Tyson's 4x4 ScrOG Feat: Mimosa In DWC 2019

I like to keep a large record of all measurables, and will include as much information as possible with every update, as well as info on what type of equipment I'm using.

Me too ... I appreciate all your time and effort spent on the details. I am hoping to get the temp/humidity under control in my tent this week so I will read more about your strategy .

For now I think I will stick with soil, but one day I hope to learn about, and maybe even try, what you are doing.

Personally, I like thumbnails for equipment and full-size for plant details ... since it's the growing plant I am studying here.

Good luck with your grow!

Thanks everyone! means a lot, no pressure haha.

I am hoping to get the temp/humidity under control in my tent this week so I will read more about your strategy .

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask. Everyone's growing situation is drastically different so its hard to follow the way one person does it. The basic principles remain the same but there are so many different solutions.

Personally, I like thumbnails for equipment and full-size for plant details

I assume its the same on your end, but on mine, if you want to enlarge a thumbnail just click on it.

Thanks @BeanTownFan420 yall should see this guy's hong kong diesel!

6/4/19 1:30am Start of day 11
temp 78 rh 75% ec .9 ph 6.0

Hey 420 fam! Got some new things to report. I was able to complete and send out the sex kit today. I also adjusted my nutrient solution a bit and started to monitor the co2 levels in the tent. The tank and controller aren't on yet but Ive noticed elevated levels of co2 in the house recently on the apcem so I thought I would monitor it. The wife has been cooking up a storm and with a gas stove it raises the ambient co2 from 1200 to 2500 ppm. Now if i can just get her to cook every 4 hrs for 15 min then i could get rid of the tank lol.
The sex kit was actually pretty easy and Ill go into detail about the 2 companies that offer mail order sex testing (that i know of) because I think its a great service. I chose Phylos this time and SteepHill was sold out anyway. Phylos offers a 4 site test for $60 plus $9 shipping and expects you to provide the return envelope and postage (annoying). SteepHill offers an 8 site test for $100 with free shipping and they include the return envelope and postage (more professional approach and better price/site). Last grow, SteepHill forgot to send my test kit for a week until I emailed them (they said clerical error). Then it was 2 weeks to get results from when I shipped (they claimed high volume time). Couple this with the fact that SteepHill wants a sample from the 2nd set of true leaves (14-17 days grow time), while Phylos wants a sample from a cotyledon (after 1st set of true leaves have sprouted, about 7-9 days of growth) and you can see why I went Phylos. They only requested a small sample, I used maybe 20% of one cotyledon, very efficient. Because it was only a 4 site test, I chose the best 4 based on root structure. If they all come back male, I will be forced to buy another test and grow the remaining 2 out while I await their results.
The seedlings seem slightly pale from my experience so I increased the nutes to half the recommended dose for seedlings. I had started at 1/4 to ease them into it but it seems they might be hungry, or need a higher ec value to help facilitate the flow of nutrients into the roots. I added enough calmag to make it 1.5ml per gallon. I think this might be low for ro water and I plan on upping it as I increase ec in the coming weeks. With ro water, you're essentially replacing the calmag that isn't there so I wonder if there is a point in going "low strength" on the calmag during the seedling stage but we shall see. I also increased the amounts of all 3 floratrio bases to 1.5ml/gallon each. I increased the hydroguard to 2ml/gallon. I ended up buying the Armor Si and added it at the rate of 1.25ml per gallon. This required 5ml of ph down to bring the ph back to 6.0. Also when I add anything to my res, I pull out 5 gallons, add everything I need to the 5 gallons, ph it, then add it back to the res. This way it mixes much faster and is safer on your roots/nutrient solution then adding nutes directly to your res which shocks nearby roots and can cause nutrient precipitation in the area you dumped it in, leading to unusable salts that take up your valuable ec.

20190604_015440.jpg20190604_014951.jpg20190604_014939.jpg20190604_014930.jpg20190603_133640.jpg20190603_133538.jpg

As you already know, glad to have you @Jack420 This should be a hell of an adventure. I'll be happy with a lb but I'm shooting for 1.5, I know that's aggressive. My first attempt in scrog was in coco and I got 15.7oz dry. I was ready to cut up .3oz of stems to make it a lb haha. So besting that on my 2nd ever scrog run, this time in dwc is definitely possible. I'm more concerned with quality over quantity but have never had a problem with quality, at least the high. My first few grows the smell and look left much to be desired but the high still kicked you in the face. I know I could probably force a 1000w in there but I just love the efficiency of the 600w and it's much easier to control heat.

Hey Tyson! :ganjamon: Great looking setup, and your seedlings are off to a great start! I'm looking forward to this journal :yummy: i love the look of your Mimosa! I may need to hit you up regarding a couple beans some time..:nomo::rollit:
Happy growing :Namaste: Keep it irie

6/6/19 1:30am Start of day 13
temp 78 rh 75% ec .9 ph 5.9

Everything still moving along. Phylos should be receiving the sex kit today and they say 3 day turn time so I think early next week we'll know. I upped the calmag to 2ml/g and the silica to 1.5ml/g. I added 0.5 gallons of ro water. This kept my ec at .9 after the adjustments and allowed me to top off 0.5 gallon which I attribute to evaporation as I don't think they drank that much. I ended up buying the larger air pump and I got an additional stone as well. When I change the res, I'm gonna add some elbows to the air lines so they dont hang in the middle of the water.
I have a wyze pan cam that I added to the tent. Extra I know, but now I have a live feed on my phone wherever I go. Sometimes you just want to stare at your plants and now I can do it without opening the tent. It's only $29 and really easy to use. It zooms, tilts, and pans all in 1080p . . from your phone!

20190606_020214.jpg20190606_020111.jpg20190604_224104.jpgScreenshot_20190605-001815_Wyze.jpg

@irie lion I thought you were just a night owl like me, then I remembered you're in South Africa haha. Speaking of which, is Great White Shark a popular strain down there? with the local shark population and all

I thought you were just a night owl like me, then I remembered you're in South Africa haha
I am a night owl bro so we’ve got that in common :rofl: I’m a manager of a busy restaurant/pub so I usually end work late and once I’m home and relax, blaze up I always end up reading threads on 420 till the early mornings haha.
Great White Shark a popular strain down there?
Mmmh not recently, but the strain has been around since the late 90’s and only made its way into SA long after that. I’m not sure where the name came from but I hear it’s a impressive yielder, and I’ve been wanting to grow it for a while :ganjamon:

usually end work late and once I’m home and relax, blaze up I always end up reading threads on 420 till the early mornings haha.

Same here. I'll smoke every style here and there but my bong is my baby and my daily driver. Blazing will make me tired in the long run but one bowl will energize me for at least 30min-hr. When I start to get tired, time for a fresh pack Haha. The quickest, strongest high for me tho are the cartridges. I've got a nice e-coil setup but there's just something about the carts that rips. I'm currently running through Sauced carts

20190607_003836.jpg20190607_003711.jpg

Back
Top Bottom