll water when one or more seem a little light, and just give the ones on the side less.

I'm also recycling the dehumidified water now, it seems fine and I'll start using more and more with each watering going forward. This should make it easier for me to water more frequently too, since I have to buy water many miles away and schlep it in there.

YuP... Shes looking good there Len, For Sure...

Yeah getting water sucks, Whats the ppm on your water, that makes you buy your water...Or have to get it truck in anyways..?

Yup,I can see someone who is going to have their hands full very shortly,Hope ya got help :)

Looking good!

Well, howzit growin? :morenutes:

Back
Top Bottom