Typical cost of Cannabis across the world

Got a question for the legal recreational states or even the Canadian folks as y'all are legal too if I'm not mistaken? Anyways, with dispensaries opening everywhere and competition being super fierce...has legalizing caused street value to decrease?
Can't really comment on the street value as its been many a year since I have had to go lookin. all the heads in my area just swap back and forth. makes for some great variety. Can't wait for the first legal out door crop to come in and the harvest parties to follow.

Can't really comment on the street value as its been many a year since I have had to go lookin. all the heads in my area just swap back and forth. makes for some great variety. Can't wait for the first legal out door crop to come in and the harvest parties to follow.
Theoretically, I'd think it would drive street prices down as the dealer would want to beat out the dispensaries prices. All I know is we ( Pa ) are starting to bark up the tree of legalization too. Slowly but surely.

Theoretically, I'd think it would drive street prices down as the dealer would want to beat out the dispensaries prices. All I know is we ( Pa ) are starting to bark up the tree of legalization too. Slowly but surely.
Shouldn't be a problem. When the dispensaries first opened about a year ago I tried a few brands, everything was dried to the point of crumbling. Maybe alright in a dub but sucks in a single hitter. Almost everything local so far has been a much superior quality although lacking in details like strain and thc or cbc amounts. Not being so cash driven locals take pride in what they grow, hence so looking forward to the harvest parties, which by the way have been going on since I was just a younin

I live in US and i get my bud at a steady price of 4-5 USD per gram
The most expensive place in the world to get stoned is Japan, according to the United Nations Office of Drugs and Crime's annual World Drug Report. The street price of a gram of cannabis weed was $58.30 in 2005, over twice as much as in the next most expensive nation, Australia. Americans pay nearly twice as much as Canadians. Similar disparities occur in Europe. Although the Netherlands is the only Western country where cannabis can be bought legally, punters pay more there than in Germany or France. Happily for us, prices are cheapest in the UK, South Africa and in developing countries, where enforcement is less strict.
cannabis_prices_graph.jpg
Its $25 AUD In aus for a gram roughly but how much is that in American currency probably around $15. So really its sort of the same price at least those two

Got a question for the legal recreational states or even the Canadian folks as y'all are legal too if I'm not mistaken? Anyways, with dispensaries opening everywhere and competition being super fierce...has legalizing caused street value to decrease?

Probably a huge variance on where you are, the old "supply and demand" variable. I've seen numbers along the lines that legal grows in Oregon grew last year 3-4x what was sold the prior year, so prices have tanked to put it mildly. So unless the Feds change things up and inter-state commerce is allowed that won't change anytime soon around here. As when it went legal the penalties for illegal growing/selling increased may have slightly affected how many folks growing, the price drop due to the glut made it so growing indoors on a smaller scale that your expenses more (electric bill, nutes, etc...) than what you can get for it finished off a lot more of the "rouge/street growers". Not "top shelf" or "craft" or "A grade" (or whatever term you like) but there are Dispensaries you can get an oz for $60 (and that out the door price for Rec so that includes the 20% sin tax), but as it isn't crap either (slight step usually below A grade, so like a B grade or Outdoor stuff goes at). Even if you "like to support the little guy" most folks aren't going to pay 2-3x for similar stuff to support their old supplier. As you can get some pretty killer stuff at a Dispensary for $6-8 a gram if you shop around and know what you are doing (too many folks still go by the "magic" numbers on the label, and those thc% numbers not always relevant to the quality of the high let alone have anything to do with the taste, so I go more by what my eyes and nose says than those numbers and actually I pretty much ignore those numbers). I don't smoke very much but I like a variety (as I change strains every couple days) so I buy grams from a Dispensary from time to time as I'll see a Strain I want to try, but I grow more than what I go thru. But my kid who is of legal age he smokes like I used to back in the day, so he takes care of the yardwork that hurts my beat up blue collar dog body "in trade" (even though he still lives here and has a free ride basically ;):rofl: I still have to "pay him" to get him to do what needs done in a timely fashion).

Anywhere from £180 - £300 /oz in the Uk. It depends on where you are who you know. You can shell out nearly 20 US dollars a gram here on the street if you are not well connected. Ouchy!

When I was in high school we had a street named Keystone in Burbank Ca. In 10th grade i would get a 4 finger lid for $20 and that was usually columbian gold or maui wowi, or the brick weed which was $10 for a 4 finger lid but it was compressed and packed full of seeds. It usually came from Mexico or if we wanted to splurge we would spend $20 on some opiated Thai Stick, man I wish I could get my hands on some today. Then by the time I was a senior when the afgani bud started coming around I would get an 1/8th for %25 or a quarter for $40. Now I have been growing my own for over 30 years and for the most part with all the costs for lights nutes and all other supplies iu have to buy it ciomes out to about $29 an ounce. BTW for you young folks out there A 4 finger lid was approximently 1 ounce. Instead of using scales they filled up the baggie untill it was the same height as 4 fingers not including the thumb.

Back
Top Bottom