Two Level Grow Room WIP

flytier

Ok, so I guess I probably should have taken a "before" picture, but anyway...

This is Stage 2 of my setup. Stage 1 consisted of this alcove with a small upper shelf, covered by a blanket. It's the part of the kitchen where the fridge used to be, but it now has a more practical application. It sports a full two levels for veg and flowering (or seedling and further advanced, whatever) and a removable dummy wall, although the wall part is still pretty obvious to even a simple-minded moron. I'm on a split mind as to how I want to finish the cover; I'm thinking either hinges or a slide.

If anyone has any suggestions or pictures of their grow room that is hidden in plain sight, any ideas would be highly appreciated and perhaps followed up on.

DSCI0810a.jpg

Here's some updated pictures on the grow room. It's kind of hard to see, but the partial shelf on top was replaced with an entire top layer. Easier to see are all of the extra lights, and the tinfoil was replaced with much safer plastic sheeting. Not shown in the original picture was the blanket I had covering it, but it's now covered by a rudimentary dummy wall. The power bars are hung off the wall now instead of being on shelf/floor levels, thereby keeping it from the water. It's coming along.
IMG_20170513_193907.jpg
IMG_20170513_194005.jpg
IMG_20170513_193930.jpg

Here's some updated pictures on the grow room. It's kind of hard to see, but the partial shelf on top was replaced with an entire top layer. Easier to see are all of the extra lights, and the tinfoil was replaced with much safer plastic sheeting. Not shown in the original picture was the blanket I had covering it, but it's now covered by a rudimentary dummy wall. The power bars are hung off the wall now instead of being on shelf/floor levels, thereby keeping it from the water. It's coming along.
IMG_20170513_193907.jpg
IMG_20170513_194005.jpg
IMG_20170513_193930.jpg
Flytier,

Dude, love your handle. I spent several winters wrapping feathers chenille and such around steelhead irons and tubes chasing​ natives along Oregon's coast and summers on the D and John Day.

Any way, do some measurements and figure that your light source is going to always be about 12-18" away from your girls. The average plant is about 3-5 feet tall. That is measured from the top of your bucket. I think you are going to run out of room.

Gauge

If you still have the doors to the shelves you can rip them and glue them back together so they are the proper width. Use some 1x4s or whatever you got to screw to the back to hold them together and keep them straight. Mount them as they were. Bingo! if your new cab door isn't too thick, you. Could use the old doors to mount on top of your current cab door, then get a piece of plywood and do the above on the right side but omit the 1x4s. Good luck.

Gauge

420-magazine-mobile822951292.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1966023073.jpg

Flytier,

Dude, love your handle. I spent several winters wrapping feathers chenille and such around steelhead irons and tubes chasing​ natives along Oregon's coast and summers on the D and John Day.

Any way, do some measurements and figure that your light source is going to always be about 12-18" away from your girls. The average plant is about 3-5 feet tall. That is measured from the top of your bucket. I think you are going to run out of room.

Gauge

Hey guage,

most of my flies are for brookies. So far, my plants are pretty low. I'm doing LST on it and I can't seem to get good growth yet anyway. If need be, I can take the top shelf out easily enough. It's made for K.I.S.S.

Flytier,

Gauge

Hey guage,

most of my flies are for brookies. So far, my plants are pretty low. I'm doing LST on it and I can't seem to get good growth yet anyway. If need be, I can take the top shelf out easily enough. It's made for K.I.S.S.
Glad you got a plan. Hope your plants take off.
Gauge

So we are chasing the same type of fish. Are your brookies sea run?

They are both sea run and landlocked in the same river. Matter of fact, the sea trout are in the river now. I just need some time to get to them. I think I have Friday off so I should head there at sun-up. I use a little beetle tied on a #14 or #16 hook. Drives 'em nuts.

Ok, I just came to the realization that I need to do some more work on this. I recently put 2 plants on 12/12, not switching on until 9:00 AM. I'm on my first day off since doing so and I realize now that I can't get at my 24/0 plants first thing in the morning. Gotta divide the cover to the room so I don't go nuts. I still have over an hour to go before I can open up.

Mornings are now so boring.

Back
Top Bottom