UFO LED grow lights?

Jwhat201

Hey everyone I was all excited to get my Mars LED but eBay free shipping means 25$ shipping and I don't got it lol.

Looking for another light I can afford now, trying to find the best I can at 75$ or under.

I found a 150W ufo grow light 10 band spectrum and with red blue and white colours.
Anyone ever use these? As good as the Mars lights? Or close? Haha. Has a much smaller surface area wondering is it worth the money or should I keep looking for Mars.

Also found T5 fluorescent tubes 2 in one for decent price but didn't say the wattage or anything.

Thanks in advance, or if you have any suggestions of lights you had good results with that'd be appreciated too

Hoping for one light that can grow one plant on its own, then I can use my CFLs and have 2 girls growing.

Following I am looking at the same options as you! I was looking at some bestva led lights on eBay and Amazon but want to hear some advice on them before I just buy!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Also subbed, been thinking about LED for a while now but they're just so expensive. Don't want to pay more than $150 honestly. And for what I want/ need for my grow they're all like $700+

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I have two 90W UFOs in a 2ft by 4 ft tent. A grow tent has excellent reflectivity.

I would like one per plant but have grown three at a time.

Two years old, been running constantly with no problems.

You need to research it, but you don't need as much wattage as everyone thinks.

Hi blackpaw,may i know which Mars light your bought from us?If there are anything happens,we will help you.we have international repair center.:high-five:We have return and warranty policy.:Namaste:
led grow lights-return policy
led grow lights-Mars Hydro Premium Warranty
If you do not like our old model,you can check our new model Mars Pro(II),many customers like it.
It is with better built-up ,more powerful and cooler than our other lights. Mars Pro :thumb:
We have been selling LED grow lights since 2009,we are keeping upgrade our tech.We will try our best to offer better lights and service to all of our growers.
all my mars lights are failing.

2 UFOs-burnt out LEDs
3 reflector 48s - failing fans and burnt out LEDs
2 Pro II (400 watts) LEDs burnt out

poor customer service, been e-mailing Ruby Wang, but now no reply lately.

I have had the same experience with the Mars lights unfortunately but I have to say that their service is up to par...IF you contact them on the Mars Hydro thread here, emails tend to be ignored until SmokeSara nudges her colleagues in the right direction, I would suggest that you do the same blackpaw.

I have 2x Mars 300w which are working fine for now, but as SmokeSara will tell you they are built cheaply to compete with shoddy lights on eBay, so I don't hold out much hope for them in the long term. Still for 6 months they have grown some plants.

I have 2 of the 96x3 reflectors (bought just before they were upgraded to 96x5 doh) and they lasted about a year before I had burned out diodes, I've not even bothered contacting Mars Hydro about them as I was never really happy with them anyway. One of them came with a faulty holder where the bolt had come off inside the case but it was a straightforward fix.

I also have a Mars II 1600w which was my pride and joy (it was their top of the range at the time) until I had burned out diodes TWICE! I foolishly stated that I would solder the diodes back on myself once they sent me the parts, but after attempting it my fat fingers could not manage the job, so now that light is picking up dust as I don't want to use it with 12 diodes burned out. I've slowly but surely replaced all but one of the Mars lights (one of the old style 300w which is in the veg tent).

Basically MH lights are a fantastic start on your journey to LED growing, but as they're so cheap you should consider them a throwaway technology. If you can afford the heat and have extractor fans etc then get yourself a HPS which will see you through a couple of harvests (minimum) until needing the bulb replacing, bulbs are pretty cheap too.
You could also still go down the LED route but prices are still quite high currently, although you could always go DIY and build your own, these work out pretty damn cheap but still slightly more expensive than the HPS. I have some DIY COB LED's that I built for £87 plus shipping in my current journal if you want to see how they are, my DIY skills are next to non existent though so don't expect too much, you could probably easily do much better yourself. :thumb:

Hi blackpaw,I'm sorry to hear that.:Namaste:Ruby is on on maternity leave.She may missed check your email with my colleague.I'm sorry about that.:Namaste:
You can send email to to service@mars-hydro.com,your email include:two pics(one with the light on,one with the light off) with the description+your contact information+the date you bought your light+,my colleague is in charge of repair service,she will help you to diagnose and solve the problem .Hope everything will be fine soon.
If you got anything need to know in the future,you can leave a message at our thread Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion,
or send me PM.I will try my best to help.:Namaste:
2 UFOs-burnt out LEDs
3 reflector 48s - failing fans and burnt out LEDs
2 Pro II (400 watts) LEDs burnt out

poor customer service, been e-mailing Ruby Wang, but now no reply lately.

Sometimes our colleague may didn't check evey email on time,we got many emails a day.We will try our best to offer better servic.:Namaste:
Our products,no matter we sell on our offical website or ebay,they are the same quality.We have been selling LED grow light since 2009 to now.We are keeping upgrade our tech,and develop better products.:high-five:
We had lens problem before,but now it's better,we upgraded the lens tech.:Namaste:
In order to help our clients,we set-up international repair center.We have 2 years warranty for our customer.:high-five:If you need to repair your lights,you can contact with us,we will arrange everything for your.Or we can send you the leds,if you want to repair it by yourself.:high-five:
Also you can upgrade your Mars II or Reflector to our new model Mars Pro II,it is the best lights we have now.It run cooler,and with better built-up.You can read about our Trade-in project.:high-five:
Mars Hydro Trade-in Program
I have had the same experience with the Mars lights unfortunately but I have to say that their service is up to par...IF you contact them on the Mars Hydro thread here, emails tend to be ignored until SmokeSara nudges her colleagues in the right direction, I would suggest that you do the same blackpaw.

I have 2x Mars 300w which are working fine for now, but as SmokeSara will tell you they are built cheaply to compete with shoddy lights on eBay, so I don't hold out much hope for them in the long term. Still for 6 months they have grown some plants.

I have 2 of the 96x3 reflectors (bought just before they were upgraded to 96x5 doh) and they lasted about a year before I had burned out diodes, I've not even bothered contacting Mars Hydro about them as I was never really happy with them anyway. One of them came with a faulty holder where the bolt had come off inside the case but it was a straightforward fix.

I also have a Mars II 1600w which was my pride and joy (it was their top of the range at the time) until I had burned out diodes TWICE! I foolishly stated that I would solder the diodes back on myself once they sent me the parts, but after attempting it my fat fingers could not manage the job, so now that light is picking up dust as I don't want to use it with 12 diodes burned out. I've slowly but surely replaced all but one of the Mars lights (one of the old style 300w which is in the veg tent).

Basically MH lights are a fantastic start on your journey to LED growing, but as they're so cheap you should consider them a throwaway technology. If you can afford the heat and have extractor fans etc then get yourself a HPS which will see you through a couple of harvests (minimum) until needing the bulb replacing, bulbs are pretty cheap too.
You could also still go down the LED route but prices are still quite high currently, although you could always go DIY and build your own, these work out pretty damn cheap but still slightly more expensive than the HPS. I have some DIY COB LED's that I built for £87 plus shipping in my current journal if you want to see how they are, my DIY skills are next to non existent though so don't expect too much, you could probably easily do much better yourself. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom