Typical cost of Cannabis across the world

same thing happened to me in jamaica....only it wasn't 22lbs. i thought i was buying an eighth for $10...turned out to be an ounce!!! the cabbie i bought it from whipped out some papers the size of a pillow case. the girl i was with laughed so hard, she got the hiccups.

Wow! Don't blame you for growing your own.

You also get to control what goes into or on your smoke.

Aloha, Anyone from Hawaii can vouche for me when I complain about getting a blue card, can only grow 7 plants ( I start with 20 because there will be males) I give some away. I keep the really good ones. We can grow outside all year and if you know someone, you will get some good stuff. If not, good luck. We pay $20 a gram ( friends $70 an 1/8th) So $400-$500 an ounce of good weed. But very hard to find seeds. And to top it all off, NO DISPESARIES. AT ALL. And none in the near or far future. We don't even export pineapple or sugar anymore. We grow coffee. And that is the same price if not more than weed. $20 a gram on the street. You have to buy strictly from friends. Thank goodness we all grow our own, so if anyone has any idea about selling mainland weed here, good luck. LOL. Blue MMJ card and no place for the elderly to go and get their meds. Are we something or what? Are politicians suck. ha ha

In the good old days of Alcapolco Gold, Elephant, Kona Gold and every so often some stuff that looks like the crap being smuggled in from Mexico, you know that over dried stems and seeds stuff but alright at that time. We could buy a 4 finger bag for $15 bucks. Think of a sandwich bag filled half way. Those were the days. P.S. Anyone remember when they tied weed to a wooden skewer and named it tie sticks. That was good weed but in those days very exspensive. 5 joints for 20 bucks.

For a minute sunnyside, I thought you were older than dirt weed. I was East Coast in those days, and paid a bit more for lids but was always happy to get a $20 ounce with one fourth seeds & sticks rather than none. 40 years ago, $20 was like $150 today, so pressweed in the Big East is about the same cost. 40+ years! Reliable gauge of real inflation?

$40 for an eighth is OK price if you have good contacts for hydro sensi(nobody calls it that). Maybe twice as good as Mexican used to be, so the ratio is consistant: 7 or 8 times more than 40 years ago. Dollar devaluation. New cars are priced the same way, they're better but a lot more expensive.

I just want to point out that it is not legal to purchase marijuana in the Netherlands. I have lived in Amsterdam (and Diemen, once) at three different times in my life - all as an adult smoker, and it has never been legal. It is merely tolerated, and despite popular belief barely so. In fact, when I lived in Germany last year and made my weekly cross border run into Nijmegen the first week of January 2013, the coffeeshop would no longer sell to me. Now it's up to the city or district itself as to how they'll regulate marijuana, but it's still not legal.

It is the same here in Barcelona where I live now, but it's more legal here than in the Netherlands. Here you cannot smoke or carry in public, but what you do in your own home is totally fine including growing. I'm a member of 2 private cannabis clubs here and the prices are quite different at each, but in general range from 8-15 Euro per gram, but it depends on how much you're getting too. Last night I picked up 9 grams in Barcelona; 3 of Shark, 3 of Critical, and 3 of Sweet Afghani. The total cost was only 60 Euro, which I think is a pretty good deal considering the posh club, free drinks, etc.

In Amsterdam, Nijmegen and Arnhem, Netherlands, the prices were similar to here. If you buy directly in the city of Amsterdam you'll pay more, but if you go to the outskirts or go to Nijmegen or Arnhem, you'll pay much less. One cheap cash-n-carry only place called Smoker's Palace in Diemen sold White Widow for 8 Euro a gram. But they also sold Amnesia for 13 and Lemnesia for 12.

So the prices in Spain and the Netherlands are similar, but in nearly all cases the quality of the herb is much better here in Barcelona.

I also lived in Costa Rica, near Jaco a couple of years ago, and I was able to score some good bud from the taxi driver who drove us to our place from the airport. Not sure what strain it was, but for the most part it was pretty potent -some Panamanian stuff, and the prices weren't really cheap at $10 per gram. (Note dollars not Euro in this case) But the cool thing was from that point on I'd only have to call the guy and he'd go pick it up and deliver it right to my door. ;-)

Several years ago I lived in Puerto Rico for the winter, and although I understand it is part of the United States, getting weed there is a little different. I wasn't able to get anything good, but I was a pasty gringo living in Ocean Park; a largely Cuban area, so I probably wasn't deemed worthy of the good stuff. Cheap commercial weed was like $6 per gram and I had to get it from a junkie.

Finally, back in the early 2000's I lived in Juarez, Mexico. An ounce of brick dirt weed was $35-$40, or you could get an entire pound for about $375. It tasted like crap, looked like crap and smelled like crap, but it did the trick if you were desperate enough, and many people I knew were. From what I understand prices are about the same today.

Overall, I have not noticed a significant price difference for premium, high grade marijuana in the countries that I have lived in. I'm in Vermont for the summers and the weed there is about the same quality and cost as that found in Amsterdam. Hopefully one day I'll be in a situation where I'll produce all my own herb and never have to worry about the cost of weed again...

Oh for the days (1975 through 1980) when your friend would come to the party with big baggies filled with good smoke for only $10. And that would usually be more than an oz. but not much more. I remember in the early 80's when the price jacked up to $20 per oz. We complained but we paid it. Then in 1982 the price went up to $40, then $50, then $100 per oz. By 1984 and 1985 I was living in Houston and you could score an ounce for $60 or $80. After that it just went up, slowly but it went up. In most of the 90's I had a good connection and could get weed for $60 to $100 per oz. Then in 2001 it was ridiculous what happened. I moved to Miami and if you could find it the price for good hydro was $300 and up per oz. I was lucky in that I had a few friends in another state who could get me kilos but the savings were offset by how much of it I ended up throwing out due to mold, or even if I kept it in the freezer, it would be so dry that is was too harsh to smoke. I gave it up in 2004, for a job mostly but also too for a woman who didn't accept it around her kids. These days, it's just too much of a scam to try and buy it on the street. I don't know anyone I trust and the price is so high because even the honest people are charging what would equate to $700 per oz because the only sell a few grams at a time. One can only hope that one day soon, legalization will bring the price down but more so just make it available to people who want the choice.

Oh for the days (1975 through 1980) when your friend would come to the party with big baggies filled with good smoke for only $10. And that would usually be more than an oz. but not much more. I remember in the early 80's when the price jacked up to $20 per oz. We complained but we paid it. Then in 1982 the price went up to $40, then $50, then $100 per oz. By 1984 and 1985 I was living in Houston and you could score an ounce for $60 or $80. After that it just went up, slowly but it went up. In most of the 90's I had a good connection and could get weed for $60 to $100 per oz. Then in 2001 it was ridiculous what happened. I moved to Miami and if you could find it the price for good hydro was $300 and up per oz. I was lucky in that I had a few friends in another state who could get me kilos but the savings were offset by how much of it I ended up throwing out due to mold, or even if I kept it in the freezer, it would be so dry that is was too harsh to smoke. I gave it up in 2004, for a job mostly but also too for a woman who didn't accept it around her kids. These days, it's just too much of a scam to try and buy it on the street. I don't know anyone I trust and the price is so high because even the honest people are charging what would equate to $700 per oz because the only sell a few grams at a time. One can only hope that one day soon, legalization will bring the price down but more so just make it available to people who want the choice.

LMAO...those where the days...seeds and all. Even with dispensaries in So. Cal. its still a hit and miss...they grow it for the euphoric crowd & not the medical peeps. Information is incorrect (they round of % even if its a hybrid). Most of the shops only have one thing in mind and that is a HUGE profit.

yup here in az as a teen we paid on average 40 a 1/4 for brick crap full of smashed seeds and stems once you cleaned it you had an 8th or less it all smelled the same got you buzzed, but not till i made a friend from cali that had his wife bring or mail some decent stuff once a month and a small bottle of gold to black oil, he would smear the rolling paper with it, we called them oilers, after he i moved to cali in 92 till 94 i got good stuff that had names i remember white widow,white rhino,bam bam,white shark, atf, and mendo, that was amazing and about 80 a 1/4, i moved back to az all i found was that brick crap again so i pretty much quit bothering to buy any i was spoiled and not gonna pay 75 for a 1/4 of seeds & stems, then in the yrs that past i grew my own outdoors in hidden locations sometime it was still there in the fall sometimes not, then az finally passed a mmj program and i started learning to grow in my closet with cfls a few yrs before that, enough to keep myself supplied for pain mgmt , prices i hear are around 10$ a gram for top shelf and 5 for regs, i just grow for myself and family, but if i had to buy it i would do without being on a fixed income does not allow for such luxuries , legaization should bring prices to a reasonable rate:peace:

Aloha Old Stoner,
I was around and in my teens in the late 70's and the stuff on average was I am sure from Mexico. Dry, seeds and stems galore but we got stoned on it. 4 finger lids for $15. Boy those were the days. As I posted before them memories of watching all those seeds run down the magazine and throwing them away. hundreds of them. Lol. Now they sell those little buggers. Oh and the stems. Jeesh but what we got every so often was some good stuff. I don't here about some of those strain anymore. Probably just re-named. Elephant, Thai, Alcapoco Gold and some that didn't have a name. Back than names didn't matter. Smell,look and stone, that's all we cared about. As the years went by, I could not believe the soaring prices. Now here in Hawaii where we can grow outdoors 356 days out of the year and prices are still one of the highest priced state in America. Go figure. And now that it is medically legal, we can only grow 7 plant and have no more than an oz. ready to smoke. I think on the latter. Only problem is we have no dispensaries. Now what is wrong with this picture. No PapaGator, I am not a spring chicken but I was around when dirt weed was. LOL. We and I do grow some pretty good stuff but if you are not a grower and have no reliable friends or connections you will pay $20 a gram. With friends and connections $10-15 a gram. $500-$600 an oz. Ridiculous for a place that grows all year.
$60 for an 1/8th. With all the killer strains not to mention the THC levels are so much higher today than in the 70's it's a wonder why Mexico is still getting their rat weed in and people (not me that's for sure) are still buying it. I know some really don't have a choice. I would like to see the prices come down, a lot. Mostly for the elderly who can not grow their own and won't be forced in to a potential harmful position having to buy off the streets or for the sick people on fixed budgets. Would be nice to but a 4 finger bag for $15. LOL I grow for the beauty of the plant and give most of it away to the elderly and sick. Donations welcome to help with the cost but not necessary. It's just a very beautiful plant. And quite a challenge. Aloha to all and " Keep it Green".

Around my part of Scotland the price of weed is stupid.

Going rate for wet, early harvested weed is £10 a gram. £15 a gram for slightly drier early harvested weed.

If you know a guy you can buy 1/8th of dry, sticky bud for £20.

All depends on who you know, and if you don't know anyone then you are going to get wet, crap weed that isn't even worth putting in the bin.

In UK people around here sell .7 for £10 or 1.6 g for £20 good smoke £70 q or and even £280 per oz of the really nice stuff that is the price on street

That is Depend who you know:)

I even Know someone who Sell .5 per £10 and he get away with it means he make £20 per each gram

But that's is depend of the zones

London in cheaper same as Birmingham,Manchester or Liverpool soon you move to outskirts prices start rising

In UK people around here sell .7 for £10 or 1.6 g for £20 good smoke £70 q or and even £280 per oz of the really nice stuff that is the price on street

That is Depend who you know:)

I even Know someone who Sell .5 per £10 and he get away with it means he make £20 per each gram

But that's is depend of the zones

London in cheaper same as Birmingham,Manchester or Liverpool soon you move to outskirts prices start rising

Seems to be further North the weed travels the more expensive it gets.

Yeah you right apart from the big UK city's where you can get it cheaper due to the high volume of farms but from my experience,East of England is one of the most expensive places to get it even big bud will go for as easy as £200 oz in Essex same stuff at only £150 oz
Nice blueberry cost around £270/280 oz in East you can get down there for as cheap at £190 each oz

Back
Top Bottom