Tyson's 4x4 ScrOG Feat: Mimosa In DWC 2019

6/26/19 1:00 am Day 33
temp 82 rh 72% ec 1.4 ph 5.8 co2 1150

I've turned the exhaust fan down a smidge to increase the temp a lil during lights on, trying to increase that metabolic rate to take advantage of the co2. Shes growing about 3/4"/day vertically but as you can see, shes really bushy. I havent started any training yet.

20190626_010815.jpg20190626_010800.jpg20190626_010755.jpg

7/3/19 1:00 am Day 40
temp 82 rh 72% ec 1.5 ph 5.9 co2 1150

I cut all the fan leaves coming off the main stalk, and spread the 14 tops (7 nodes) out using plant ties. I also added a water level indicator.

20190701_214722.jpg20190702_114044.jpg20190703_011320.jpg

7/6/19 1:00 am Day 43
temp 82 rh 72% ec 1.6 ph 5.8 co2 1150

20190706_011746.jpg20190706_011717.jpg
Looking, great mate. I just checked my pics from day 44 for comparison and yours is massive. :thumb:

Looking, great mate. I just checked my pics from day 44 for comparison and yours is massive.
Thanks Falcon! I'm guessing 5 more weeks until flip. I'll probably set the net up in about 5-7 days.

FANTASTIC structure. Great noding. Very healthy looking. Superb job CHEF. Are you going to defoliate when you SCROG?

FANTASTIC structure. Great noding. Very healthy looking. Superb job CHEF. Are you going to defoliate when you SCROG?
Thank you Lord! I defoliate a little as I go along, the largest defoliation occurs a couple days before flip. I try to take only what I need in order to promote side growth. Once I'm ready for flower, I trim everything under the net.

Hey Tyson, damn she’s been growing fast! Nice job on the topping and training, she’s been opened up really well! :bravo: She’s looking happy and she’s gonna be big. Crazy how quick she bounced back!

7/10/19 1:00 am Day 47
temp 82 rh 72% ec 1.85 ph 5.8 co2 1150

Hey guys, its been a crazy couple of days. My central ac went out 36 hrs ago and it's been getting up to 108f outside. I have been using a portable ac to keep the room that I grow in at optimal temps. It keeps the temps exactly where they were but has to run 24/7. The ac guy will be here in the morning to fix the main system.
On day 45, I changed the res and started the "late grow phase" from the chart I am going off of. I'll include it for reference. I meant to make this change gradually but forgot all about it until now. I'm at 60% full strength for the base nutes. I noted the ppm so you could see how each additive affected it. I also installed the screen at 10" from the net pot and weaved the 14 tops through it. I took off the growth from the very bottom as they were small and I already have more than enough growth sites building. I also added a 4th airstone so each line of the pump has it's own airstone.

700ppm scale
Starting ro . . . . . . . . . . . .60
after 1ml/g armor si . . . .80
after 2.5ml/g calmag . . . 340
after 6ml/g micro . . . . . .860
after 6ml/g grow . . . . 1190
after 3ml/g bloom . . . 1300
needed 0.75ml/g ph down to bring ph to 5.8, it rose to 6.0 in 24hrs as it settled.

20190710_000835.jpg20190710_000831.jpg20190710_000811.jpg20190710_000759.jpg20190708_075546.jpg20190708_075539.jpg
Screenshot_20190701-225331_Drive.jpg

Hey Tyson, damn she’s been growing fast! Nice job on the topping and training, she’s been opened up really well!
Thanks Irie! I feel like it's the key to getting that true scrog shape. Training is my favorite part of cannabis growing.
You called it bro, she bounced back so fast I barely even noticed. The speed of dwc is scary. My coco run, I installed the screen at day 50 and had less above screen growth than I do now. I keep thinking I'm gonna flip sooner than I expected. I guesstimated 70-73 days from seed, so we shall see.

My 4x4 tent is 48"x48" if you measure outside to outside. But the screen from edge to edge measures only 42"x42". So it's really about 12.25 sq ft of canopy. I've read that for a dialed in scrog, 2oz per sq ft is a very strong goal, hence why I'm shooting for 1.5lb.

Sweet net setup and all them tops were weaved in perfectly!
My coco run, I installed the screen at day 50 and had less above screen growth than I do now. I keep thinking I'm gonna flip sooner than I expected.
That's crazy! It's so nice to see improvements with every grow.
So it's really about 12.25 sq ft of canopy. I've read that for a dialed in scrog, 2oz per sq ft is a very strong goal, hence why I'm shooting for 1.5lb.
It may be early to say, but if things keep going as smoothly as they've been going so far i'd say you're gonna hit that target! :passitleft: i think i'll try out growing a single plant in my bloom box soon, it must be nice to be able to put all your focus in one plant in an area.

it must be nice to be able to put all your focus in one plant in an area
I started out with many more back in the day but due to the plant count limits out here, I've had to change up my style. If you run RDWC then it's really not any more work to add plants, once you get it setup of course. You're still dealing with just 1 res, but you do have alot more things to check/maintain. Soil or coco . . f that in my opinion Haha. I hated having to hand water and mix nutes up all the time. I would say I even like trimming more than hand-watering lol.
That's crazy! It's so nice to see improvements with every grow.
Gotta keep pushing the boundaries, otherwise we get bored! I think I've had 8 harvests so far, lost the first to severe budrot, I never even monitored humidity, let alone controlled it. But I had no idea what I was doing back then.
Sweet net setup and all them tops were weaved in perfectly!
It's a steal too. The net is super taunt (the lighting in the pic throws it off) The net is sold by a guy on eBay for $15US and the 1/2" PVC from the hardware store was like $2/8ft. So all in all like $20US. Cant beat it, it gives alot more structure then string or wire and wont cut the plant or invite mold. The smaller squares give me more spaces but also help keep the stalks upright and separated when the buds come.

I picked up some Koolbloom today for flowering. I had mentioned earlier that I was going to use fox farms solubles but I noticed that gen hydros "micro" has a lot more micronutrients then fox farms "micro". Whereas fox farms solubles have a lot more micronutrients then koolbloom. Basically, I believe the products are designed to be used with products from the same company. So I will use liquid koolbloom for this grow and will get some dry koolbloom for the last week as recommended by the schedule. I'm not using any of the "flavoring/aroma" additions of floralicious/flora nector/flora blend/diamond nector because I believe they are uneccesary for my system. For example, humic and fulvic acids help in nutrient absorption but there are already chelates in my chemically-based nutes that serve this purpose.

Attachments

• 20190711_105739.jpg
    20190711_105739.jpg
    477.8 KB · Views: 13
I started out with many more back in the day but due to the plant count limits out here, I've had to change up my style. If you run RDWC then it's really not any more work to add plants, once you get it setup of course. You're still dealing with just 1 res, but you do have alot more things to check/maintain. Soil or coco . . f that in my opinion Haha. I hated having to hand water and mix nutes up all the time. I would say I even like trimming more than hand-watering lol.

Gotta keep pushing the boundaries, otherwise we get bored! I think I've had 8 harvests so far, lost the first to severe budrot, I never even monitored humidity, let alone controlled it. But I had no idea what I was doing back then.

It's a steal too. The net is super taunt (the lighting in the pic throws it off) The net is sold by a guy on eBay for $15US and the 1/2" PVC from the hardware store was like $2/8ft. So all in all like $20US. Cant beat it, it gives alot more structure then string or wire and wont cut the plant or invite mold. The smaller squares give me more spaces but also help keep the stalks upright and separated when the buds come.
Can I please get a link to that net on eBay?

Can I please get a link to that net on eBay?
search "scrog pro replacement net"
looks like it's only $13 now w/ free shipping.
I'm pretty sure the only option is 4'x4' and you can cut it easily to make it smaller.

Back
Top Bottom