Twox - Birthday Cake - Purple Urkle - BlackBerry - A Reveg & More

Moxie lemon OG from seed harvest results..

Yelid, 48.2 in nugs, smoked all the popcorn, over 2oz easy.

She had a fantastic growth pattern and some nice trichomes. She has a little fox tailing from being to close to the light I think. They were 12 inches or less away. I have moved my light up since then to give my plants a little more space.

She stinks but not like lemon, not really citrus more like a strong incense with a sting to the nostrils. She's super stoney but not as strong as the BlackBerry. She's got a nice density and smokes smothered so I'm happy.. Viper city Og 13 comes down in 8 days so I'm good on smoke until then. Orkas have about 3 weeks left so I'm going to be smoking a lot more than I usually do, =)

20160822_163713.jpg

20160822_164941.jpg

20160822_164726.jpg

20160822_165013.jpg

20160822_165030.jpg

20160822_164854.jpg

20160822_164746.jpg

20160822_164444.jpg

20160822_164648.jpg

You could always run a reveg or cut flowering clones. Clones don't need much light at all, they can live in a box or a cuboard for a few weeks with a weak light above them. Maybe if you cut clones the 4th or fifth week of flower they would be ready for your next run.

Here's a pic at my attempt at flowering clones, I cut these more than 2 weeks ago and they are starting to root I think. I want to start a journal on them once I know they are rooted. 3 blackberry and 3 VCOG13.

20160820_181429.jpg

I didn't know you could take cuts off flowering plants, someone told me that they would just root and grow into single colas instead of branching off.

Looks like some nice hash

I didn't know you could take cuts off flowering plants, someone told me that they would just root and grow into single colas instead of branching off.

Looks like some nice hash

Thanx, this was my first time trying iso, I usually run bubble bags.

search/ Google Monster Cropping ( Sorry, I don't like linking to other sites)
I figured it might work for you since you don't really have a veg space and they take time. They seem to take longer to root and you have to wait for them to reveg . Might work and they would be ready and small when you finally have your veg lights running again. I liked my reveg but this is my first time with a flowering clone. I'm excited to see them grow. I'm also thinking about revegging my VCOG again.

Orka update:

These five ladies just hit week 5 of flowering and they all smell great and are getting some nice frost. All of them seem similar with small differences in growth except one that has extra thick pistols. I like her and she has nice spacing so I'm thinking she might be my keeper. They all have a sweet clean smell just like my last Orkas so I'm excited because my last batch was really good and was a favorite among friends and family..

4 of the Orkas all lined up... kinda hard to get pics with 12 pots in the tent
20160822_195950.jpg

Lots of frost, each pic is from a different Orka
20160822_195903.jpg

20160822_195853.jpg

20160822_195832.jpg

20160822_195812.jpg

20160822_195752.jpg

My favorite so far, nice thick hairs....
20160822_195845.jpg

Thanx, this was my first time trying iso, I usually run bubble bags.

search/ Google Monster Cropping ( Sorry, I don't like linking to other sites)
I figured it might work for you since you don't really have a veg space and they take time. They seem to take longer to root and you have to wait for them to reveg . Might work and they would be ready and small when you finally have your veg lights running again. I liked my reveg but this is my first time with a flowering clone. I'm excited to see them grow. I'm also thinking about revegging my VCOG again.
Oh okay I see what you mean. Yeah I guess I don't really need them to root that fast or anything since I'm not trying to do a cyclical harvest. I won't mind some down time after next harvest. :p

I have been pondering a lot of ways to make a little clone/veg area, but I am trying to find a way to do it without spending very much (i.e. any) money. Is a 100 W CFL overkill you think? I have a perfect little spot right next to my 4x4 tent, but I don't want the light to keep me awake and to keep my cats away from them.

Was thinking just getting a really big wardrobe box from uhaul would work though, really big area for them and I mean, they can't charge that much for them it's just a box.

Oh okay I see what you mean. Yeah I guess I don't really need them to root that fast or anything since I'm not trying to do a cyclical harvest. I won't mind some down time after next harvest. :p

I have been pondering a lot of ways to make a little clone/veg area, but I am trying to find a way to do it without spending very much (i.e. any) money. Is a 100 W CFL overkill you think? I have a perfect little spot right next to my 4x4 tent, but I don't want the light to keep me awake and to keep my cats away from them.

Was thinking just getting a really big wardrobe box from uhaul would work though, really big area for them and I mean, they can't charge that much for them it's just a box.

A 100 watt cfl would be fine. I do recommend a humidity dome for clones but I had mine under a 200 watt t5 and they did fine. You don't even need the light directly over the clones for them to root. It's definetly worth a try, especially if you wanted to keep growing that delicious looking Blackberry kush.

A 100 watt cfl would be fine. I do recommend a humidity dome for clones but I had mine under a 200 watt t5 and they did fine. You don't even need the light directly over the clones for them to root. It's definetly worth a try, especially if you wanted to keep growing that delicious looking Blackberry kush.

Sweet, I have a bunch of 100w CFLs that are great for veg. If I got a big enough box, I could probably make a decent veg chamber too. I'm thinking about passing out some cuttings of it too, everybody loves this stuff. Hopefully that way if I lose my cuts or something I can get some off a friend. At the moment I have like 8 seedlings of them germinated and only 5 pots to plant in -_- I am thinking about giving away some seedlings just to secure that lineage.

:partyboy: Birthday Cake and Purple Urkle update
My they grow quick.. this is 10 days into flowering and and it looks like they're starting to bud already. Everything is going well except birthday cake has some very slender stems and small leaves and she's having a hard time holding up her weight on her own so I added a bamboo cage around her for some support.

Blackberrys, they are much bigger than my last grow with her... yum
20160828_200427.jpg

Birthday Cake going crazy...
20160828_200459.jpg

20160828_200534.jpg

Bday cake with her new cage...
20160828_201542.jpg

20160828_201531.jpg

20160828_201926.jpg

Purple Urkle looking good with some nice node spacing
20160828_201803.jpg

20160828_201844.jpg

Purple Urkle looking small compare to the blackberrys
20160828_201908.jpg

Viper og update

She's all chopped and dried she just needs a little time curing. I tried to get more pics of the harvest but the pics came out blurry.

She was a reveg and I think due to the amount of tops the yeild was about half of what she originally yielded. The nugs are also smaller so I won't be running another reveg. I'm kinda disadisappointin her yeild but oh welll.
20160901_223742.png
20160829_184735.jpg
20160830_151944.jpg
20160830_152105.jpg

Made some iso out of half her fresh trim. I used 91% with a 45 second soak and she came out great. The ISO and trim was left in the freezer for 24 hours before I started. Here's what it looks like after the alcohol has evaporated
20160901_181329.jpg

The scrapping begins
20160901_181427.jpg
20160901_182543.jpg

Some shots of what I collected
20160901_183326.jpg
20160901_183336.jpg
20160901_224001.png

A few pics of her color after I melted her together
20160901_185906.jpg
20160901_185959.jpg

Smoke time... I really like the color
20160901_190449.jpg
20160901_190428.jpg
20160901_190307.jpg

15 dabs later.... It was really good.. shatters like glass if it's not warm. I'm having to warm the dabber before I scoop..
20160901_211255.jpg

Looks like that iso wash came out great. Did you happen to weigh the trim you used and how much concentrate you got? Good idea timing the soak, I never thought to do that, I just let gravity pull it through at the speed it wants to do it at. I wonder how many cannabinoids I leave behind though. Generally speaking I can only get a 10:1 ratio, so meaning if I put in 10 grams of trim I would get 1 gram of concentrate. But boy is that 1 gram some potent stuff... I want to figure out how to strike a better balance between potency and yield though.

Looks like that iso wash came out great. Did you happen to weigh the trim you used and how much concentrate you got? Good idea timing the soak, I never thought to do that, I just let gravity pull it through at the speed it wants to do it at. I wonder how many cannabinoids I leave behind though. Generally speaking I can only get a 10:1 ratio, so meaning if I put in 10 grams of trim I would get 1 gram of concentrate. But boy is that 1 gram some potent stuff... I want to figure out how to strike a better balance between potency and yield though.

Thanx fertilizer,

I didn't weigh the trim because it was fresh off the plant and wasn't dry at all. I still have half the trim left at home and I'm planing on doing another run dry so I'll get a weight today. I did weigh the iso hash and I got a .5 gram.. I'm trying to see if I prefer it fresh or dried but this was hands down the best run I've had, I think the smaller batches let the iso evaporate better. I did a big batch last time with a 1 minute shake and it was oily. I used a smaller jar this time too. My bubble bags are getting neglected now, I really like the ISO. I'm hoping I can get a friend to make some shatter for me with my next harvest but if not, I'm going to ISO wash a few ounces..

20160904_181321.png

So I made some more iso today and this was what I scrapped up with dry trim.. I actually liked collecting the wet trim , the dry trim run was like collecting keef. After all was said and done the end product seemed the same.... I can't tell a difference. I used 8.2 grams of trim and got another half gram red rock so my yeild sucks but it smokes good.

I thought I was going to get some wax made but my guy couldn't come through.. he also mentioned that the cost is half your end product... f that...

20160904_181321.png

So I made some more iso today and this was what I scrapped up with dry trim.. I actually liked collecting the wet trim , the dry trim run was like collecting keef. After all was said and done the end product seemed the same.... I can't tell a difference. I used 8.2 grams of trim and got another half gram red rock so my yeild sucks but it smokes good.

I thought I was going to get some wax made but my guy couldn't come through.. he also mentioned that the cost is half your end product... f that...

Damn that's a steep price just for running some concentrate!

I have managed to get my stuff slightly waxy by applying heat and taking it off before it gets to powdery. It seems like the application of heat and pressure does more to determine the consistency afterward when it comes to ISO extraction. I had one weird run where I put it between two silicone mats and pressed it, it came out like shatter like all amber and translucent, then the next day it somehow transformed into a waxier amber consistency.

Try to get some 99% if you can, that will help the yield a little I am betting.

Update...

Pure urkle at 3 almost 4 weeks... she's short with some nice node spacing
20160905_200708.jpg
20160905_200617.jpg
20160905_200535.jpg

B day cake.. getting a Lil frost already... small leaves, weak branches , lots of light getting to the lower growth
20160905_200427.jpg
20160905_200355.jpg
20160905_200350.jpg

Veg tent with 6 VCOG13
20160905_164110.jpg

A couple of orka tops...
20160904_193349.jpg
20160904_193338.jpg

Just a quick update.... after I harvest the Orkas I'm going to focus on Bday cake and Urkle so I can end this journal.. I'm running this perpetual so at this rate it will never end....

Doing a little cleaning today and did a good cool wash and wipe down of my nute bottles.... They get so dirty so fast.. General organics needs a new top because that stupid piece of paper with a hole in it sucks.. they always come loose and make a mess. Botanicare need a new top too because I feel like I waste a lot trying to fill a teaspoon. I really like the tops of the snow storm and purple max, They pour smooth. The hibrix molasses will get nasty if you don't clean it up soon after the pour..

20160908_164848.jpg

Veg tent fan filter getting dusty. I clean this filter about every two to 3 weeks because when it does get dusty It blocks airflow.. Glad that didn't get blown into my flowering tent.
20160908_165942.jpg

I have to put my FloraNova into a bag before I shake it because the lids are so loose, they'll fling little speckles of brown liquid everywhere, looks like the SHTF, literally

Hey does that Mendocino Avalanche stuff do much in your opinion? Was thinking about trying some of that.

What stuff is that from Humboldt County's Own? I use their Crystal Burst, love that stuff.

I have to put my FloraNova into a bag before I shake it because the lids are so loose, they'll fling little speckles of brown liquid everywhere, looks like the SHTF, literally

Hey does that Mendocino Avalanche stuff do much in your opinion? Was thinking about trying some of that.

What stuff is that from Humboldt County's Own? I use their Crystal Burst, love that stuff.

I should probably use a bag too. My bio bud flings dark brown drops if I shake up and down... I try to shake it side to side now. I've also expierenced my silica clumping up if u don't shake it well enough

I tthink the avalanche is working. I haven't tried it on a strain I'm familiar with but all my nugs came out nice and dense and the calyxs felt thick and meaty instead of empty and thin.. not sure if it was the strain but I'll keep using it until it's gone... I'll have to run a controlled test one day.

The Humboldt county stuff is the Snow Storm ultra and purple maxx. I haven't tried the purple maxx yet, I was planning on using it on my purple urkle to insure a nice purple color ( Who wants green purple urkle?) I've been using the Snow Storm ultra this entire grow so far and I'm not really sure if it's doing anything. My strains that were known to be frosty were still frosty. I tried it on my indica strain that's known to not have much Trichome coverage on the sugar leaves and she looked the same with no noticeable difference. I'm actually almost out and can't decide if I should buy it again. It's only like $10 so I probably will buy it again but I'm not really impressed with it so far. If it's doing anything its hard to notice..

Back
Top Bottom