U.S. Border Patrol Agent Finds Marijuana, Apparent Smuggling Tunnel

Herb Fellow

TECATE - A U.S. Border Patrol agent found a large stash of marijuana and the opening to an apparent smuggling tunnel today in a commercial trailer about 350 yards north of the U.S.-Mexico line, officials reported.

The federal officer's service dog led him to the roughly 30-foot-long storage structure in an industrial area off State Route 188 in Tecate about 5 a.m., USBP spokesman Matthew Johnson said.

When the agent looked inside, he saw a man with a pistol in his waistband disappear into a hole in the floor of the trailer, Johnson said.

Stacked inside the unit - from floor to ceiling in spots - were wrapped bundles of cannabis, according to Johnson.

The officer called in the multi-agency San Diego Tunnel Task Force, which will determine the best and safest way to investigate if the subterranean passageway leads into Mexico, as authorities suspect. CNS-12-03-2007 14:46

Source: North County Times
Copyright: 2007 North County Times

No way Green, once he runs down the hole to the Mexican side, they can't do anything but call the federalies.. That takes so much time, the guys are usually gone.

I was born and raised in San Diego, CA, and sometimes I would walk out my door to go to school, and these guys would jump out from the bushes where they were sleeping and run off. They never hurt anyone as far as I know.

Hah, but to say those people have never hurt anyone is to be so naive. In a situation where its you or them, they are going to choose them, Whether that means shooting or stabbing or whatever. But yeah im in San Diego right now and I have yet to see a border porter. Its interesting though.

sometimes I would walk out my door to go to school, and these guys would jump out from the bushes where they were sleeping and run off. They never hurt anyone as far as I know.

ROFL. So they slept in your garden?

Back
Top Bottom