Two Random Seed Females in 5 Gallon Buckets w/ CFLs

Agathon89

Hey! Hows it going? Ive read this forum for awhile and now that ive finally got the space, i figured that id post on here. Any advice is GREATLY appreciated.

Simple Setup:

2 5 Gallon Buckets filled with dark black soil from walmart.

2 Random Seeds outta some good mid.

Lighting: 4 23w spiral energy efficient CFLs.

Ok. I started my grow for personal reasons. I have a
family so i cant spend much money on chronic. Im trying to grow my own green for the first time.

I started my plants about a month ago. I kept them on 24/7 light till today. Ive let them sleep for 8 hrs.
In my case, one of the seeds turned out to be a nice willowy sativa. The other turned out to be a fat leafed Indica. The sativa has many white hairlike pistils. The Indica still hasnt sexed but it smells really dank. Absolutely no sign of male pollen pods.
Ive FIMed both plants over 2 weeks ago. The results were way more colas on the sativa while the indica only gained 1 additional cola.

I plan to upgrade my lighting and acquire a light timer in 2 weeks. Ive got to make do until then. Im gonna put them in darkness for 6 hrs every day until i get the automatic timer. I gotta remember. Lol.

I am on an extremely limited budget. This being my first grow, its more of an experiment.

I could use some help picking a decent price bulb on amazon.

Any and all tips (especially those tips that help increase yield) are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

:welcome: Agathon89! First, I'd take everything you've just written and post it in 420 Lounge tab under "Introduce Yourself". You're already started so possibly think about starting a grow journal too. Once I did that, I had tons of expert growers helping me out... it made ALL the difference in my grow. Without knowing more I'd advise you to upgrade your lights.. at least the wattage... for starters. I'd recommend going with at least 100W equivalent bulbs for CFLs. I got all of my bulbs which are mostly 150 and 200 watt equivalent CFLs at Walmart. The 200s are a little pricy (about $12 each) but the 100's can be bought in a box of 4 pretty cheap! Hope this helps and I'm looking forward to seeing your grow. Good Luck! :peace:

Hey mate, i use CFL s for raising sprouts til ready or big enough for more light. They always respond well to the 6500k CFL s imo, showing good healthy growth and fairly big quickly .. Youll need enough to provide ur plant good light, i usually have 4 going before changing to MH/ HPS.. Good luck, Smokemup

just strolling thru. but i see one problem you might have later. Walmart dirt. not good for these kinda of plants. they are really hard on PH levels. most seedlings have hard time in dirt with high PH. probably going to turn yellow on you soon. or chem burn . be careful and get some good dirt. with ph level around 5-6 and that nothing you can buy at walley world.. or any lumber company. i suggest something like fox farm for beginners.

Hey!! I know its been awhile. Im still growing the 2 plants i mentioned in my original post. I also have a 3rd plant now. Its a recovered Indica that had a rough childhood at my neighbors. A bit slow at first bits its growing nicely now. All 3 are in 5 gallon buckets. Ive got all the plant buckets in a corner growing into a canopy. A corner of green. The lighting i have really sucks but youd be suprised how well my plants are doing under them. Ive got a bendable lamp with a big spiral cfl bulb in it hanging overhead as well as a plant light bulb from walmart in one of them aluminum reflectors. It hangs above them also. Kinda a central SUN kinda.ive also got 2 more lamps on the sides of the plants. Both equipped with a splitter allowing it to hold 2 bulbs instead of 1. All 4 are big spiral walmart cfls... still surrounded by tinfoil on the sides and walmart soil. Oh and i water it with Boiled water that i let cool overnight. My tap water sucks. I also have ithe lights on a timer. 18 on. 6 off at the moment. Goes off at 2am. Comes back on at 8am. Im thinking about switchin to 12/12 soon as i think im happy with the size of them. All females.

Back
Top Bottom