UG's Paradise

UrbanGrower

Hello 420magazine!

I just got my MMAR forms signed and decided to make a journal of my grow :D

I am wanting to dial it in a little bit before I start so here's what I have so far...

Secret Jardin II DR150(5x5x6.5)
6" SilverStar AirCooled Hood
1000W Hortilux bulb with Lumatek ballast
6" Vortex In-line Fan
Can-Filter 50

Still trying to figure out the best way to set this all up...Does this seem okay?

This_right_-1.jpg

If heat becomes an issue I'll go with the bottom Picture
This_right_-2.jpg

I've been reading up on how to put a good set up together like crazy recently. My only advice would be to move the fan cooling your light to the other end of the tent so it's pushing air through rather than pulling it out. It probably doesn't matter, it just seems (to me) that it would work better so that's how I'm planning on setting mine up. Also I would put some sort of filter in the opening of your intake vent so you won't get dust and other gross stuff inside your tent. I'm new to all this and a beginner just like you, but I hope I could help some. Oh and lastly I'd just start off with the bottom pic instead of the top. I think with 1000 watts there's no chance heat WONT be an issue. Good luck!

That's a great idea about pushing the air instead of pulling! I appreciate all the tips. Where I live though, it's very cold and ambient room temperatures are rarely above 67 so I will run it all for a couple of days to get an idea of temps and if I need to buy another fan. The DR150 has flaps on the bottom with mesh screens so you can open for air flow without pests. I'm only going to do 1-2 plants and if something gets funky with temperatures I have a back up a/c...this will be my idea for now, and will adjust according to temps
skitched-20120815-130857.jpg

Yeah, you're going to want to hook up more venting to the other side of the cool tube. You want the cooler air on the outside of the tent passing through it and going out the other side. Since the air inside the tent right next to your light is going to be roughly the same temp as the light itself as it passes through it, it won't cool it more than a few degrees.

:welcome: urban grower looking good so far! so what strain are you gonna be growing?

Thanks Growrook

I'm going to place an order within the next week from one of our sponsors here. Only going to get one of each

The list:
Dutch Passion - Purple #1
Barney's Farm - Pineapple Chunk
Barney's Farm - Liberty Haze
Barney's Farm - Lucy
DNA Genetics - Chocolope Kush
DNA Genetics - Holy Grail Kush
G13 - Purple Haze
G13 - Pineapple Express
Next Generation - Grapefruit Diesel
Connoisseur Genetics - GranDaddy Purple S1
Sativa Seedbank - Blackberry

Hi UrbanGrower -

Consider keeping your filter in the tent, but secured vertically along a side/corner support, or even standing in a corner on the floor if needed. They work better if you pull through them instead of pushing into them, if that makes sense... I like your seed order strains a lot, btw. :)

I agree with X, you need to pull the air thru the filter. My filter is as you have it pictured then thru the lights and exhausted into the attic. No need for a intake fan as the negative pressure inside the tent will pull in fresh air. A couple of things to consider. Have the air intake opposite of where the filter is. This way the fresh air has to go across the tent so it's pulled thru all the plants and they get clean cool fresh air. Do not exhaust into the room as all your doing is heating the room and the tent is not getting fresh air. 65 to 68 is where I like to keep my outside the tent temps. This way inside the tent should be between 5 to 10 degrees higher and the perfect temp for your plants
You can go to my journals and see how I have my tents set up inside

I agree with X, you need to pull the air thru the filter. My filter is as you have it pictured then thru the lights and exhausted into the attic. No need for a intake fan as the negative pressure inside the tent will pull in fresh air. A couple of things to consider. Have the air intake opposite of where the filter is. This way the fresh air has to go across the tent so it's pulled thru all the plants and they get clean cool fresh air. Do not exhaust into the room as all your doing is heating the room and the tent is not getting fresh air. 65 to 68 is where I like to keep my outside the tent temps. This way inside the tent should be between 5 to 10 degrees higher and the perfect temp for your plants
You can go to my journals and see how I have my tents set up inside

This is all great advice IMO. :thumb:

+rep A1!

those a prime ideas man!!!

I love how your set up is...only whack thing about my tent is maximum weight is 66lbs and it already feels like shits pushing the limit. My carbon filter weighs 33lbs and fan 15lbs so I might do as xlr8 said and put them in a corner(I'll make a stool to mount it up a bit), that way I could add another light.

Do you think I could run my exhaust ducting out through the AC window mount? I have an AC in the room ducted to the window and it's got a special slot that I could just take out and put exhaust ducting there? or I could cut a hole in my roof...I'll think of somethin. Thanks for the heads up guys

those a prime ideas man!!!

I love how your set up is...only whack thing about my tent is maximum weight is 66lbs and it already feels like shits pushing the limit. My carbon filter weighs 33lbs and fan 15lbs so I might do as xlr8 said and put them in a corner(I'll make a stool to mount it up a bit), that way I could add another light.

Do you think I could run my exhaust ducting out through the AC window mount? I have an AC in the room ducted to the window and it's got a special slot that I could just take out and put exhaust ducting there? or I could cut a hole in my roof...I'll think of somethin. Thanks for the heads up guys

As long as it is going out and isn't reintroduced to the grow space to continuously heat things up

This is how I have everything set-up so far.I'm just wondering if it's a big deal that air is flowing through the mogul socket first? would it be safer if air blows towards and through the bulb or through the socket and bulb?

I have mine blowing right onto the bulb first. I think it will carry away more heat if done that way but, I bet it doesn't make much difference which way you do it.

I don't think it matters, but my hydrofarm reflectors instruct you to blow it through the mogul first, just like you are asking about. My theory is they are more concerned with their product vs your bulb, but I've seen it done both ways with no issues. I've heard that they cool better minimally bulb first, but I haven't tried it that way. (Mine are mogul first per the manufacturers instructions still).

My doc is a health nut and wants me to start juicing raw cannabis. He said once you burn marijuana it converts almost all cbd to thc and only provides 10mg of the beneficial parts compared to the 600mg when eaten raw, some people only juice the leaves but I will be doing a whole plant at once and pour the remaining weeks worth in ice trays. I will juice 1 plant every 6-8 days (depending on size) and aiming for 9-13cc's of raw juice daily. Dr.Courtney has some good videos on youtube about this if anyone wants to check it out.

Everything purchased will be used for a veg station and I plan to construct a flower room once I have some money(i'm sorry for being leggy). Here's the blue prints

skitched-20120906-183216.jpg

Back
Top Bottom