Two Philips Daylight 315s - Six Secret Jardin 22W/55W LED Strips - Four Painkiller XL

Re: Two Philips Daylight 315s - Six Secret Jardin 22W/55W LED Strips - Four Painkille

Hey Dog,
Do you plan any defo at any time?
They look great just thick!
GR

Re: Two Philips Daylight 315s - Six Secret Jardin 22W/55W LED Strips - Four Painkille

Hey Dog,
Do you plan any defo at any time?
They look great just thick!
GR

Hi mate

Yes definitely - I'm waiting til next week, gonna dedoliate a fair amount - gonna choose the best 30 or so best tops on each plant to keep and strip the rest away to let the light in, then put a SCROG net up and take all the lower growth out too

Ok so i have just been in and defoliated and also laid out the SCROG net tonight

Here's a few shots just before I did it - 12 days into bloom

I hadn't done any defoliating so far, just a load of LST and let them fill out as much as possible

20171018_224301.jpg
20171018_224253.jpg
20171018_224244.jpg

And after :-

20171019_000038.jpg

20171019_000046.jpg

Kept all the strongest growth, thinned out the smaller shoots from inside the middle
Laid the net, spaced all the lovely new formed buds out :)

20171019_000149.jpg
20171019_000117.jpg
20171019_000111.jpg

Good start to the flowering, they are budding nicely

20171019_000403.jpg
20171019_000359.jpg

Messed up and almost snapped off a branch :/
Had to tie it back together with wire ;)

20171019_000056.jpg

I've got metal poles down the side of the SCROG net to pull the elastic wider and wooden pole at the front cos it's too tight space wise in the room to get a metal pole along the front of the net

20171019_000139.jpg

I have never supercropped before but decided to supercrop last night on the stems that were at least a couple inches taller then average

Was a bit nervous not wanting to mess things up but knowing what recovery powers these babies have I went for it and did about 20 or so of the tallest

Managed to half snap a couple and had to fix them with tape

Left em all night and went back in with my green head torch today - they have started their recovery already

I had heard that the super cropping will make the stems stronger and allow bigger buds, also that the buds slightly lower down the stem will develop into main buds as well as the top buds

Pics to follow :)

Nice one Tunks - i nearly shat it when i almost broke a couple stems off but as long as they hanging on they can be taped all good

i wonder how the fuk they manage to thrive on a broken stem but i guess they only must need a small proportion of their pipework to carry fluids around themselves

gonna bob in and grab a few shots now of the super cropping :)

Here's a shot showing the difference 24 hours can make - compare this with yesterday, it's way more filled out over the SCROG

20171019_225137.jpg

I've tried to get some super crop shots - there are some that I super cropped yesterday when i did all the defoliation and there are a few more i did just this afternoon when they were in the dark

you can see how quick the supercrops from yesterday have recovered and started to bend back towards the light

it always amazes me just how quick they can react given the right conditions

the extra ones i did today are still flopped down

20171019_225156.jpg
20171019_225330.jpg
20171019_225242.jpg
20171019_225355.jpg

20171019_225411.jpg

these last two shots you can see where i taped em up to fix a fukup
20171019_225253.jpg

check out the bend on this one, amazing powers of recovery eh
20171019_225423.jpg

Looking great as always mate. They had a nice haircut! Will be enjoying the extra breeze I reckon! Kudos for the supercropping. They'll have some nice big knuckles to show off soon enough. Can't wait for the flower show!

Do you think I did it right btw? have never SC'd, not sure if i did it far enuff down or too high up the stems

If you super crop early the lateral branches will turn up and create new colas. No right or wrong way i guess as long as you reach your goal as far as number of colas and even canopy.

Do you think I did it right btw? have never SC'd, not sure if i did it far enuff down or too high up the stems
Looks fine to me but I'm pretty new to doing it myself. Each time I've bent a stem it has been in different spots depending on where it's sitting in the canopy. They all just pop back up again anyway haha

Looking great DW!! Don't know how you get that canopy so full, it's really taking up the full 5x5! I'm lucky to get 3x4 full in my room, I think that's from 2 months from seed under a 250 HPS in a small space. Just don't quite have the size come flip time.

We are 1 day apart with the flip if you went on the Saturday, mine went on the Sunday. Loving the results of my new 315 daylight agro that I keep the front 2 under. They look happier than the 2 at the back that have a full 600w HPS to themselves!!
420-magazine-mobile1936712786.jpg
g

Looks fine to me but I'm pretty new to doing it myself. Each time I've bent a stem it has been in different spots depending on where it's sitting in the canopy. They all just pop back up again anyway haha

mate this has been comedy - almost like beating them down with cricket bats wouldn't even work

i found they spring right back up unless u seriously fuk up their stem and that is a close game lol

got some pics to show the canopy

I have tried to show some super cropping in these pics - it isn't easy to see

They can spring right up the next day - some of the super cropped branches look like steps, where they have been bend and turned back up and bent down again and turned back again

I have tried to bend just above a bud so that the bending allows more light onto the lower buds and hopefully they develop larger

Some of the super cropped branches look like they might turn into half a dozen big ass buds just on that one branch - we all see how they turn out - i have stopped bending em now, wanna let em focus on bud development now

The canopy is well even, nice and flat - can drop the lights down nice and close

Temps at the canopy have not gone past 28C with this new venting system - I am very happy about that - the growing environment is very regular now - keeping their night time temp around 19C

Changed the 315 bulbs over this weekend - from blue to red - now that the stretch has pretty much done it is time for them to focus on flowering - they are started on this very well

Also I defoliated half a carrier bag full of fan leaves this weekend too, now that the buds are coming forwards properly i wanted to make sure that they can all see the light directly

20171024_215923.jpg
20171024_215813.jpg
20171024_215737.jpg
20171024_215731.jpg
20171024_215716.jpg
20171024_215711.jpg

20171024_215932.jpg
20171024_215911.jpg
20171024_215701.jpg

Looking great DW!! Don’t know how you get that canopy so full, it’s really taking up the full 5x5! I’m lucky to get 3x4 full in my room, I think that’s from 2 months from seed under a 250 HPS in a small space. Just don’t quite have the size come flip time.

We are 1 day apart with the flip if you went on the Saturday, mine went on the Sunday. Loving the results of my new 315 daylight agro that I keep the front 2 under. They look happier than the 2 at the back that have a full 600w HPS to themselves!!

Hi CombatWombat :) thanks for the props

your canopy is looking pretty full and even tho bud! good effort :)

IMHO it is all about the training and a bit of patience - do you do a lot of LST? i bend mine out a load in veg, use wire loops to train em to do far & wide rather than up tall

I kept a watch out to make sure i had at least 20 good shoots that would turn into flowers on each plant before i flipped em

Hi CombatWombat :) thanks for the props

your canopy is looking pretty full and even tho bud! good effort :)

IMHO it is all about the training and a bit of patience - do you do a lot of LST? i bend mine out a load in veg, use wire loops to train em to do far & wide rather than up tall

I kept a watch out to make sure i had at least 20 good shoots that would turn into flowers on each plant before i flipped em

It's close enough I suppose, but I think that they must need vegged longer. I'm in the 15l autopots as well which might be holding things back a little. I do a lot of LST in veg, then when I flip I just try to place them all out evenly under the screen. I didn't defoliate nearly as much this time, last time I stripped loads of leaves and smaller buds under the screen so I only got big dense buds, but all quality and not much real quantity!

When i placed the net over i did my best to slide it down as far as possible - not so much defoliating myself this time either

Yup vegging to the right size first is key - it's a fine line tho, left it a bit late last time and ended up with chest height monsters!

Back
Top Bottom