Tyson's 4x4 ScrOG Feat: Mimosa In DWC 2019

I hear those are real strong! We’ve not got them around here in South Africa as far as I know.

I just saw your Red Poison May 2019 Nug of the Month. Are you kidding me man?? That is the craziest nug I've ever seen. You wanna talk about bag appeal. How many mimosa you need for a few of those seeds haha.

6/9/19 1:00 am Start of day 16
temp 79 rh 72% ec 1.0 ph 5.9

Hey everyone, time for an update. They are really starting to grow, especially the roots. I increased the calmag to 2.5ml/gallon. Phylos emailed me that they received the samples are they are being processed now. I'm hoping to get the results by the 11th but might not be until the 14th. The four chosen for the test are still the strongest, and on top of that, the 2 that I didn't pick have some growth anomalies anyway as you'll see in the pics. I set the humidity to 72%. Sometimes I increase temp to 85f in veg when using co2. Thats the highest I go and when I do that, I use 75-77% humidity to stay in my desired vdp range. Since we are around 78-80f now, Ill stick with 72%. Ill attach the vpd chart I use for reference. I'm sure most of you already know, but if you're not familiar vpd stands for Vapor Pressure Deficit. I can go into detail but it is easily found information, and very important, especially for indoor gardens were we have much better control over the environment. I also hooked up my 2nd timer and connected the 2nd humidity controller to it. This controller is connected to a 6' duct fan on the floor that removes moist air and keeps the lights off rh at 60%. I don't allow lights off rh to exceed 60% at any point in the grow after the first few weeks. Basically once the plant gets some leaf mass and the chance for powdery mildew arises. The timers are synced so they switch at the same time. The other timer controls the light, exhaust fan, 1st humidity controller and co2 controller.Everything else runs 24/7. I have an interval timer that I would normally use on my water pump, But since I am using a chiller, I run my pump 24/7.
I ended up fixing my airlines so that they weren't in the way. I said originally that I was using 6" stones but they are 4". I bought 2 extra but snapped the barbed connection on one and said screw it. So just 3, but I think its more than enough. I've heard varying numbers for air pumps, but I think it depends most on water surface area. You want the entire surface to be constantly agitated. Like anything, up to certain point, more is better. I benefit from the waterfall effect of the chiller return and am pumping 1.25 lpm of air per gallon of water which is about 20 gph per gallon of water, but again that number is not as important as surface agitation. So it really comes down to what type of stones you're using and how you place them.
I also got a close up shot of the bottom draw adapter on the water pump so you could see how it functions.

Res with upgraded airstones/lines and bottom draw adapter.
20190606_232646.jpg20190606_232639.jpg20190606_232358.jpg20190606_232316.jpg20190606_232312.jpg20190606_232307.jpg

Get an IR temp Sensor! It's a great tool for the garden but you'll love it for around the house . . at least the first few days. I like pinging if off the wifes head while she reads. Once she gets annoyed you can actually see the temperature on her forehead rise! lol

20190609_001752.jpg20190609_001604.jpg20190609_001549.jpg20190609_001523.jpg20190609_001437.jpg20190609_001335.jpg20190609_001307.jpg20190609_001301.jpg20190609_001254.jpgvapor_pressure_deficit_relative_humidity_chart_small.jpg

Also, check out what I got today, a 1st edition of High Times magazine's 1st issue. This was originally meant to be a one-time spoof of playboy but it was so popular the magazine was born. They reprinted this issue for the one year anniversary but that version has $1.50 in the top, making this one more rare.
I know this is 420Magazine but I just think it's a cool piece of cannabis history.20190609_001814.jpg

I just saw your Red Poison May 2019 Nug of the Month. Are you kidding me man?? That is the craziest nug I've ever seen. You wanna talk about bag appeal. How many mimosa you need for a few of those seeds haha.
Thanks bro! I appreciate the words. Damn it was a pleasure to grow! Mind blowing bag appeal. :ganjamon: Check @SeedsMan out they've got Sweet Seeds Red Poison going for cheap as far as i can remember. :headbanger: You're guaranteed purple flowers.
I'd be so keen on trading beans but i'm out in South Africa so there's always a chance the guys may grab my parcel and take the beans. However Iv'e been dreaming about growing your Mamosa cross (no jokes) so i'll let you know soon and we can do a trade.
Res with upgraded airstones/lines and bottom draw adapter.
Good looking rez!
Also, check out what I got today, a 1st edition of High Times
That's real cool Tyson! Keep your eye open for another copy ;)

Check @SeedsMan out

Everybody loves seedsman apparently. I'll have to check them out.

always a chance the guys may grab my parcel and take the beans.

I know that better than anyone. Time to cash in my frequent flyer miles hahaha.

So I woke up this morning and Phylos had emailed me the results of the sex test. They said they received it on Friday and had the results posted by 9am Monday, that's impressive. Last time steephill got them on a Tuesday and didnt post results until the next Friday (10 days.) With Phylos I had the results the morning of the 16th day from planting. I could have easily taken samples 2 days earlier and had results by Friday (13th day from seed) but I wanted to be extra sure they were ready.
I mentioned "weak seedling #1" in an earlier post. Of my original 8 beans, she was the 7th to sprout and took a little longer to get out of the gate. You can see in the pics she was the only one to have a fully green stem the entire time. I was rooting (pun intended) for her to win because she fought back so nicely.
As it turns out, she was the only female of the 4 tested! What luck, you go girl lol. I didnt wake up until lights off so in a couple hours when they come on I'll sadly cull the males and the 2 reserve ones, while moving her to the single pot lid.

Screenshot_20190610-131052_Chrome.jpg

That's seriously sweet Tyson! We've not got testing facilities like that here in South Africa. Saves you some good time & nutrients! :yummy:

@irie lion they ship internationally and no THC is in the cotyledon so you're good there. The only issue comes with sending plant tissue of any type internationally (diesease/pest/invasive species concerns) but since it's more of a rub mark the size of a pencil eraser, I think you'd be fine. It also looks like just a tiny little envelope.

Thanks bro, i'll be sure to check that out in the future.

Francesca's looking good in her new home :passitleft:

6/12/19 3:00 am Start of day 19
temp 79 rh 72% ec 1.2 ph 5.7

Hey guys, couple changes. I sprayed the net pot rim white, it was reading 6 degrees hotter than the white tote and now its the same. I dont think it makes a huge difference but I had the extra paint lying around. I changed out the res and cleaned the inline filter. I had some light brown slime built up on the screen, wish I took a pic but I'll do it next res change.
The res now sits at 11g in order to be an inch from the net pot. Once I get some more root mass I'll drop it to 10g. Per gallon, I used, 0.75ml Armor Si, 1.25ml calmag, 3.75ml micro, 5ml grow, 1.25ml bloom. It took 4.5ml pH down to bring the pH to 5.7 and the ec was 1.2 (850ppm). Looks like she is a little hungry for potassium, probably because shes shooting side growth like crazy, so hopefully the extra floragrow will help. It has the highest % of potash. I would say shes about a day or so behind where I was in coco at this time but she has significant side shoot development that I havent seen this early before. That should bode well for scrog.
20190612_033619.jpg

Glad to have ya aboard @jetsgrower . Looking at about another 17 weeks of growing then a week of drying. I like to cure for a month at least, but Ill steal a few to try out. Still we're looking at late Oct/early Nov. I cant wait that long!

Looking good mate. Unfortunate about all the males at the party. Looking forward to seeing the single plant scrog in action. Wouldn't mind trying a scrog but it would be a bit hard in a 3x3 with only front access.

6/14/19 1:00 am Start of day 21
temp 78 rh 72% ec 1.2 ph 5.8

Looks like the leaf growth rate is starting the match the root growth rate. I can tell her leaves are gonna be big based on the 2nd set. Those are the fattest I've ever seen, even if they are missing a finger. Shes responding nicely to the res change and added nutes. You can see the discoloration of the leaf tips on that 2nd set, very minor, but it looks like its stopped. Her nodes are really tight. I plan on topping but probably not until about 8" of height give or take. Screen will be placed 10-12" from lid. Other than that just some shots of the measurables. No co2 in use yet but you can see I'm at 1000ppm without trying lol. It stays around 700-1400 without supplementation but I like to keep it at a steady 1200-1300, that's why I use the tank.

20190614_004143.jpg20190614_001410.jpg20190614_000503.jpg20190614_000455.jpg20190614_000432.jpg20190614_000401.jpg

@61FALCON you can do it in a 3x3 with front access. Well I'm 6'5" so maybe I overestimate other's reach, but I do the 4x4 with only front and left side access. I just love scrog tho. And honestly, I'm falling in love with dwc. It's just so nice once it gets rolling.

Back
Top Bottom