Two Arrested In Separate Pot Grow Operations

420 Warrior

Passing the smell test took on new meaning for two Rockdale County residents over the weekend after the strong odor of marijuana coming from their houses led to their arrests.

In two unrelated incidents, authorities obtained search warrants based on the smell of marijuana that emanated from houses on River Brook Way and Johnson Road and discovered marijuana grow operations inside.

According to Rockdale County Sheriff's Office Investigator Michael Camp, the first arrest occurred Saturday afternoon after a River Brook Way woman called 911 to report a disturbance. The deputy who responded noticed the "overwhelming smell" of marijuana as he approached the house. Inside, the smell was even stronger.

Camp said officers with the RCSO Narcotics and Vice Unit were notified and a search warrant for the house was obtained.

In the basement officers discovered more than 200 marijuana plants and all the equipment needed to grow the plants. Investigators with the Georgia Bureau of Investigation were called to the scene to help ID and collect all the drug paraphernalia, according to Camp.

Charged in connection with the incident was Kimberly Keiyiottea Foxworth, 33, of 1537 River Brook Way. Foxworth was charged with one count of purchase, possession, manufacture, distribution or sale of marijuana. She was released from the Rockdale County Jail Tuesday on $10,000 bond.

Camp said investigation is ongoing into whether or not other people who were living in the house but who were not there at the time of the search will be charged.

In the second arrest, a deputy was called to Johnson Road at about 6 p.m. Sunday in response to a report of an aggressive dog running through the neighborhood.

Deputies tracked the dog to its owner at 1337 Johnson Road. As deputies spoke with the resident and another person outside the house, they "immediately can smell the strong odor of marijuana coming from that residence," said Camp.

A search warrant for the house was obtained. Camp said investigators found 1.5 pounds of harvested marijuana inside and all the equipment needed to grow the illegal plant.

David Smith, 47, was arrested and charged with purchase, possession, manufacture, distribution or sale of marijuana and conspiracy to violate the Georgia Controlled Substances Act.

In addition, investigators discovered that Smith was wanted on a March 2011 warrant that was issued after he allegedly sold marijuana to undercover officers. Camp said Smith had moved after the undercover buy took place and investigators had been unable to locate him until Sunday.

pothouse_t300.jpg

News Hawk - 420 Warrior 420 MAGAZINE
Source: Rockdale Citizen
Author: Alice Queen
Copyright: © Copyright 2012 Rockdale Citizen

that is one reason why i never call the law.

Hey 420, I did a search for university of mississippi marijuana. found lot's of info on their site. excelent video about the prohibition and how it's not working on there. it would be nice to get that video on here. maybe even post the link in the appropriate thread.
go get it hawk. i'll send a link

Hey 420, I did a search for university of mississippi marijuana. found lot's of info on their site. excelent video about the prohibition and how it's not working on there. it would be nice to get that video on here. maybe even post the link in the appropriate thread.

Cool! Good lookin' out bro!!! :goodjob::thanks:

Bring it on brother!!! :Namaste:

I'll dig up some news about MS to post as well. ;)

did you get the link in your email?

I guess I am just getting old and sour.
I get pissed off at things like this, probably not for the same reasons as most.
These people that got arrested just give those of us wanting to grow for meds and caregivers a bad name.
"Woman called 911 to report a disturbance" keep a low profile (Dummies)
"The deputy who responded noticed the "overwhelming smell" of marijuana"
They make carbon filters for that RESPECT YOUR NEIGHBORS

"aggressive dog running through the neighborhood"
Jezzzz talk about out of control RESPECT YOUR NEIGHBORS
"they "immediately can smell the strong odor of marijuana coming from that residence"
FILTERS RESPECT YOUR NEIGHBORS
"Smith was wanted on a March 2011 warrant that was issued after he allegedly sold marijuana"
Talk about a loser
I feel no pain for either of these arrests.

So, no mention of if they had a license to grow, or if the agencies responding are state or federal... if they have a license and are growing meds, wouldn't it have to be a federal agency (due to federal law, f#ck@d as they are), or is medical mj not allowed in that state? I guess I should assume they did not have a license since that was not mentioned, or should assume the state doesn't allow medical mj and they were state agencies. I agree they should have had more respect for the neighbors by deodorizing, and should have used more caution. That being said the prohibition needs to end, period. It makes so called "criminals" of otherwise law abiding, tax paying citizens of a so called "free" country, and that's not right, or smart on behalf of the fed. Some people totally respect their authority but disagree with some of the ancient, backward legislation like prohibition, and are forced to become labeled a criminal just to have something we should have and have fought and died for....freedom. You can't legislate common sense, look at alcohol (the current abuse and failed prohibition). Cannabis should be treated like alcohol as for the laws, for our safety. I believe Cannabis could save the country, the economy and the environment.

if it weren't for the idiots growing and getting caught, then the other people who are smart about it wouldn't be able to enjoy their harmless hobby.. It's a shame the law isn't on our side, but we can at least appreciate the distraction we have on our side

So, no mention of if they had a license to grow, or if the agencies responding are state or federal... if they have a license and are growing meds, wouldn't it have to be a federal agency (due to federal law, f#ck@d as they are), or is medical mj not allowed in that state? I guess I should assume they did not have a license since that was not mentioned, or should assume the state doesn't allow medical mj and they were state agencies. I agree they should have had more respect for the neighbors by deodorizing, and should have used more caution. That being said the prohibition needs to end, period. It makes so called "criminals" of otherwise law abiding, tax paying citizens of a so called "free" country, and that's not right, or smart on behalf of the fed. Some people totally respect their authority but disagree with some of the ancient, backward legislation like prohibition, and are forced to become labeled a criminal just to have something we should have and have fought and died for....freedom. You can't legislate common sense, look at alcohol (the current abuse and failed prohibition). Cannabis should be treated like alcohol as for the laws, for our safety. I believe Cannabis could save the country, the economy and the environment.

Sorry man, This is Georgia we're talking about.

There is no such thing as "Cannabis as medicine" here in this "War Zone" state!

The FED's don't even need to get involved here, they're are plenty of "Gung Ho" cops to handle it...Believe me!!!

We live in utter fear for our lives here and are forced to live on the fringe of society with no help or recourse! That's just a way of life for us, my friends...Sad, ain't it?

I guess I am just getting old and sour.
I get pissed off at things like this, probably not for the same reasons as most.
These people that got arrested just give those of us wanting to grow for meds and caregivers a bad name.
"Woman called 911 to report a disturbance" keep a low profile (Dummies)
"The deputy who responded noticed the "overwhelming smell" of marijuana"
They make carbon filters for that RESPECT YOUR NEIGHBORS

"aggressive dog running through the neighborhood"
Jezzzz talk about out of control RESPECT YOUR NEIGHBORS
"they "immediately can smell the strong odor of marijuana coming from that residence"
FILTERS RESPECT YOUR NEIGHBORS
"Smith was wanted on a March 2011 warrant that was issued after he allegedly sold marijuana"
Talk about a loser
I feel no pain for either of these arrests.

Well Brother, their's no account for common sense, for sure!

To their defense though; Here in GA, it doesn't take much to get popped, because the cops are out in full force and are just itching for a chance to make a grow bust...They just love it!

These guys just didn't exercise enough precautions and cover their tracks well enough, which certainly reeks of "amateur hour" to me. ;)

Less than a joint= 4 years probation, monthly testing by a "probation service" that is owned by the Rockdale county judges plus $4k in fines to the "probation service." That is Rockdale cty. The cop that stopped me was begged by "backups" to throw the weed in the ditch and not ruin my life. Agressive little rookie cop wanted the drug bust more. Never been in front of a judge more abusive, agressive and taunting in my life. That is one corrupt county in Georgia. 5 miles down the road in the next county is usually a small fine, no probation.

red can you send me the link ads i used to live in ms and worked near the collages.
tyvm
papaduckie

Less than a joint= 4 years probation, monthly testing by a "probation service" that is owned by the Rockdale county judges plus $4k in fines to the "probation service." That is Rockdale cty. The cop that stopped me was begged by "backups" to throw the weed in the ditch and not ruin my life. Agressive little rookie cop wanted the drug bust more. Never been in front of a judge more abusive, agressive and taunting in my life. That is one corrupt county in Georgia. 5 miles down the road in the next county is usually a small fine, no probation.

Yepper...That sounds like the "War Zone" to me!!!

That's not too far off from what Harris Co. did to me, for a roach, that all the weed had fallen out of, even!...just the paper with residue and...POP!!! Possession under an ounce! Thank God it was my first offence or they would have torn me an even bigger one than they did!!!...lol --> but not really --> lol...More like, GRRR!!!

I feel for all of you.
We are in California central coast.
I had been parked at the beach and had a toak.
Took a nap and went home.
Later the wife went shopping and was stopped for a tail light.
The officer said he smelled pot. the wife told him we both smoked on occation.
He ask if she had smoked in the last hour, she said no.
He said have a nice day and let her go on her way.
Don't smoke in the car any more.
I do wish you well and can only hope things chang for the better.

I feel for all of you.
We are in California central coast.
I had been parked at the beach and had a toak.
Took a nap and went home.
Later the wife went shopping and was stopped for a tail light.
The officer said he smelled pot. the wife told him we both smoked on occation.
He ask if she had smoked in the last hour, she said no.
He said have a nice day and let her go on her way.
Don't smoke in the car any more.
I do wish you well and can only hope things chang for the better.

Thanks brother, maybe one day?

I think it could happen if we could just get people involved...I mean seriously involved here!!!

I'm not sure if it's just laziness or just plain fear but what ever it is, needs to stop!!!

I'll tell y'all something...If and when Alabama passes their MMJ law? Guess where I'll be relocating and taking my votes to? :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom