Two Opponents of Massachusetts Marijuana Decrim Support CORI Reform?

Thread starter #1

Ganjarden

Nug of the Month: Aug 2008
CORI is a criminal record database in Massachusetts used to deny working class people jobs over past arrests for life over things like one medical joint.

On the one hand, I'm glad that both the Governor Deval Patrick and Boston Mayor Menino support CORI reform, but to me it's simply a sellout instead of doing the things that really need to be done.

Such as this.

No more arrests for anybody else for victimless crimes in the first place?

Neither would support even a small part of that with marijuana decrim, Question 2.

Now both are up for re-election with real competition and a downslope in voter support.

And they are simply using this issue to bring in some votes/support?

CORI Reform is a bad joke offering sealed records that aren't really sealed and bills that have not been passed in previous "pushes" by the Governor.

"Pushes"? Yes, because we've witnessed the Governor mouth the words over his term a few times but nothing more. Never enough to push the weak CORI bills anywhere.

Mayor Tom Menino and Governor Deval Patrick grade on marijuana reform, D- .

I am being extremely charitable today but aware that friends of mine will say they deserve an F.

NewsHawk: Ganjarden: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: MikeCann.net
Copyright: 2010 MikeCann.net
Website: Two Opponents of Massachusetts Marijuana Decrim Support CORI Reform? Boston Mayor Menino and Governor Patrick Play For Votes

* Thanks to MedicalNeed for submitting this article