Uh oh: Is this mold?

Ducky1

I’m not sure if one of my buds are beginning to produce mold. I’m maybe a week out from cutting. Should I just start the chop now?
75D23593-46E6-482D-AF4E-06CAB527F717.jpeg
It feels a bit wet and soggy and lifeless compared to the buds next to it.

11487307-9F5B-4493-A48B-C2BCA09BFD06.jpeg

8A256194-B104-4E7E-8E2A-491231C3824E.jpeg

3285806D-6580-4F1D-84F3-4921383BF4DA.jpeg

Okay so the more I look the more it looks like bud rot. Do I cut the whole plant down now being as it was due to come down in a week or do I just cut the one bud off?
Hey @Ducky1 sorry about your issues.
Cut anything out asap. Be careful. Ive herd some people spray hydrogen peroxide on them. Hopefully there isn't much rot.
Let her go she should make it.
How is your rh? And air circulation? Any obvious issues?
Bill

Cut anything out asap. Be careful. Ive herd some people spray hydrogen peroxide on them. Hopefully there isn't much rot.
Bill

rh is bang on 50%, air circulation is good fans working fine, temp is at 26.5.

Only thing I can think of is I knocked the extractor fan the other day then forgot what setting it was on and turned it back on but on the lowest setting. Very insignificant but I’m guessing even something as minor as that may have changed it.

rh is bang on 50%, air circulation is good fans working fine, temp is at 26.5.

Only thing I can think of is I knocked the extractor fan the other day then forgot what setting it was on and turned it back on but on the lowest setting. Very insignificant but I’m guessing even something as minor as that may have changed it.
In late flower they are more susceptible to circ and dampness issues.
My first grow I somehow managed to plug in a reg old light bulb at week 5. Can you say hermie? Hopefully things aren't too bad.
Bill

In late flower they are more susceptible to circ and dampness issues.
My first grow I somehow managed to plug in a reg old light bulb at week 5. Can you say hermie? Hopefully things aren't too bad.
Bill
That makes sense. I will keep a very close eye on these now over the next 1-2 weeks. Closer inspection of the trichome suggests they’re not quite ready yet and still have a little while to go. How did you manage to put a regular lightbulb in lmao! Bad times!!
B47F717B-5D66-4BB6-B556-76986F3204D9.jpeg

That makes sense. I will keep a very close eye on these now over the next 1-2 weeks. Closer inspection of the trichome suggests they’re not quite ready yet and still have a little while to go. How did you manage to put a regular lightbulb in lmao! Bad times!!
B47F717B-5D66-4BB6-B556-76986F3204D9.jpeg
I had a lamp hung in there when I was setting the room up first grow.
At some point I was changing the location of cords to lights so I must have plugged in the one hanging beside the power bar. Since led,s were already on I didn't notice. :eek:
My blood pressure just went up typing that. Yikes that was years ago and it still gets me. I don't mind things going wrong i log everything and learn from it.
But my own careless errors make me mad.
Trics are hard to make out, I blew it up and see mostly clear. Give her time some more time and watch for any more issues.
Bill

I had a lamp hung in there when I was setting the room up first grow.
At some point I was changing the location of cords to lights so I must have plugged in the one hanging beside the power bar. Since led,s were already on I didn't notice. :eek:
My blood pressure just went up typing that. Yikes that was years ago and it still gets me. I don't mind things going wrong i log everything and learn from it.
But my own careless errors make me mad.
Trics are hard to make out, I blew it up and see mostly clear. Give her time some more time and watch for any more issues.
Bill
Damn bill that sounds like a nightmare, my first grow I used miracle gro with just water under a 250w cfl, no nutes no nothing. Just soil and water. Still managed to pull 1z off all of it though despite the complete lack of knowledge or anything else lol. I was so dumb. I remember reading posts saying 1g per watt if you’re good and I was like “nah I’ve taken good care of these I reckon I’ll get maybe .75g per watt” even though all I used was water and miracle gro soil lol what an idiot.

my last grow I didn’t flush for the last couple weeks. I’m going to flush this grow for the last 2 weeks and see what it turns out like and compare flush to non flush for my own sanity as I see a flush vs non flush is such a massive topic.

Damn bill that sounds like a nightmare, my first grow I used miracle gro with just water under a 250w cfl, no nutes no nothing. Just soil and water. Still managed to pull 1z off all of it though despite the complete lack of knowledge or anything else lol. I was so dumb. I remember reading posts saying 1g per watt if you’re good and I was like “nah I’ve taken good care of these I reckon I’ll get maybe .75g per watt” even though all I used was water and miracle gro soil lol what an idiot.

my last grow I didn’t flush for the last couple weeks. I’m going to flush this grow for the last 2 weeks and see what it turns out like and compare flush to non flush for my own sanity as I see a flush vs non flush is such a massive topic.
I still managed to pull 12 zips even though I took them way too early.
You just added rocket fuel to your post. FLUSH oh no.
I have read a lot of articles about it. I personally don't do it.
I cut my nutrients down at the end ,but I still feed.
From what I understand there is no benefit in starving your ladies when they are trying to build buds for you. Just my thoughts on it. I'm sure you'll get lots of opinions.
Happy growing friend.
Bill

Very unlikely that anything you did the other day caused the bud rot issue. It will usually take 3 to 4 weeks for molds or fungus to grow far enough along for the gardener to notice.

When I have found 'bud rot' in the middle of a larger bud like you have I will just toss that entire stack or clump of buds or whatever they are called. If there are several on one branch or stalk I have cut the entire thing off and tossed it.

The recommendations I have come across is for soil growers to do a flush to get out accumulated salts if they are using fertilizers or nutrients that are chelated (formed with salt chemistry). If non-chelated fertilizers are being used the flush is not necessary. Either way the plant should be given its normal nutrient schedule right up until harvest.

Bill
I have been hearing about the hydrogen peroxide spray but so far not noticed a formula. Is there a recommended dilution of peroxide to water?

My thoughts are that the peroxide mix would help kill most or all of the molds and mildew that are there. Then maybe a spray of cider vinegar & water the next day to coat the leaves with the acetic acid to discourage any mold spore that might land on the leaf.

For the vinegar & water spray I will mix 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar to a quart of clean water. Don't know if the water needs to be left out to get rid of chlorine so sometimes I will leave it out and sometimes I fill the spray bottle up the line, add the cider vinegar, and then go spray away.

@Ducky1 bummer on the botrytis. Personal mistakes are my pit I beat myself up to much I guess I expect perfection but it never happens that way had some clones that I put to dirt a few weeks ago and got some nasty root issues or I didn't acclimate properly they locked out pretty bad, had light leaks in tents and herms, and electricity goin out plants freezing in the winter haha all name of the game record it move on and learn. Botrtyis is a plague that spreads like wild fire seen it spread over night good job catching and pulling those few out I drop RH below 50 % the last 3 weeks to help midagate and keep that out and PM away. I'll jump in on the flush thing lmao I've done both not flushed and flushed. Flushing a plant is such a horrible term for anything because like @Bill284 said not worth leaching nutrients and taking that away but I have personally seen at work higher thc % results with 12 days of quote on quote flush or fresh RO water i don't know why or what causes it if its a hormonal change in the plant but proven and seen with lab results as far as I've seen. Happy growing my friend!!! :goodjob::yummy:

If you find an h202 solution usually it's like 30% to 35% stronger than regular hydrogen peroxide I spray at 10ml a gallon for heavy mold 5ml for light stuff if you mix h202 in with banish (geranium oil extract) 24hr mold and PM killer. use fresh ro with nothing in it most ice stations sell fresh ro with like a 15ppm reading for a dollar or so. @Ducky1

So I was checking the plants out again today and giving it a good inspection and there was a very very small amount of mould on my Godzilla bud. I am pooping my pants now and considering harvesting early. About 70% of trichs have turned milky. I’d like to wait it out another week but I wouldn’t want to lose the whole thing to mould. One of the shops near me sells a mould spray that will apparently get rid of it. Think I might pop up to his tomorrow and see what he says.

The overall setup along with a close up of Godzilla bud, the leaves on/surrounding very bud just genuinely look relatively poor and have done for a good few weeks now. Not sure if it’s a sensitive strain (green gelato) but they don’t look too great. I mean I think I’m a week out from Harvest as it is. I just hear stories of bud rot working it’s way from the inside out so if that’s the case it’s going to mean I might have a lot of it. I have spread some buds apart slightly to try and check but haven’t seen anything. The last 2 pictures are of the buds I removed just then that looked like a bit of rot.

Back
Top Bottom