Two separate problems - Inexperienced grower - Nitrogen def?

hickton45

Hi guys, I'm a first time growing and i've got a couple of little problems with my young plants. some of the leaves tips start turning yellow and then seem to curl up and eventually die. I think this is an N deficiency so I've started feeding them nutrients.

The other problem is one of my plants is just growing in the most irregular way, with one leave much bigger than the others, and very asymmetrical.

6DPjxqe.jpg

O9xFvFm.jpg

Thanks

Yeah it's not N deficiency IMO. Feeding more probably isn't going to help. Not that I'm a deficiency expert. But with an N def the leaves don't crisp up like that or turn that strange color. The leaves just turn yellow, fairly evenly, starting with the lower leaves. However, I can't be much help because I don't know what the cause is. I've seen some people fight problems that looked a bit like that, in those cases it was because they had extremely shitty soil to start with.
The odd shaped plant could possible just be a mutant, as they're generally called around here. Once in a while you'll get a seedling that grows all crazy looking like that. Sometimes they grow out of it as they get older.

You will get more help if you post the pics here. Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Thanks for all your replies. I went and picked up a moisture meter today, and low and behold they were at the maximum "wet" setting. Will definitely lay off watering for several days until that drops back down.

I'm Using Pro-Mix soil, so I don't think bad soil is the problem. But then again what do I know.

The stuff that looks like fungus is just soil. Weird light I guess.

Thanks for all your replies. I went and picked up a moisture meter today, and low and behold they were at the maximum "wet" setting. Will definitely lay off watering for several days until that drops back down.

I'm Using Pro-Mix soil, so I don't think bad soil is the problem. But then again what do I know.

The stuff that looks like fungus is just soil. Weird light I guess.

sounds good i was a little worry about the soil lol sound like you got it all fix now good luck

Back
Top Bottom