U. S. Border Patrol Arrested on Trafficking Charges.

Key West

LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- A U.S. Border Patrol agent has been arrested on suspicion of drug trafficking after authorities found 750 pounds of marijuana in his squad car following a high-speed freeway chase, according to a criminal complaint filed in San Diego.

The agent, Luis Francisco Higareda, has pleaded innocent to the charge and was in federal custody Friday, a spokeswoman for the U.S. Attorney's Office said.

FBI agents began watching Higareda after learning of a supposed plan to move a giant drug stash over the border from Mexico to a house in Calexico, California using a marked U.S. Border Patrol car, the complaint said.

Agents said they watched Higareda meet with another driver at a customs checkpoint, then chased him "at high speeds" about 20 miles to Holtville, California.

A search of the squad car turned up 10 duffel bags filled with marijuana, and an illegal immigrant who also was taken into custody, the complaint said.

Higareda has been jailed pending a bail hearing on Monday.

shit... if i was part of border patrol, that's what i would do...

Think about how many other border patrol people do that. It accounts for a lot of marijuana making its way into america. :cool:

makes me wonder how many poor bastards hes arrested for over an ounce,the man is still the man to me no matter if he smokes or deals hes still a cop!!!!

Back
Top Bottom