Uh-oh problem, need advice

Almost there and I have a problem. Let me first say I thought yesterday this was a heat issue, now I'm not sure...60 days of flower this coming up Sunday.

Last Thursday I lowered my 250w hps to about 6" from the tallest cola. Held my hand above the cola without any burning. Saturday I notice the tallest cola has some dried leaves toward the top, I immediately raise the HID light back to 10" above. Fast forward to 4 pm today and the top inch of the cola is dry...like 5 days of hanging dry. Come back home around 8 pm to find even more of the cola has dried :thedoubletake:

The cola next to it (as you will see in the pics) is almost the same height, no drying at all. I checked the stem of the drying cola, as far as I can tell no damage to it. I have been holding temps around 80* to keep my humidity down in the low 40's with the lights on. Is it just burnt and drying? Idk, I hope I don't have to harvest early. I think she has at least 12 more days left before she is ready. Let me know all, what do you think is going on? Nutes have been light for the last week now preparing for harvest.

420_151.jpg

420_152.jpg

Re: Uh-oh...problem, need advice

Almost there and I have a problem. Let me first say I thought yesterday this was a heat issue, now I'm not sure...60 days of flower this coming up Sunday.

Last Thursday I lowered my 250w hps to about 6" from the tallest cola. Held my hand above the cola without any burning. Saturday I notice the tallest cola has some dried leaves toward the top, I immediately raise the HID light back to 10" above. Fast forward to 4 pm today and the top inch of the cola is dry...like 5 days of hanging dry. Come back home around 8 pm to find even more of the cola has dried :thedoubletake:

The cola next to it (as you will see in the pics) is almost the same height, no drying at all. I checked the stem of the drying cola, as far as I can tell no damage to it. I have been holding temps around 80* to keep my humidity down in the low 40's with the lights on. Is it just burnt and drying? Idk, I hope I don't have to harvest early. I think she has at least 12 more days left before she is ready. Let me know all, what do you think is going on? Nutes have been light for the last week now preparing for harvest.

420_151.jpg

420_152.jpg

I take it you have a horizontal light. Either way you have to hold your hand under for a minute as heat builds up and sometimes we check for a sec and it's ok. 6" would be ok for a vertical set up but sounds a bit to close even for a 250. can you move that plant to the outer area and replace it with another? It doesn't look to bad , I've seen them brown crisp...LOL

Yarddog, How far do you have to finish. What do the trichs looks like? I wouldn't worry about a bud drying out now. They are way too far along for much negative to happen to them. If you get within a week or so you might want to turn the lights out on them completely. I've done it on most of my grows and it seeds to trich up the buds as they give there all when they think they are about to die. A good time to start that is when they are in the mostly cloudy but no amber stage. I start anywhere from a week to 3 days from cut date.

Yarddog, How far do you have to finish. What do the trichs looks like? I wouldn't worry about a bud drying out now. They are way too far along for much negative to happen to them. If you get within a week or so you might want to turn the lights out on them completely. I've done it on most of my grows and it seeds to trich up the buds as they give there all when they think they are about to die. A good time to start that is when they are in the mostly cloudy but no amber stage. I start anywhere from a week to 3 days from cut date.

Thanks MC, I need to go to Radio Shack tomorrow and pick up one of those hand held scopes that Roseman posted. My 30x1 does not work with my eyes now. Sunday will be day 60 but I think she has a little more than that. The thing that sucks is this was the biggest cola, maybe a 1/4...oh well live and learn. I am going to do what you said about turning the lights of for the last part. Just need that scope. If it dries out more should I cut that cola down early?

Only way you cut a cola is if you know if it's done or not. You've come too far to get too anxious now. To me the colas just look like they're stacking. I've seen some strains that look like they grow ears or somthing! LOL! It's usually a sign that they are close.

Back
Top Bottom